Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

1. Panthers do the thing we've known they're doing for a month
2. Texans don't gently caress up!
3. Oh then the Texans gently caress up
4. Colts went as far from experienced QB as they could get
5/6/7. Sensible picks, YAWN
8. A loving running back in the top 10 in 2023
9. Eagles do the smart Eagles thing for a guy who hopefully only kills people on the field.
10. Yo there was a Polish guy right there
11. And there he goes
12. Oh come the gently caress on Lions
13. Dude already looks like he lives in Wisconsin
14. Last good tackle prospect
15. <holding hand in an L up to my forehead with my tongue out>
16. Apparently everyone knew they were taking this guy? Kinda weird
17. Awh yeah, freefalling superstar time
18. An off ball Linebacker? Lions you do know it's not 2003 right?
19. Will Levis is never getting drafted.
20-23. Here the hopes and dreams of the later teams get drafted on Wide Receiver Island.
24. Well the Giants needed a corner.
25. I mean he's like a receiver
26-31. DT, OT, Edge, DT, Edge, Edge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvJp2SRyBmw

Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis Will Levis

There, you can now safely not watch any cable NFL coverage tomorrow, you're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm upset.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't agree that the Texans hosed up at 3

We won't know until after the season. If the Cards get a pick higher than... let's say 14, then the Texans hosed up

But that'll mean they hosed up with the Stroud pick not the Anderson pick

e: wait what the gently caress? The Athletic says it was the Browns pick from next year not the Texans pick

e2: ok one story from TA says they traded the Browns pick and the other says they traded their own pick. I'm more likely to believe the Cards demanded the Texans pick not the Browns pick so I'll assume that

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 28, 2023

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If we got #3 for the Browns pick I am 100% ok with it

Anyway I will choose to be happy having two really good players to watch this season

Lol Falcons

And I knew something was up with all that goddamn Will Levis chatter he can't play QB

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I weep for what could have been but will never come to be.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm glad the Ravens drafted Zay Flowers. A Hopkins trade was going to be expensive and always seemed a little desperate to me.

They need CB help desperately, but that's a problem for another day. Maybe tomorrow, or maybe they'll sign Rock Ya-Sin at some point

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Would have preferred Addison to Baltimore for reasons I've described before. Small fast WR from the Miami metro to be friends with Lamar feels real familiar.

Ravens offense won't be boring that's for drat sure.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I just noticed that if the Ravens get Stetson Bennett with their last selection, he will be pick number 199. sorry, Lamar, but it was written

also

https://twitter.com/ZayFlowers/status/792801820775157760

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 28, 2023

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Falcons and Lions to all the draft nerds :flip:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Youngs gonna be great in Carolina and I don't care who we draft from here.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Youngs gonna be great in Carolina and I don't care who we draft from here.

Darnell Washington before the eagles get him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Darnell Washington before the eagles get him.

He'd do. If for nothing else just to have him stand next to bryce at the rookie intro presser.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cowboys beat reporter was saying for the past few days that he feels the Cowboys were grading TEs a little differently than most analysts and draft peeps. While it is entirely possible the Bills swooped in and took Kincaid right when the Cowboys thought he had fallen into their lap, I also think it possible both the Giants and Bills just jumped the gun and made sure they got the guys they wanted. The team will never outright say they got robbed, but the beat reporter had been consistent for a while, and as mentioned in the thread even the best TEs tend to be projects. I want to believe Dallas was not affected by the picks in front of em.

I'm honestly happy with the D-Line pick. Cowboys had been getting fuckin pummeled against the run and while one man doesn't change all that at least the line is getting help it's sorely needed on the interior.

Plenty of time left for Jerruh to have an episode and try to draft Manziel in 2023, I'm confident in that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Falcons did the cowboys a favor.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Christ did they ever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sory

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1651796169859936258

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nervous posted:

I weep for what could have been but will never come to be.

I, too, am upset that Anthony Richardson is a Colt and not a Seahawk

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Woke up feeling pretty good about the Lions draft tbh.

It’s nice to wake up the morning after the draft and read a bunch of analysts handing out flowers in A grade bows, but I think I prefer knowing that this FO just got their men. Really like the sound of the running back in particular.

Some of the guys that have been mocked to the Lions over the last 4 months are still on the board and Holmes has 3 picks on the immediate horizon. We might still come away with 1 or 2 of the guys the draft heads thought we’d go with at 18.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The loving second best running back and a mike linebacker, just shoot me in the rear end in a top hat with a machine gun

Could have had jalen carter but no, we have to earn a 4th or 5th round pick in trade chart value. What a loving waste. gently caress the lions

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

the dichotomy of man ^

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't imagine being excited about a first round running back in 2023. Even if it was the second coming of Barry sanders it'd still be a reach unless the team was absolutely loaded and in win now mode. Falcons are a waste, just like they wasted Kyle Pitts. Shameful.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Will Lolvis

Also Richardson is gonna suck so bad

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Titans drafted OL instead of Levis, I'm happy.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
e: disregard I dumb

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The rumor is that the Lions wanted Witherspoon and traded out when Seattle took him. Not that this information necessarily makes Witherspoon a *wise* pick for Seattle...

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
The Raiders did not do a stupid.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
A tackle or guard may not be super exciting but we needed it badly so I’m happy

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

shirts and skins posted:

The rumor is that the Lions wanted Witherspoon and traded out when Seattle took him. Not that this information necessarily makes Witherspoon a *wise* pick for Seattle...

I can see it. I imagine that Seahawks pick just moved the Lions board up one. If the RB and LB were the next men up after Witherspoon then so be it..

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

shirts and skins posted:

Last night in the NFCN thread I speculated that they got spooked by Witherspoon and Bijan Robinson going so high, so that tracks. I didn't catch that part of the draft live, did the trade happen right after the Seahawks pick at 5?

E: For the record I am not really miffed by their picks. Detroit's play last season showed that they can utilize 2+ RBs and LB depth, so I'll wait to see them play before I poo poo my pants or anything.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 28, 2023

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I really don't give a poo poo about the Lions drafting a RB and a LB.

If they work, they work.

The draft position is literally meaningless. Did you get a guy with your pick and it seems like they drafted dudes.

Look at any one-year after redraft and look how much of a jumbled mess it is.

Holmes is the truth.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
said it in the NFC east thread, but I am happy the Giants went corner. I wanted them to go defensive back or linebacker in the first round. I know a lot of mocks had them picking up a wide receiver, and it is a need, but the Giants are way behind on defense in the NFC East. Banks seems fine and fills a need, I really hope he is good! God drat I wish the Eagles weren't so good at drafting. Hopefully the Giants can find a diamond somehow at linebacker in Round 2.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Cardinals didn't poo poo themselves and got an OT out of it. I'm pleasantly surprised

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

C-Euro posted:

Last night in the NFCN thread I speculated that they got spooked by Witherspoon and Bijan Robinson going so high, so that tracks. I didn't catch that part of the draft live, did the trade happen right after the Seahawks pick at 5?

E: For the record I am not really miffed by their picks. Detroit's play last season showed that they can utilize 2+ RBs and LB depth, so I'll wait to see them play before I poo poo my pants or anything.

Yep right after the Seahawks pick

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Lions lost faith in D'Andre Swift last year and needed to replace him, so both RB and LB were positions of need for them. I'm very happy with these picks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The Saints picked the exact person I wanted them to pick. Now at 40, we could go DE or TE. I expect them to try to trade up soon though. They always do.

Also guard is a sneaky need. Would not be sexy, but we need to replace Peat by next year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Richardson is gonna rule and in a few years people will be wondering why he wasn't the first pick

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Is the guy the cowboys drafted any good

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Very much not a fan of the Jets pick, Will Mcdonald (edge LB). He's raw, slow, and not particularly strong. Decent rushing the passer but a complete liability in the run game. Massive reach at a position we didn't even need. Project player when the Jets just went all in on the next 2 years with the Rodgers deal. Completely baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Is the guy the cowboys drafted any good

Yeah. He's a training camp of development away from being a nose tackle with really good explosiveness off the snap. One of the picks last night that I liked more.