Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I am still nerd mad about how unbelievably terrible the BSG ending was like fifteen loving years later. It was so bad it retroactively ruined the rest of the series for me except maybe the first season

Let's just fly all of our spaceships into the sun for no reason and revert to stone age technology and become cavemen for no reason and split up into small groups and never see each other again FOR NO REASON

Also all the Deus Ex Machina stuff? Sorry yeah it really was God. No deeper layer to explaining all the bits of the prophecy or hidden plot twist or or meaning to the Cylons yet to be revealed. It was just God.

Except Fatsuit Lee Adama. Nothing could ruin Fatsuit Lee Adama.

A CRAB IRL fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

I mean the whole struggle about military vs civil power with Adama being straight up repressive ultra authoritarian fash was a repeated ongoing major plot theme fair enough but "the whole thing is fashy full stop" is a bit much

A CRAB IRL fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 2, 2023

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

The whole series was about morally grey decisions, and that specific episode was about them not doing it after Helo stops it (if I remember right) and after they'd already been victims of genocide themselves