Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
im thinking either the office or lost won the popular vote for sure - but stuff like Fringe and the canadian show 'Kenny vs Spenny' won over my heart

other dank shows imho were malcolm in the middle, arrested development (only the first three seasons!), parks and rec, the IT crowd, oh god there are so many good comedy shows from this era i want to go back ahhhhh

anyway, if you want a quick laugh, check Kenny vs Spenny out

it's kind of jarring to re-watch because of how frequently the r-word is used, but eh simpler times back then right???

here's the best episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKea6zC5D74

what do you miss about 00s TV GBS????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The West Wing did incalculable damage to American politics, just like the actual decade itself

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I remember in like 2003 there was a documentary about hockey where one of the players after being interviewed was like "thats what this game is all about. The music" and then five for fighting started playing.

I hated it then and i hated it now and if i had any access to a memory machine i could make you hate it as well

zone
Dec 6, 2016
I liked Fringe, but most of the kinds of shows I watch are documentaries or food shows.
e: one of my favorites was and still is Will Studd's show on cheese, Cheese Slices.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

I remember in like 2003 there was a documentary about hockey where one of the players after being interviewed was like "thats what this game is all about. The music" and then five for fighting started playing.

I hated it then and i hated it now and if i had any access to a memory machine i could make you hate it as well

im glad you dont because i LOVED whatever that show you mentioned was, b-tch!!!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Janet Jackson nipplegate

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

AEMINAL posted:

im glad you dont because i LOVED whatever that show you mentioned was, b-tch!!!

You motherfucker.

I'll get you for this.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
9/11 :lmao:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
HBO was knocking pretty much everything out the park in the 00s. otoh I can't think of a single show they did back then that isn't to this day some of the best tv ever made.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

hahaha

drat

i should just lock the thread now shouldn't i

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

zone posted:

I liked Fringe, but most of the kinds of shows I watch are documentaries or food shows.
e: one of my favorites was and still is Will Studd's show on cheese, Cheese Slices.

Every time I watch Cheese Slices I want to move to the country and work in a dairy making cheese.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

HBO was knocking pretty much everything out the park in the 00s. otoh I can't think of a single show they did back then that isn't to this day some of the best tv ever made.

sopranos, deadwood, the wire, 6fu, carnivale, rome. good god

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oz, Band of Brother's, Curb your Enthusiasm,

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It’s The Wire you idiots wtf why you all typing anything else

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I think the best kvs episode is who can pretend to be the other guy the longest by a pretty large margin

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Adult Swim was good in the early 2000s. Aqua Teen Hunger Force premiered two days before 9/11. The Brak Show, Home Movies, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Sealab, Harvey Birdman, Venture Bros, Boondocks were all pretty great. Frisky Dingo was proto-Archer and was good. Tim & Eric was good. They aired Cowboy Bebop and Rocky and Bullwinkle and Mission Hill in the early 2000s too. And some of the Good Animes like Big O and Neon Genesis Evangelion and Samurai Champloo.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Milo and POTUS posted:

sopranos, deadwood, the wire, 6fu, carnivale, rome. good god

Sopranos and Deadwood in particular are shows I know I'll rewatch every few years until I die, so should savour the three or so I have left

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Kenny Vs Spenny is definitely in my top ten favorite tv shows of all time. Never fails to crack me up. Surprised more goons aren’t into it. Didn’t get a huge release is the USA, but every episode is free on YouTube.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Oz, Band of Brother's, Curb your Enthusiasm,

How did Adebisi keep that hat on?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

That 70s Show, indisputably.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Wonder Showzen

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

haljordan posted:

How did Adebisi keep that hat on?

Stubble and fabric formed a natural velcro

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Stubble and fabric formed a natural velcro

Also that show had some wild plotlines. Remember the aging pill they tested on everyone and Cyril's hair turned all white? Iol

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I dunno about peak but 24 might be the most early 00's show. That or Survivor.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

free hubcaps posted:

Wonder Showzen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwvrGHsjD7g

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

haljordan posted:

Also that show had some wild plotlines. Remember the aging pill they tested on everyone and Cyril's hair turned all white? Iol

There's a lot of, "You gotta be shittin' me!", moments in OZ. Literally.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

The one they did at ground zero is the best

"You just knocked down the Twin Towers in my funny bone"

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

The Wire is definitely the best show. I haven't gotten around to start watching it though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Frisky dingo

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Jose posted:

Frisky dingo

"You can't fax glitter!"

"Well not with that attitude!"

Also this clip holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gix_zAS83Gc

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

sopranos close thread

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

MTV's FEAR.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Adult Swim was good in the early 2000s. Aqua Teen Hunger Force premiered two days before 9/11. The Brak Show, Home Movies, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Sealab, Harvey Birdman, Venture Bros, Boondocks were all pretty great. Frisky Dingo was proto-Archer and was good. Tim & Eric was good. They aired Cowboy Bebop and Rocky and Bullwinkle and Mission Hill in the early 2000s too. And some of the Good Animes like Big O and Neon Genesis Evangelion and Samurai Champloo.

Man early Adult Swim was the halcyon days of my youth i miss those simpler times.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Edit: Double post

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sentinel posted:

MTV's FEAR.

Man early Adult Swim was the halcyon days of my youth i miss those simpler times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6MQUaXFfLY

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

:lost: may have been the very first TV show I remember that had online watching parties across the Internet where every other post was :tviv:

Also spawned a buttload of gifs like Jack dweebishly spiking the football with The Others because everyone wanted to know why the gently caress he was playing football with The Others.

You Are A Werewolf fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 29, 2023

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Heroes tried capturing the lightning in the bottle that :lost: had and had a promising first season with a lot of online speculation and theories.

Then the second season premiered with the woman who cried black tears and everyone was like, “wtf is this garbage rear end poo haha” and it only went downhill from there.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
Completely and utterly forgotten, Stella is still one of the funniest shows I've ever seen

It's so forgotten that I can't even find any clips of it on youtube, only this comedy snob (who thinks Airplane 2 is a classic??? what) babbling about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga1l1fDB0FQ

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Arfenhouse

naem
May 29, 2011

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Freaks and geeks bled into 2000 so it counts.

Great series for young teens.