Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

LLSix posted:

I've been watching Quill's video stream today. He does all the fights, but let's the computer control instead of either auto-resolving or fighting himself. It's bizarre. It doesn't leave me feeling good about the tactical layer being engaging.

He said he was doing it because he is only allowed to stream for a limited amount of time, it is faster, and he wants to show later game. (I'm not sure why he doesn't auto-resolve then, but he did say that.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Trip report: made halfling runesmiths, killed a bunch of poisonous spiders that couldn't touch me, declared war on the first real empire I ran into and got my face kicked in by angry frogmen

would play again

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Splicer posted:

I skipped most of the dev diaries so I could find out stuff for myself. I really like the province boost thing and so far I'm really liking the necromancer souls mechanic, it keeps the fuelled-by-my-enemies feel without the micro fomo.

I also like the focus on temp HP. Having to cycle out units more often is a cheap price to pay to end the age of drawing out fights for recharges. Also the actual amount they heal seems to be pretty hefty so I'm seeing less actual deaths than I expected.

The whole shield wall thing is also pretty cool.

How do Souls work? You get them when you kill units and spend them to make undead? Or what?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Zore posted:

No they won't. There are some specific units which can evolve into higher tiered ones (mostly baby Spiders/Hellhounds/Pigs becoming adult tier 3 or 4 versions) but in general units are always whatever tier they start as.

Feudal peasants also do, which I assume was the confusion point.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Jack Trades posted:

Oh, I see.
Is there any way to know which units can "evolve" and which can't?

The ones that can have an ability that says so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
How does Awakening work? Are there any spells that do it? I couldn't find any.