Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sundaymorning
Sep 1, 2019

Its pretty corny but for me its The Mentalist. Most of it was admittedly in the 2010s but it STARTED in the 2000s so it counts.
:lost: was brilliant though, and despite its latter seasons holds a special place in my heart. It would never happen but I would love to see a return to the island one day, and actually have it thought out well this time so it doesn't just fall apart under its own weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
south park

lol MAN BEAR PIG

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Caesar Saladin posted:

30Rock ran into the 10s but it was the best example of one of those network sitcoms at the time and was one of the funniest shows ever

i re-watch 30 rock every year on hangover's day with a bottle of prosecco and a big plate of doner and fries

no other show comes close to jokes per minute, maybe certain episodes of party down (latest season was loving hilarious, watch it)

edit: best joke in 30 rock?

my pick is when liz puts on a gruff voice as the the 'masseuse' she drunkenly ordered the previous night knocks on the door proclaiming 'MASSAGE?' in an even gruffer voice, and shouts"YERR TOO LAAATE, I AHLREDDY KIL'D ERR"

and he goes

"AWWhh"

AEMINAL fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 29, 2023

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
think i'm gonna have to rewatch all of frisky dingo again now i've brought it up its been a few years. probably the densest show in terms of constant jokes and then got cancelled before it could go stale

haljordan posted:

Wtf happened to Dewey after that show ended

probably has enough money to never need to work again and hollywood is full of pedos

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

AEMINAL posted:

im thinking either the office or lost won the popular vote for sure - but stuff like Fringe and the canadian show 'Kenny vs Spenny' won over my heart

other dank shows imho were malcolm in the middle, arrested development (only the first three seasons!), parks and rec, the IT crowd, oh god there are so many good comedy shows from this era i want to go back ahhhhh

anyway, if you want a quick laugh, check Kenny vs Spenny out

it's kind of jarring to re-watch because of how frequently the r-word is used, but eh simpler times back then right???

here's the best episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKea6zC5D74

what do you miss about 00s TV GBS????

I found these two bingo cards that breathe some new life into a Kenny Vs Spenny episode that you’ve seen a million times.

Try and get Bingo or just drink whenever something on the card happens.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Lmfao this is how alcohol poisoning happens

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

naem posted:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

90’s

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Anyway, for quality it’s The Wire and the Sopranos, but if we’re talking the zeitgeist of the time, in particular the American zeitgeist, it’s without a doubt 24.

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

You’re all old so for me it was cartoons on Nickelodeon and cartooon network.

https://youtu.be/d-KyPdpwh3A

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Scrubs was great if you pretend the last season never existed.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Scrubs was great if you pretend the last season never existed.

Scrubs is awesome, it was really funny when it was funny and actually quite sad in a lot of parts with some layered characters. Also it had a whole ton of hot girls in it.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I liked Clone High, that was a fun show.

I feel like every time Olive Garden comes up in conversation I think about the principal's lines about Olive Garden

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Caesar Saladin posted:

Scrubs is awesome, it was really funny when it was funny and actually quite sad in a lot of parts with some layered characters. Also it had a whole ton of hot girls in it.

Yeah especially the Brendan Fraser episodes.

I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING DAMMIT

HJE-Cobra posted:

I liked Clone High, that was a fun show.

I feel like every time Olive Garden comes up in conversation I think about the principal's lines about Olive Garden

"I'm a Kennedy!!! I'm not accustomed to tragedy!!!!!"

haljordan fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 30, 2023

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Caesar Saladin posted:

legit good show, the feeling you get from watching it kind of reminds me of Ted Lasso... but in a way more childishly stupid/funny way.

v. v. wholesome

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

emptyrave posted:

greg the bunny

The green ones make me horny paintball scene still cracks me up lol

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

AEMINAL posted:

i re-watch 30 rock every year on hangover's day with a bottle of prosecco and a big plate of doner and fries

no other show comes close to jokes per minute, maybe certain episodes of party down (latest season was loving hilarious, watch it)

edit: best joke in 30 rock?

my pick is when liz puts on a gruff voice as the the 'masseuse' she drunkenly ordered the previous night knocks on the door proclaiming 'MASSAGE?' in an even gruffer voice, and shouts"YERR TOO LAAATE, I AHLREDDY KIL'D ERR"

and he goes

"AWWhh"

Lmao

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

AEMINAL posted:

legit good show, the feeling you get from watching it kind of reminds me of Ted Lasso... but in a way more childishly stupid/funny way.

They're actually made by the same guy, Bill Lawrence. Scrubs is better than Ted Lasso though. He's got another show on Apple right now too called Shrinking which is okay.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I watched maybe 5 minutes of the first Ted Lasso episode and turned it off forever lol. People go APE poo poo for that show, though.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
everybody loves raymond.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

AEMINAL posted:

Lmfao this is how alcohol poisoning happens

p sure you could get there just with the "don't say that about my mother" space

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

AEMINAL posted:

'Kenny vs Spenny'

thread was over before it started, peak 00s tv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQdlFfSq1kw&t=938s

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Pac and Cheese posted:

thread was over before it started, peak 00s tv https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQdlFfSq1kw&t=938s

ngl i just watched this recently and laughed so hard my so told me to shut the gently caress up

the staircase farts are amazing

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

AEMINAL posted:

ngl i just watched this recently and laughed so hard my so told me to shut the gently caress up

the staircase farts are amazing

"He didn't even measure it!!!"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

Frisky dingo

the proto-Archer. It was amazing

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the proto-Archer. It was amazing

YOU'RE GOING DOWN FOR THIS, CODY

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

haljordan posted:

"He didn't even measure it!!!"

lmao

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

20 Blunts posted:

everybody loves raymond.

90s

E: and also bad

Urban Sorcerer
Oct 16, 2005
One of the defining traits of the decade was the desperate effort to make increasingly outrageous reality tv like Who's your daddy and eventually wound up giving OJ Simpson his own prank show that was one of the most confusing and bizarre things to ever be made for tv.

naem
May 29, 2011

it continued being 1997 until at least 2004, 2005 arguably

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Urban Sorcerer posted:

One of the defining traits of the decade was the desperate effort to make increasingly outrageous reality tv like Who's your daddy and eventually wound up giving OJ Simpson his own prank show that was one of the most confusing and bizarre things to ever be made for tv.

This is a great read on the absolute insanity of making that show from a guy who was hired to work on it (from an ad onCraigslist lmao)

quote:

The guy who let us use the mansion was a scumbag on many levels, but had also invited over all his equally scumbaggy buddies—large middle-aged guys with big bellies, all of whom were slamming down copious amounts of Red Bull and vodkas and getting increasingly drunk and aggressive.

"Yo, coach, I'm a tiger on the loose. There's no stopping the Juice," rapped OJ with the gangsta rapping finesse of a fourth-rate Shaquille O'Neal. The only time I become nervous on the set of Juiced was when OJ's girlfriend (a heavy job title in itself) started flirting with me. OJ kept looking over. I got nervous because I CLEARLY REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LAST GUY IN THE SAME SITUATION! By no means did I want to see OJ's jealous side!

Bad energy was afoot. The only thing missing from this volatile mix was loaded firearms and oily rags near open flames. I knew there was going to be trouble; I just didn't know when. Do the math: OJ Simpson + strippers + mansion + drunken big-bellied men. How the hell do you think a night like this will end?

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 30, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cash cab or true cab sex stories or cabman jr returns

Cabs

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

i wish cash crabs was a show now

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
Kenny was at a kids concert years ago in like Smiths Falls Ontario of all places, presumably with his kids and he gently put his palm on my daughter's head to move her as he went through the crowd. Cancel his rear end.

I've also met Tom Green and one of the producers of 24 lol. In big horror film I don't remember the name of there's a scene with a woman sitting on a log fence and it's the exact log I puked on when I was v. drunk. AMA about Canadian TV

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I remember the Tom Green skit where he showed up to a guy's house as a "Cheaper Pizza Company" or whatever and offered to undercut the actual place the guy had ordered from. Then the homeowner came out of his garage with a loving hammer and Tom put an end to the skit real quick lmao

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 30, 2023

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

haljordan posted:

I remember the Tom Green skit where he showed up to a guy's house as a "Cheaper Pizza Company" or whatever and offered to undercut the actual place the guy had ordered from. Then the homeowner came out of his garage with a loving hammer and Tom put an end to the skit real quick lmao

it was just called Undercutters

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Haverchuck posted:

it was just called Undercutters

Yeah that was it, good stuff

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

Tom Green is so cool that Eminem made fun of him, then Tom made a parody of his song, and Eminem just let it slide

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Tom Green is so cool that Eminem made fun of him, then Tom made a parody of his song, and Eminem just let it slide

I remember hearing someone who worked on his show talk about how they were always very nervous about any time the police got involved because Tom was still a Canadian citizen and if he got arrested or convicted of an offense, there was an extremely good chance he would get deported.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

I remember hearing someone who worked on his show talk about how they were always very nervous about any time the police got involved because Tom was still a Canadian citizen and if he got arrested or convicted of an offense, there was an extremely good chance he would get deported.

and that was back in the mid 90s. loving Canadians taking away our jobs