Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

CaptainBeefart posted:

Forgot about that one.

Can't remember if MXC was mentioned yet.

There was a show like takeshi's castle but it took place entirely inside a studio with an obstacle course. Looked like it was from the late 80's or early 90's. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

[edit] found it, it's called Unbeatable Banzuke. I likes it better than MXC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NgxmNIM4J4

Tarkus fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Internet Old One posted:

Mythbusters sucks because of that one loving walking in the rain episode. I’ve had way too many arguments with people that a leisurely stroll through the rain will not in fact make them smarter than people who sprinted to their destination.

I remember watching that and getting upset about it, enough to make a simulation of it. It's been many years so my memory of it is foggy but I determined that in a very light rain it may be better to walk normally but any kind of volume beyond a light spritz makes moving faster over a fixed span better. Also, at extremely high volumes of rain and moving very quickly at impossibly high speeds will get you slightly more wet because you basically scoop up all of the rain ahead of you but a human run will generally get you less wet than a walk.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't know why, but this reminded me of Pimp My Ride. Not only was it smack dab in the middle of the '00s, it also got macro-ified in the pre-meme era.

edit: I accidentally deleted my whole post somehow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnF2ROKtdMY