Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
What about pre-prepared food? Like microwave burritos, or convenience store sandwiches, or box lunches? Do you just feel like you need to eat fresh food?

What if someone made a pot of soup, dished it into one-serving portions, then fridged or froze them? Could you eat that the next day?

How about, say, making turkey sandwiches out of last night's turkey dinner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

That's a bit different I mean FROZEN foods are fine. It's half eaten food that I can't get behind.

I have done everything I can to reduce my food wasted by literally ordering and cooking things I will eat 100%. It's not like I make a plate of 12 enchiladas and toss 10 of them...anymore

Okay, so, what if you made 12 burritos and FROZE 10 of 'em in packages of 2? Get a Food Saver and never waste a casserole again.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

deep dish peat moss posted:

Ok I won't do leftovers that got sealed in a seal-a-meal and thrown in the freezer for a week or two that poo poo is just inhumane.

Maybe if it's vegetarian food but definitely nothing with meat.

This is almost exactly what they do at the factory when they're making frozen burritos. And way more "humane" than how they ship hamburger meat to Mickey D's.