Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
just not gonna eat rear end cuz it's been sitting out since yesterday lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I do like cuban sandwich paninis and I always make an extra one to stick in the fridge b/c it rules having a cuban sandwich ready to go at any moment that you can just take a bite out of and be like "yum!" and leave the rest for later

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
This is terrible news about op

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Does a loaf of bread after you use two slices count as leftovers

what about making a batch of cookies and only eating 3 the first day

what about a pot of soup

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

How far does this go, like does the op buy a gallon of milk and use some then put it in the fridge, then the next day opens it and goes gross, leftovers and throw it out?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
hey OP have you ever considered that maybe your leftover food thinks you are disgusting and hosed up for not eating it/them? ponder how lovely, how low, and despised, your food must feel, knowing how you hate it so much, are revolted by its mere existence. you are depriving your food of achieving its destiny, the one god drat thing it was meant to do in this universe, because you are a hate-filled villain of the meanest sort, with no respect for anything

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Leftovers rule.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

covidstomper58 posted:

How far does this go, like does the op buy a gallon of milk and use some then put it in the fridge, then the next day opens it and goes gross, leftovers and throw it out?

Milk is disgusting and poison so yeah that poo poo doesn't touch the inside of my house.

It's just good leftovers. Even if I cooked the food. I just cannot bring myself to it.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
What about pre-prepared food? Like microwave burritos, or convenience store sandwiches, or box lunches? Do you just feel like you need to eat fresh food?

What if someone made a pot of soup, dished it into one-serving portions, then fridged or froze them? Could you eat that the next day?

How about, say, making turkey sandwiches out of last night's turkey dinner?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Leftovers are good OP

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

War crime giadingus has lost any respect I once had fott the m

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
op in shambles

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

What if you don't actually ever turn it into leftovers. I heard tell of this family that would cook a turkey then have dinner and just leave it out for the family to walk by and hack a hunk of turkey off of it, since it wouldn't fit in the fridge you see. Then after a couple days as the cats and dogs in the house snatched a bite or two off and it started to smell, they'd toss it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Saalkin posted:

War crime giadingus has lost any respect I once had fott the m

Ngl this is pretty unforgivable behavior

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mirage posted:

What about pre-prepared food? Like microwave burritos, or convenience store sandwiches, or box lunches? Do you just feel like you need to eat fresh food?

What if someone made a pot of soup, dished it into one-serving portions, then fridged or froze them? Could you eat that the next day?

How about, say, making turkey sandwiches out of last night's turkey dinner?

That's a bit different I mean FROZEN foods are fine. It's half eaten food that I can't get behind.

I have done everything I can to reduce my food wasted by literally ordering and cooking things I will eat 100%. It's not like I make a plate of 12 enchiladas and toss 10 of them...anymore

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

As a rad suburban dad I'm the trash can for my family's unwanted food. Three day old leftover dinner? Sure. Handful of chicken slices and veggies you couldn't finish? Yum! Baked potato skins? Gobble gobble gobble.

Bitch rear end op

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I would take this poo poo to my grave if I acted like this, op

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
probably 80% of lunches my father eats are leftovers. impressive honestly.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That's a bit different I mean FROZEN foods are fine. It's half eaten food that I can't get behind.

I have done everything I can to reduce my food wasted by literally ordering and cooking things I will eat 100%. It's not like I make a plate of 12 enchiladas and toss 10 of them...anymore

answer the soup question

mods?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Okay, so, what if you made 12 burritos and FROZE 10 of 'em in packages of 2? Get a Food Saver and never waste a casserole again.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Meal prep is the answer to almost every problem brought up itt.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I agree on certain sandwiches and bitten burritos but those shouldn’t be leftovers anyway. Also steak doesn’t reheat well so either eat it cold or give it to the dogs. Anything else is fair game and I’ll eat it all op.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mirage posted:

Okay, so, what if you made 12 burritos and FROZE 10 of 'em in packages of 2? Get a Food Saver and never waste a casserole again.

Can't do it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ok I won't do leftovers that got sealed in a seal-a-meal and thrown in the freezer for a week or two that poo poo is just inhumane.

Maybe if it's vegetarian food but definitely nothing with meat.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

this is the worst take, hands down

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

I eat leftovers everyday, but that's only because no one taught me that they are for disgusting poors, and/or forced me to eat spoiled thrown away food directly from the trash can as a child.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I had Thai leftovers today 8/10. There was a piece of broccoli which didn't survive the preservation process as well as could be expected. However it might have been just as woody yesterday.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*OP gets stuck in traffic after picking up a pizza*

*gets home and pizza is cold*

*throws it directly into trash and cries*

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chinatown posted:

*OP gets stuck in traffic after picking up a pizza*

*gets home and pizza is cold*

*throws it directly into trash and cries*

Chinatown you were in the Domino's Pizza was 3 hours late thread you know how I roll. The loving pizza was STONE COLD

STONE FUVKI G COKD¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
can i have your leftover chinese food op

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Meskhenet posted:

I dont do left overs either...

I will however still do left over pizza.

No you dont put it in the fridge (wtf?)
you leave it in the box in the oven (oven is not on for you idiots that leave ovens on for no reason)

You are disgusting.

I hope roaches find their way to your cold oven pizza and you end up crunching down on some.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Chinatown you were in the Domino's Pizza was 3 hours late thread you know how I roll. The loving pizza was STONE COLD

STONE FUVKI G COKD¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

put cold slices on a skillet on low heat and youll get a crispy hot pizza slice in 10 minutes OP

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

bougie af

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It's not like it's always been like this

Wait what did you mean by this part

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Maybe therapy could help with this
It's definitely a maladaptive behaviour that needs to be fixed

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What if someone were to make a big pot of pasta and then divided it up into portions specifically to be eaten at another time? Would that gross you out?

When you're eating something and look down to see that there's way more there than you can eat - can you eat it or does realising that part of what's on your plate is leftovers (potentially intermingling with non-leftovers) make the whole meal inedible?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

deep dish peat moss posted:

Ok I won't do leftovers that got sealed in a seal-a-meal and thrown in the freezer for a week or two that poo poo is just inhumane.

Maybe if it's vegetarian food but definitely nothing with meat.

This is almost exactly what they do at the factory when they're making frozen burritos. And way more "humane" than how they ship hamburger meat to Mickey D's.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Eating frozen burritos or McDonald's burgers is also inhumane

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
It’s weird they used to say there’s starving kids in Africa but now there’s starving kids, literally, in Bs america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

MuadDib Atreides posted:

It’s weird they used to say there’s starving kids in Africa but now there’s starving kids, literally, in Bs america

Shant speculate