Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
For me it was Lost.
For the rest of this stupid country it was 24.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

haljordan posted:

"You can't fax glitter!"

"Well not with that attitude!"

Also this clip holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gix_zAS83Gc

lmao at that and this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPQSMmznu_g

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Seriously, though, Heroes may have been the worst show I’ve ever seen after a critically acclaimed first season. It took a hard right straight into Shitsville at the start of the second season. I stopped halfway through the second season, and it went on for two more seasons after that lol. Then it had a reboot a decade later that absolutely no one gave a poo poo about and was cancelled :lmao:

Ali Larter’s character dies, but wait! She’s got an identical twin sister no one knew about! Then the twin sister dies, BUT WAIT!! She’s got an identical triplet third sister no one knew about!!! At least I think that’s how it went.

Absolute fuckin’ garbage show :hmbol:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

That was the last time we saw a Star Trek on TV proper. Enterprise.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Outpost22 posted:

For me it was Lost.
For the rest of this stupid country it was 24.

Nothing represents the country better than 24

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

My parents used to have a 32" Sony Trinitron TV with picture-in-picture that is, by a WIDE margin, still the heaviest goddamned thing I've ever had to lift in my life.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 29, 2023

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

You Are A Elf posted:

:lost: may have been the very first TV show I remember that had online watching parties across the Internet where every other post was :tviv:

Also spawned a buttload of gifs like Jack dweebishly spiking the football with The Others because everyone wanted to know why the gently caress he was playing football with The Others.

Yeah, I feel like Lost really re-energized and popularized the new wave of serialized high-budget TV show on networks

might just be my perspective though

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I didn't need to watch a lot of TV in the 00s since The Soup had all the highlights in one place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0D8HI1DM_M

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Degrassi TNG, Metalocalypse, and Assy McGee

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Freaks and geeks bled into 2000 so it counts.

Great series for young teens.

:hmmyes: Freaks & Geeks gave me a permanent thing for skinny, bespectacled guys, so there's that too

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

Degrassi TNG, Metalocalypse, and Assy McGee

:hmmyes: Freaks & Geeks gave me a permanent thing for skinny, bespectacled guys, so there's that too

I saw Metalocalypse "live" here in Albany and goddamn was it a loving awesome show. The drummer they had was next level elite.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

haljordan posted:

I saw Metalocalypse "live" here in Albany and goddamn was it a loving awesome show. The drummer they had was next level elite.

Dethklok is coming around here in September with Babymetal, and I can't wait :dance:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

30Rock ran into the 10s but it was the best example of one of those network sitcoms at the time and was one of the funniest shows ever

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

30Rock ran into the 10s but it was the best example of one of those network sitcoms at the time and was one of the funniest shows ever

"It's not a Lemon party without old Dick!" is in the Pantheon of great jokes. They really hit their stride when they moved away from focusing so much attention on the show-within-the-show, which is why "Studio 60" tanked.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

There's also a line where Octavia Spencer plays Harriet Tubman, and she demands that it gets changed to Harriet Tubgirl.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

There's also a line where Octavia Spencer plays Harriet Tubman, and she demands that it gets changed to Harriet Tubgirl.

Also the exchange where Jerry Seinfeld threatens to buy NBC (to turn it into the biggest Lane Bryant in Midtown!!) and Jack starts laughing and says "Yeah right, like you've got $4 million just laying around...." before he catches himself.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 29, 2023

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

haljordan posted:

"You can't fax glitter!"

"Well not with that attitude!"

Also this clip holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gix_zAS83Gc

lmao

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

"Who's to say?!"

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Caesar Saladin posted:

30 Rock had its ups and downs, but some jokes will stick with me for the rest of my life.

"Deer god, thank you for this venison. Onion god, thank you for these onions."

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Animorphs

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Iron chef

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Peak as in good, or peak as in representative?
Because the latter is unfortunately American Idol.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I didn't even have a tv in 00s but it's probably wherever that annoying mmm what you say song came from

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
It's Malcolm in the middle

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

R.L. Stine posted:

It's Malcolm in the middle

Wtf happened to Dewey after that show ended

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
Life was unfair

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The most 2000's show of all time was Secret Girlfriend

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Das Boo posted:

Peak as in good, or peak as in representative?
Because the latter is unfortunately American Idol.

:hmmyes:

Or Survivor

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Professor Wayne posted:

I didn't need to watch a lot of TV in the 00s since The Soup had all the highlights in one place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0D8HI1DM_M

God I miss the soup so much :sigh: pro Saturday morning watch. I sometimes wish they would bring it back in some capacity but I feel like it just wouldn't be the same

I think about this clip all the time

https://youtu.be/eNmgOIjZJXQ

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I went through a period where I was super depressed and just drank cheap beer and watched K v S all day

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

greg the bunny

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

Seriously, though, Heroes may have been the worst show I’ve ever seen after a critically acclaimed first season. It took a hard right straight into Shitsville at the start of the second season. I stopped halfway through the second season, and it went on for two more seasons after that lol. Then it had a reboot a decade later that absolutely no one gave a poo poo about and was cancelled :lmao:

Ali Larter’s character dies, but wait! She’s got an identical twin sister no one knew about! Then the twin sister dies, BUT WAIT!! She’s got an identical triplet third sister no one knew about!!! At least I think that’s how it went.

Absolute fuckin’ garbage show :hmbol:

I can't even remember which season it was from but I remember they had a fight scene behind a closed door and occasionally you'd see light shining out the bottom of the door.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

haljordan posted:

How did Adebisi keep that hat on?

by snitching

https://youtu.be/pL0xvftd7rk?t=45

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Back when "24" was used to justify actual govt decisions, that was peak 00s tv

Nutella
Jun 27, 2005

"And the meek shall inherit the earth"
Rescue Me and Dexter. Dennis Leary didn't have a lot of range but he really was perfect for the part, it was a great ensemble.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Nutella posted:

Rescue Me and Dexter. Dennis Leary didn't have a lot of range but he really was perfect for the part, it was a great ensemble.

"Gimme ten fingers of whiskey"

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012
First couple of seasons of nip/tuck are amazing dark comedy at times and also house was cool I guess

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I think Strangers With Candy ran into the 2000s. The Upright Citizens Brigade comedy central show did too

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I was super in to House for the longest time.

Also Glee. Can't talk about 00's TV without mentioning Glee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

I dunno about peak but 24 might be the most early 00's show. That or Survivor.

If Jack Bauer doesn't torture the villain how will we stop terrorists in real life?

-An actual argument from a supreme court judge