Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'd probably say BSG. I've said it before, but BSG REALLY changed how media and pop culture viewed sci-fi stuff. It was probably overshadowed by Lost, but BSG had a lot going on during the post-9/11 era and at a time when there wasn't really a new Trek series on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
CBS when it went from 'boring old people TV' to 'cool old people TV'

CSI: More or less every major CSI series starts in the 00s and for about half a dozen of those 00 years three separate and successful CSI series ran at the same time.
NCIS: Similar to CSI in longevity and spin-offs.
Reality Contest shows: Amazing Race, Survivor, and Big Brother.
Sitcoms: It felt like CBS was the only network still capable of doing a successful classic multi-camera sitcom format as the decade wore on, and they still might be the only one with any of any popularity.
Talk Shows: The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson STILL has a pretty strong cult following to this day from folks who used to tune in back in the late 00s.

However, they seemed to never capture the success of other channels' Idol-type programming, mystery box shows, or SF/F/Horror shows that were abundant in the same decade, too. At least, none that I can recall to any great popularity.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
60 Minutes Two.

It was a time when you could sit two major political rivals across from one another and people complained that they were being too cordial to one another.