Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I have an absolute disdain for leftovers to the point where I can't even look at them without gagging. It does make it annoying when I have perfectly good leftovers and I literally cannot think of even eating them. I'd rather let them rot or just throw them right away then actually eat them.?

Like I just gag thinking of a leftover burrito or leftover sandwich in the congealed nastiness. I keep seeing people on tiktok and poo poo reinventing their leftovers into new meals and it utterly discussed the gently caress out of me. Especially when you have like a burrito or something like that that has a clear bite marks in it that's where it really gets me gagging.

I just don't ask for a box of restaurants anymore and it makes me feel bad that I'm throwing the food away but I know for a fact I just won't loving eat it.

My wife brought home leftover Chinese food a few nights ago and I looked at it for 3 seconds and couldn't loving do it.

Does anyone else suffer from the same psychological phenomenon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mr.Acula posted:

Try being hungry

I'm always hungry!!!! But I can't do it man like I feel like an utter piece of poo poo when I throw food away but holy poo poo my gag reflex causes such a recoil.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I've reduced my food wasted by just cooking two portions at any time. Lasagna i just make a small one.
But ughhhh how do you do it how do you eat the sandwich with the mayo all congealed and the acid from the mustard reacting to it over night. Hjjjjj

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Half a pizza in the fridge? Might eat a piece the next day for lunch. The rest gets consumed by my partner or zzytrash

It's not that I haven't tried, I've reheated the leftovers and as soon as I smell it I just start gagging. Gagging to the point where I literally feel like I'm going to vomit even just looking at it. Like I looked at leftover spaghetti a few days ago and I was losing my mind..

Sometimes when I look at the garbage I start gagging too. I'm not sure why this is but it's the same thing if I see food garbage it just makes me lose my stomach.

It's not like it's always been like this

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Roumba posted:

Is just the concept of eating stuff that's been in the fridge overnight that revolts you or is it their texture/taste? I almost get the same way about frozen leftovers, but eventually I found a way to reheat them a lot of them so they don't suck or stink.

Otherwise, get a toaster oven or airfryer or something, daymn. Most leftovers look, taste and smell far, FAR better when reheated in an oven than in a microwave.

Yes it's just that. I have an air fryer I have a toaster it's not like I have a lack of waste to cook it it's just the texture causes me to recoil.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

covidstomper58 posted:

How far does this go, like does the op buy a gallon of milk and use some then put it in the fridge, then the next day opens it and goes gross, leftovers and throw it out?

Milk is disgusting and poison so yeah that poo poo doesn't touch the inside of my house.

It's just good leftovers. Even if I cooked the food. I just cannot bring myself to it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mirage posted:

What about pre-prepared food? Like microwave burritos, or convenience store sandwiches, or box lunches? Do you just feel like you need to eat fresh food?

What if someone made a pot of soup, dished it into one-serving portions, then fridged or froze them? Could you eat that the next day?

How about, say, making turkey sandwiches out of last night's turkey dinner?

That's a bit different I mean FROZEN foods are fine. It's half eaten food that I can't get behind.

I have done everything I can to reduce my food wasted by literally ordering and cooking things I will eat 100%. It's not like I make a plate of 12 enchiladas and toss 10 of them...anymore

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Mirage posted:

Okay, so, what if you made 12 burritos and FROZE 10 of 'em in packages of 2? Get a Food Saver and never waste a casserole again.

Can't do it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chinatown posted:

*OP gets stuck in traffic after picking up a pizza*

*gets home and pizza is cold*

*throws it directly into trash and cries*

Chinatown you were in the Domino's Pizza was 3 hours late thread you know how I roll. The loving pizza was STONE COLD

STONE FUVKI G COKD¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

MuadDib Atreides posted:

It’s weird they used to say there’s starving kids in Africa but now there’s starving kids, literally, in Bs america

Shant speculate

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I suck I know but I waste little food!!!! I have some delicious shredded chicken in the fridge I cooked for 12 hours in adobo and I can't make myself re heat it even though it was be so good

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is there an exact point where food becomes leftovers in your mind? Could you put a half eaten bowl of spaghetti into the fridge but then decide 5 minutes later that you're still hungry and finish it off?

With drinking or getting high yes.

Otherwise? Once it hits the fridge I form a mental block against touching it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Could you make a bowl, not eat any, put it in the fridge and then eat it 5 minutes later?

Yeah I mean that's prolly fine it's still the day of cooked. But not the next day.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

erosion posted:

Here is my guess based on the above: At one point you ate leftovers that made you really sick. Maybe it sat out way too long before going in the fridge, maybe something else was wrong with it. Then you brain started associating leftovers with "this might kill me, initiate disgust protocol".

If you ordered takeout and put it directly in the fridge without opening it, would it trigger the same response the next day?

That is probably right. And I'm not sure because I never do I just order exCy how much I want to eat. No more no less

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Smugworth posted:

Ops fridge is stacked bottom to top with pepperoni pizza lunchables and Capri Suns, prove me wrong

Lol nope I run salmon chicken ground beef lots of Asian and Mexican foods, and half full of fresh veggies. It's just cooked items that gag me out.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

After reading this thread I've been able to ingest Chinese food on its 2nd day, eat some leftover pizza lubch on day 2, and I repurposed some taco meat in a tortilla and made a burrito.

Thanks SA I needed unbiased chastising to help me break this.

Called it Scared Straight Leftover Edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Das Boo posted:

There's a lotta food that's better the second night... stews/soups/casseroles/anything where the flavors can blend and focus.

I can't eat other people's leftovers, mostly. Like, I'll finish your fries but I'm not gonna eat the other half of your burger.

Yeah j ain't doing that. So this point I will eat some non consumed leftovers. So stuff that isnt bitten into.