Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

victrix posted:

I figured the heavy customization was just going to be Not Good on the avatars but... based on everything I've seen, it's the opposite, it's extremely good

Tome of Revelry transformation.

I'm want to see if I can put hooves and horns on my Froggies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
It looks like Arctic Adaptation plus the Tier III Tome of the Cold Dark can turn any Culture into Frostlings. Plus the tier I tome of Cryomancy optionally.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Randarkman posted:

Yeah, but I was thinking kind of apart from that as well, like trying to recreate somewhat the Frostlings race from Age of Wonders 1. I'd use either humans or goblins, give them blueish-white/grey skin, arctic adaptation and possibly wolf mounts (they rode wolvesi n age of wonders 1, but it was only a couple of units, so could just go for the wolf mount aesthetically). Take either barbarian or dark culture, barbarian culture would probably be closer aesthetically, though the jaggedness and spikes of the dark culture could look good for an ice theme, especially if you can make the armor color be like white or bright blue.

e: I think there is a pre-set Frostlings faction in the game though, led by some witch lady. So if I want to play Frostlings I might just play them.

Age of Wonders 1 is the only AoW game I have played before this, and Frostling and lizardmen were my favourites in that game. Yeah, if you wanted to replicate them in this game that would be how to do it, but a lot of the flavour could be added with just the Tome, I wouldn't be surprised if taking the transformation changes skin colour.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Has anyone sorted out what aesthetic changes the various minor transformations make? I've seen a few of the early ones, but getting through all of them seems a slog.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

bobtheconqueror posted:

Seconding checking out the encyclopedia, but some of the notable ones I saw were that leafkin gives your guys hooves for like a satyr look, rock kin gives you rocky bits. Supergrowth makes your guys bigger, or just normal size if they're hobbits, but that varies by form, so like frogs just get wider lol. The small guys one that I can't remember the name of makes your guys shorter, but doesn't reduce arm length as much so they look like really lanky short guys, unfortunately doesn't seem to change the size of warbreeds, although they do benefit from the effect.

Tome of Revelry gives the hooves, I know that much. I was hoping there was something that could give out horns without going full demon, but no dice. The Beastkin, Rockkin, and Frostling transformations do not look good.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
I don't really get alignment in this game. Are all alignment shifts permanent, or temporary, or are there some of each? I think I saw my alignment become more good after forgiving a grievance against me, is that a thing?

People put Outposts right next to my new cities, and if I don't get to them before they become cities I take alignment hits for razing those cities. Respect my pretty borders! Stay on your own islands!

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
I'd love it if the Beastkin transformation offered a bit more customization, instead of just locking in black fur over most of the body. Even if it was just some choices of fur shades it would look better.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Impermanent posted:

I can kind of see the lore of evil high cultures but what's a good aligned dark culture

Mall Goths. Not actually bad people, they just want to be edgy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

I kind of wish that you could split Cultures into the Governmental and Military choices.
I really like how Reaver units play, for example, but I don't like the aggressive Total War baggage that comes with them.

They are a Renaissance culture. It's Conquistador time where the gun-emus live.