Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CarlCX posted:

The streetbeefs drama was similar to the slap drama in that it originally came from streetbeefs stuff getting posted in the UFC thread, which grossed some folks out because streetbeefs is, y'know, streetbeefs, and that's what led to the launching of the specific streetbeefs thread.

It got real popular for awhile, and then, in fairly rapid fire,
  • Scarface, the guy who 'ran' streetbeefs, turned out to shockingly be kind of an exploitative jerk who was making money off the fighters without, you know, paying them
  • Mel Mudkiper, the forums poster who started the streetbeefs thread and largely kept it alive, aside from just being a huge dick, turned out to be working in education in some part with the House of Saud's Vision 2030 program and was basically chased out of the forum
  • firechicken, a forum member and streetbeefs enthusiast, turned very quickly into running their own streetbeefs without licensing, money or medical testing/supervision while planning and advertising it on SA, which as a plus was also scheduled to begin right in the middle of the pandemic
Scarface went into temporary legal hiding, Mel Mudkiper went into what they describe as self-imposed forum exile having nothing to do with everyone telling them to gently caress off everytime they posted, and firechicken deleted most of their posts and self-banned, and the thread was goldmined and never remade.

Which, in hindsight, how else could the streetbeefs thread have possibly ended but that. It was perfect. Streetbeefs itself has continued on, as far as I know.

I personally feel like streetbeefs discussion fits into this thread, but I Am Not A Mod.

And now Mighty Mouse does Street Beefs reactions on his youtube channel when he isn't playing Tarkov or Elden Ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU