Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Oz, Band of Brother's, Curb your Enthusiasm,

How did Adebisi keep that hat on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Stubble and fabric formed a natural velcro

Also that show had some wild plotlines. Remember the aging pill they tested on everyone and Cyril's hair turned all white? Iol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

The one they did at ground zero is the best

"You just knocked down the Twin Towers in my funny bone"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Jose posted:

Frisky dingo

"You can't fax glitter!"

"Well not with that attitude!"

Also this clip holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gix_zAS83Gc

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sentinel posted:

MTV's FEAR.

Man early Adult Swim was the halcyon days of my youth i miss those simpler times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6MQUaXFfLY

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

My parents used to have a 32" Sony Trinitron TV with picture-in-picture that is, by a WIDE margin, still the heaviest goddamned thing I've ever had to lift in my life.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 29, 2023

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

Degrassi TNG, Metalocalypse, and Assy McGee

:hmmyes: Freaks & Geeks gave me a permanent thing for skinny, bespectacled guys, so there's that too

I saw Metalocalypse "live" here in Albany and goddamn was it a loving awesome show. The drummer they had was next level elite.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

30Rock ran into the 10s but it was the best example of one of those network sitcoms at the time and was one of the funniest shows ever

"It's not a Lemon party without old Dick!" is in the Pantheon of great jokes. They really hit their stride when they moved away from focusing so much attention on the show-within-the-show, which is why "Studio 60" tanked.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

There's also a line where Octavia Spencer plays Harriet Tubman, and she demands that it gets changed to Harriet Tubgirl.

Also the exchange where Jerry Seinfeld threatens to buy NBC (to turn it into the biggest Lane Bryant in Midtown!!) and Jack starts laughing and says "Yeah right, like you've got $4 million just laying around...." before he catches himself.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 29, 2023

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

"Who's to say?!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

R.L. Stine posted:

It's Malcolm in the middle

Wtf happened to Dewey after that show ended

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Nutella posted:

Rescue Me and Dexter. Dennis Leary didn't have a lot of range but he really was perfect for the part, it was a great ensemble.

"Gimme ten fingers of whiskey"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

Scrubs is awesome, it was really funny when it was funny and actually quite sad in a lot of parts with some layered characters. Also it had a whole ton of hot girls in it.

Yeah especially the Brendan Fraser episodes.

I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING DAMMIT

HJE-Cobra posted:

I liked Clone High, that was a fun show.

I feel like every time Olive Garden comes up in conversation I think about the principal's lines about Olive Garden

"I'm a Kennedy!!! I'm not accustomed to tragedy!!!!!"

haljordan fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 30, 2023

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I watched maybe 5 minutes of the first Ted Lasso episode and turned it off forever lol. People go APE poo poo for that show, though.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

AEMINAL posted:

ngl i just watched this recently and laughed so hard my so told me to shut the gently caress up

the staircase farts are amazing

"He didn't even measure it!!!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the proto-Archer. It was amazing

YOU'RE GOING DOWN FOR THIS, CODY

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Urban Sorcerer posted:

One of the defining traits of the decade was the desperate effort to make increasingly outrageous reality tv like Who's your daddy and eventually wound up giving OJ Simpson his own prank show that was one of the most confusing and bizarre things to ever be made for tv.

This is a great read on the absolute insanity of making that show from a guy who was hired to work on it (from an ad onCraigslist lmao)

quote:

The guy who let us use the mansion was a scumbag on many levels, but had also invited over all his equally scumbaggy buddies—large middle-aged guys with big bellies, all of whom were slamming down copious amounts of Red Bull and vodkas and getting increasingly drunk and aggressive.

"Yo, coach, I'm a tiger on the loose. There's no stopping the Juice," rapped OJ with the gangsta rapping finesse of a fourth-rate Shaquille O'Neal. The only time I become nervous on the set of Juiced was when OJ's girlfriend (a heavy job title in itself) started flirting with me. OJ kept looking over. I got nervous because I CLEARLY REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LAST GUY IN THE SAME SITUATION! By no means did I want to see OJ's jealous side!

Bad energy was afoot. The only thing missing from this volatile mix was loaded firearms and oily rags near open flames. I knew there was going to be trouble; I just didn't know when. Do the math: OJ Simpson + strippers + mansion + drunken big-bellied men. How the hell do you think a night like this will end?

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 30, 2023

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I remember the Tom Green skit where he showed up to a guy's house as a "Cheaper Pizza Company" or whatever and offered to undercut the actual place the guy had ordered from. Then the homeowner came out of his garage with a loving hammer and Tom put an end to the skit real quick lmao

haljordan fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 30, 2023

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Haverchuck posted:

it was just called Undercutters

Yeah that was it, good stuff

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Tom Green is so cool that Eminem made fun of him, then Tom made a parody of his song, and Eminem just let it slide

I remember hearing someone who worked on his show talk about how they were always very nervous about any time the police got involved because Tom was still a Canadian citizen and if he got arrested or convicted of an offense, there was an extremely good chance he would get deported.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

cumpantry posted:

going with malcolm in the middle

Fuckin' Reese lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruzyAVKza04

“They thought Einstein was crazy...until he started kickin’ rear end.”

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Mindless posted:

Futurama
My Name is Earl
Malcolm as mentioned
Third Rock from the Sun but that's more late 90s

The best Futurama joke ever (from "War is the H-Word")

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

That show was like 10 seasons or whatever of the nerd from the Simpsons complaining about the magic xylophone in Itchy & Scratchy

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

One time I was in my car in a really bad rainstorm and I saw some guy walking get absolutely nailed by a huge splash of water from a passing bus. I laughed my rear end off but I felt bad at the same time.

God that was funny.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

This is still the greatest Japanese game show of all time

https://www.snotr.com/video/2045/New_Japanese_show_stacking_food_on_animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Jesus loving Christ ok you win lmao