Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

deep dish peat moss posted:

Eating frozen burritos or McDonald's burgers is also inhumane

dont talk poo poo about a nice hot aspicy chicken or mcdouble from the arches bro. sometimes you gotta cop some delicious garbage.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

blight rhino posted:

what you need is a good downward spiral of depression.

In my time, i used to just throw one of those 3lb of ground beef tubes in the oven with salt and pepper. bam dinner and lunch, and dinner and probably lunch again. or like 5lbs of mashed potatoes.

gently caress it, mix it all together.
Eat it cold. cause you're not bitch-made.

make 24 hard boiled eggs. meals for days.

in that state you are just eating to get calories in your body so you don't feel sick and die.

e- like, I want to be really mean to you. But, I'm sorry. I know everyone has their own personal thing.
I have a handful of picky eaters in my life and it drives me insane.

<steve brule for your health gif here>

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
a good spanking would fix this probably

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I suck I know but I waste little food!!!! I have some delicious shredded chicken in the fridge I cooked for 12 hours in adobo and I can't make myself re heat it even though it was be so good

zone
Dec 6, 2016
I eat leftovers all the time, and never waste food. Some things don't translate well into leftovers, but that's why you only make as much as you need of them at any given time.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I suck I know but I waste little food!!!! I have some delicious shredded chicken in the fridge I cooked for 12 hours in adobo and I can't make myself re heat it even though it was be so good

give it to me i'll eat it

i draw the line at clearly spoiled food and chitterlings and thats about it

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I made a big pot of cocido recently and ate that poo poo for three days straight. So freaking good. The flavor permeates everything in the soup by the second day making it better than fresh.

If it wasn’t getting so hot, I’d make me another pot of cocido to enjoy more as a leftover *salivates*

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Are you capable of turning it into a soup?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
this whole saga makes me hella sad fr

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is there an exact point where food becomes leftovers in your mind? Could you put a half eaten bowl of spaghetti into the fridge but then decide 5 minutes later that you're still hungry and finish it off?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is there an exact point where food becomes leftovers in your mind? Could you put a half eaten bowl of spaghetti into the fridge but then decide 5 minutes later that you're still hungry and finish it off?

With drinking or getting high yes.

Otherwise? Once it hits the fridge I form a mental block against touching it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Could you make a bowl, not eat any, put it in the fridge and then eat it 5 minutes later?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Could you make a bowl, not eat any, put it in the fridge and then eat it 5 minutes later?

Yeah I mean that's prolly fine it's still the day of cooked. But not the next day.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
You're becoming a tyrant again.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

OP, casting your mind back to your school days, were you always the last to be picked for sports teams?

(Puffs pipe while observing your body language on the couch)

Yes... the subjectively rancid taste of leftovers reminds you all too well that you were often the rancid leftover.

Now you know the root cause of your psychiatric condition, let the healing begin!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gas this dumbas thread plz

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
microwave this thread on a lower power if you can figure out how to use your microwave maybe that's your problem OP

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Then why the gently caress did you cook it

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

With drinking or getting high yes.

Otherwise? Once it hits the fridge I form a mental block against touching it.

What is a fridge but a cooled bio trash container???

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

FOR EVERY LEFTOVER YOU DON'T EAT I'M GONNA EAT 2 :cool:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Show me on the doll where the leftovers touched you

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you can't eat leftovers guess you'll just have to eat leftunders

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

verbal enema posted:

Then why the gently caress did you cook it

A salient question

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

If i couldn't eat leftovers your mom would be hell of unsatisfied op

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

How about leftover candy? Can you subsist on Skittles?

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Half a pizza in the fridge? Might eat a piece the next day for lunch. The rest gets consumed by my partner or zzytrash

It's not that I haven't tried, I've reheated the leftovers and as soon as I smell it I just start gagging. Gagging to the point where I literally feel like I'm going to vomit even just looking at it. Like I looked at leftover spaghetti a few days ago and I was losing my mind..

Sometimes when I look at the garbage I start gagging too. I'm not sure why this is but it's the same thing if I see food garbage it just makes me lose my stomach.

It's not like it's always been like this

Here is my guess based on the above: At one point you ate leftovers that made you really sick. Maybe it sat out way too long before going in the fridge, maybe something else was wrong with it. Then you brain started associating leftovers with "this might kill me, initiate disgust protocol".

If you ordered takeout and put it directly in the fridge without opening it, would it trigger the same response the next day?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I can't eat food more than 2 days old, so I empathize with you.

I suspect it's because I got a bad case of food poisoning as a kid.

If someone else brought you the leftovers without telling you it was leftovers you could get past this, more than likely; especially if you were drunk/high and had no fucks to give.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

erosion posted:

Here is my guess based on the above: At one point you ate leftovers that made you really sick. Maybe it sat out way too long before going in the fridge, maybe something else was wrong with it. Then you brain started associating leftovers with "this might kill me, initiate disgust protocol".

If you ordered takeout and put it directly in the fridge without opening it, would it trigger the same response the next day?

That is probably right. And I'm not sure because I never do I just order exCy how much I want to eat. No more no less

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Leftover Chinese rules just slop your fried rice and main into a skillet and re-heat it

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I often have a hard time with leftovers myself but it's mostly when it's being stored, especially in the fridge. It's the juxtaposition of something that's (usually) moist and smelly inside a cold and somewhat sterile environment.

Once it's reheated I'm usually ok, but when it's in the fridge I'm not usually motivated to get that far and eventually end up tossing it out.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Slightly rancid meat is nature's laxative

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Legit can't understand why "leftovers" is even a term.

It's just food. It's food in your fridge. What happens if you make soup??? Do you only ever make enough for one bowl instead of a big pot that will last for a few days???

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Legit can't understand why "leftovers" is even a term.

It's just food. It's food in your fridge. What happens if you make soup??? Do you only ever make enough for one bowl instead of a big pot that will last for a few days???

All food is leftovers once you stop cooking it
:asoiaf:

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Pouring a glass of orange juice and throwing away the nearly full carton because I don't do leftovers

ya dangus
Jul 2, 2006
Poor ol' WAR CRIME GIGOLO, thought of mustard reactions and died.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

covidstomper58 posted:

There are things which you absolutely can't eat as leftovers because the tinctures flatten. Generally these fall in to the categories of anything with lettuce, fried potatoes, and most sammiches especially but especially ones that have been toasted. Foods with a lot of nectars and juices like soups are just fine as leftovers. I hope this information helps.

I'm just the opposite, I love leftover tinctures but can't stand leftover nectar.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
anyone call op a tedious bitch yet

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

y'know it really isn't that hard to use microwaves to heat up stuff well, like just add moisture

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The Leftovers was a great show, you should watch that op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

erosion posted:

This would be my guess.

I once asked a lead of mine if he ever liked milk in his coffee/tea or whatever. Shook his head with disgust.

I'm like 'Let me guess, you drank spoiled milk once when you were a kid'. Yep, poured it on cereal and munched on some.

Ez pz close thread this asinine poo poo is solved