Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

I want to sell them but I don't know,

- if I should bother with ebay, never used it before
- if a comic store pay me a fair price
- if a consignment store might sell them for me
- if I should sell piece by piece or as a big collection

whats a good resource for figuring out the value of these?

they're all in good condition but I'm no expert.

KONA 1966

Marvel Star Wars 1 1977
Marvel Star Wars 1 1977
Marvel Star Wars 2 1977

Spirit reprint 13 1985

Power of the atom 1-4 1988

Starman 1-2 1988

Animal Man 3-4 1988

Venom Lethal Protector 1 1992

Daredevil TMWF 1 1993

Tick Karma Tornado, 1-2,4-5 1993

SPIDERMAN 2099 1,1-27 1993

Batmann Knightfall 19(500) 1993

2099 unlimited 1-3 1993

2099 TFOTH 3-5 1993

BONE 2*, 7-26, 28, 38-39, 40-43 1993
BONE HOLIDAY 1*,1* 1993

SPAWN 10,21-22, 26, 30,33 1993

Paul the Samurai 9-10 1993

Angela 1-3 1994

Radioactive man 88, 412 1994

SIN CITY TBWR 1 1994

Primal Rage 1 1994

GROO 1, 3-4,7 1997

Buffy 1, 3-4, 9 1998

IFS, Filler bunny 1999

Tick HOTS 4 1999

Powers 1 2000

Marvel moment of silence 2001

Marvel identity disc 2004

Marvel Alpha Flight 6 2004

JLA 106 2004

Flash 213 2004

Rasl 7,7 2010

*= signed by creator

BBQ Dave fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
The first post in the questions thread says:

"Also, go ahead and feel free to ask "What is my collection of comics worth?" but there are really only two answers:
1) Only what someone is willing to pay for it.
2) Not much. Probably less than 50 cents each. "

I'm pretty much in the same boat, big box of probably worthless comics. So far what I have figured out is:

Check eBay for copies that actually sold to determine a rough price. Not sure how the seller experience is.

Hahahaha no, if they take any of them at all.

Might work but would probably take forever and greatly decrease your profits.

Once you've priced them out IF you're lucky you'll have one or two that MIGHT be worth the extra hassle to sell individually.

My plan is to price mine out, value them around 1/2-2/3rds of that, toss them up in SA-Mart with a minimum order of 30bux or so so I can cover decent shipping, and hope someone bites on at least some of them. I did a quick sampling of what I have and i'm guessing most of them are worth like maybe 50 cents each? Subtract time and effort and shipping costs and you might make a few dollars if you're lucky.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Seconding the "Don't go to a comic shop" advice. Any offer they give is going to be based on assuming you have no idea what your comics are worth.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Desert Bus posted:

The first post in the questions thread says:

"Also, go ahead and feel free to ask "What is my collection of comics worth?" but there are really only two answers:
1) Only what someone is willing to pay for it.
2) Not much. Probably less than 50 cents each. "

I'm pretty much in the same boat, big box of probably worthless comics. So far what I have figured out is:

Check eBay for copies that actually sold to determine a rough price. Not sure how the seller experience is.

Hahahaha no, if they take any of them at all.

Might work but would probably take forever and greatly decrease your profits.

Once you've priced them out IF you're lucky you'll have one or two that MIGHT be worth the extra hassle to sell individually.

My plan is to price mine out, value them around 1/2-2/3rds of that, toss them up in SA-Mart with a minimum order of 30bux or so so I can cover decent shipping, and hope someone bites on at least some of them. I did a quick sampling of what I have and i'm guessing most of them are worth like maybe 50 cents each? Subtract time and effort and shipping costs and you might make a few dollars if you're lucky.

Got it, sorry missed that in the thread rules.