Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to lose the presidential race?
Biden
Marianne Williamson
Robert Kennedy Jr
GOKU (But he'll win, cause he's goku. i've seen the show)
View Results

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Bright Bart posted:

Might help. But won't solve everything.

One of the most, if not the most off-putting candidates on the (R) side is a wildly wealthy former executive who rants about how America has lost its way since his time and that businesses shouldn't care about the environment/society/good corporate governance/externalities.

They're 37.

You are right. Hakeem Jeffries is Pelosi's hand picked corpartist to lead the party and you had Biden during the 2020 primaries saying that Buttigieg is the future of the party....The sad part of that is I think that Smokin Joe is right about that...these are the folks the big donors are going to buy their way into the party and onto committies.

While there is so much money in politics your vote...though fun and interesting to do....really isn't going to effect change on the national level. What we really need to do is start focusing as much as we can on local politics...We need to start running. The problem with running is that the democratic establishment will shut you down if you primary one of their ghouls.

One thing that I do really like that we have going on now is that the Republicans are really showing the younger voters that they really dont give two shits about them. Last family dinner over at my aunts house all of us forty and belows were literally having to explain to the boomer parents and grandparents that things are not like when they were our age. They have no understanding that they already have a huge leg up in the fact that poo poo was not so financialized when they were working.

My son is thirteen. He is really interested in politics. I am working my damned hardest to impress upon him that the fact that our MSM and a lot of our independent media has worked to create a sports team like view of parties. It is not so. Yes you should always vote for the dem out of harm reduction...but policies are important. I have shown him where to find the people running in his district as well as what policies and backgrounds they hold. I have also worked hard to explain that the judiciary is incredibly important.

My question to the thread is anyone have teenage kids? How do you approach questions about politics? What about questions about the way our government works and how undemocratic it is? (This one I have used Michigan having the opportunity to unfuck their districts here soon)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

ManBoyChef posted:

You are right. Hakeem Jeffries is Pelosi's hand picked corpartist to lead the party and you had Biden during the 2020 primaries saying that Buttigieg is the future of the party....The sad part of that is I think that Smokin Joe is right about that...these are the folks the big donors are going to buy their way into the party and onto committies.

While there is so much money in politics your vote...though fun and interesting to do....really isn't going to effect change on the national level. What we really need to do is start focusing as much as we can on local politics...We need to start running. The problem with running is that the democratic establishment will shut you down if you primary one of their ghouls.

One thing that I do really like that we have going on now is that the Republicans are really showing the younger voters that they really dont give two shits about them. Last family dinner over at my aunts house all of us forty and belows were literally having to explain to the boomer parents and grandparents that things are not like when they were our age. They have no understanding that they already have a huge leg up in the fact that poo poo was not so financialized when they were working.

My son is thirteen. He is really interested in politics. I am working my damned hardest to impress upon him that the fact that our MSM and a lot of our independent media has worked to create a sports team like view of parties. It is not so. Yes you should always vote for the dem out of harm reduction

Cute of you to slide this into paragraph 4 of your boring rear end post.

Really hope your son is smart enough to see through your mealy-mouthed liberal bullshit sooner rather than later.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Yaaawwwwn *Fart*

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dumbocraps

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Looks like it's time to angrily post on something awful because someone isn't progressive enough!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
:rice:

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

More of a hardcore sci fi guy, but she’s pretty cute I’d smash what about you guys?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Vote for me for GBS Comptroller

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

when i was a child in school we had elections for "student body president" where the candidates would promise things like ending homework or free candy bars at lunch, utter bullshit that they had absolutely no power to provide. no teachers ever discouraged this in any way. and when none of these promises ever materialized there were, of course, no consequences whatsoever for the liars or those who encouraged them. at any point in anyone's lives. it's still how our politics work as grownups

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 4, 2023

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Smugworth posted:

Vote for me for GBS Comptroller

my dogs will never eat an egg again at this rate

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Earwicker posted:

when i was a child in school we had elections for "student body president" where the candidates would promise things like ending homework or free candy bars at lunch, utter bullshit that they had absolutely no power to provide. no teachers ever discouraged this in any way. and when none of these promises ever materialized there were, of course, no consequences whatsoever for the liars or those who encouraged them. at any point in anyone's lives. it's still how our politics work as grownups

Wow, school that actually teaches useful life skills!

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

olives black posted:

you're too chicken poo poo to post this in c-spam where you risk starting an argument, seems like you've already made up your mind op

I prefer more of the sarcastic attacks than whatever happens in that forum.

What argument is there? Biden will likely be the candidate, Trump will likely be the candidate, I'm assuming. Yeah, I'll vote Biden. If someone actually steps up to try to Primary him, then I'd be all for the challenge.
If it comes down to the two geriatrics, then yeah, I'll vote Biden.

I was asking if any of the other potential Dem candidates are worth a poo poo, and as of now, no. They're not. RFK jr and Marianne Williamson. I learned some more about them from this thread.

and no u are chicken poop. and you seem angry. Trump v Biden, who do you vote for?

Do you have anything interesting, or intelligent to add to this conversation? Or ... funny, at least? Besides calling me chicken poo poo, and saying someone else is a mealy-mouthed liberal?

Wifi Toilet posted:

Sounds good. When are any candidates from this “left” going to run?

exactly. and the other two sounded okay, but I learned from all the input in this thread. which is why I started it.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 5, 2023

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

blight rhino posted:

Do you have anything interesting, or intelligent to add to this conversation? Or ... funny, at least? Besides calling me chicken poo poo, and saying someone else is a mealy-mouthed liberal?

There is nothing interesting, intelligent or funny about this thread or your posts in it. They are worthless on every conceivable level. If you posted them in any other subforum (even the lake of piss that is D&D) you would be laughed out of it. You knew this, so you posted it in GBS instead.

If your thread were about new Doritos flavors, taking large unpleasant shits, or some other similarly anodyne topic, then none of this would be a problem. It is, however, a thread where the unspoken assumption is that the Democratic Party is not a fascist-collaborating party owned and funded by billionaires that must be destroyed. It disgusts me. It should disgust anyone who is not a chicken poo poo mealy-mouthed liberal.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

CSPAM is thataway, guy

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
this is starting to feel like an uncomfortable family reunion.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

olives black posted:

There is nothing interesting, intelligent or funny about this thread or your posts in it. They are worthless on every conceivable level. If you posted them in any other subforum (even the lake of piss that is D&D) you would be laughed out of it. You knew this, so you posted it in GBS instead.

If your thread were about new Doritos flavors, taking large unpleasant shits, or some other similarly anodyne topic, then none of this would be a problem. It is, however, a thread where the unspoken assumption is that the Democratic Party is not a fascist-collaborating party owned and funded by billionaires that must be destroyed. It disgusts me. It should disgust anyone who is not a chicken poo poo mealy-mouthed liberal.

so biden or trump, friend

and thank you for your opinions. i dont care for the other forums.

if you'd rather not answer "biden or trump?", what is your favorite dorito flavor? i'd say original, but now i'm concerned that may make me a fascist. please tell me the correct answer.

and how is asking about the other democrats a subject that is "likely to provoke dissent or offense; inoffensive, often deliberately so."? if you're a trump-loving dude, that's you, man, then obviously this thread isn't for you. both parties are funded by billionaires, but i'm pretty sure which way actual fascists go.

why are you even here?

Mods, feel free to move this to CSPAM so I can obviously see the light of the somethingawful intellectuals, like this gentleman.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 5, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Joe Biden tryna run me up 70.00 for survivor

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

🅱️'s America :sad:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What's bs is. If I want it for less than 70.00 j gotta fork over 14.99 for EA play Pro. Like wtf why would I want that

Re arrange E and A and you get hunter bdiens laptop password

MAKES YOH THINK

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Joe Biden has a 10% share in EA. It’s all connected baby, just follow the money trail.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nobody voted for me for GBS comptroller what the heck :whitewater:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

olives black posted:

mealy-mouthed liberal bullshit

This would be a good username imo. Also something about the phrase "mealy-mouthed" as an insult is just adorable :3:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It’s worth $70 :clint:

But lol at Sony defaulting to the $1400 premium edition first.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

what if we voted to put trunp and biden in the teleport machine from the fly and then bump can be president. bump 2024.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It's the only way to bring this country together besides another 9/11

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

If I catch any of you fuckers talking about politics in this thread there's going to be hell to pay.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
bam margera 2024 make america gnarly again

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

flubber nuts posted:

what if we voted to put trunp and biden in the teleport machine from the fly and then bump can be president. bump 2024.

I'm all for Bump 2024.

I tried a couple different AI photo generators with Biden Trump hybrid. and they all suck.

someone do better,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

No matter who wins, we all lose :smuggo: