Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Woops, I forgot to play trough Breath of the Wild.
No new Zelda for me for a while then.

Anyway, it's the 1st of May and it's snowing outside. Very normal I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Relax Or DIE posted:

what's the best power up

Quad Damage

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I can not in good conscience vote for Steve Wiebe after hearing his Christian music

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Weird game titles are back?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Releasing on Epic first is good actually, because it gives the devs some extra months to polish the game for the real release.
:thunk:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The five websites still doing reviews are all really strange

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

One of the things that is so strange about Redfall is that you get a gorgeous and atmospheric scene with tons of well done RTX stuff one minute and then 30 secs later you are talking to a major character that looks like it's from a Xbox 360 game.
The whole game is just odd, it's so cheap and expensive looking at the same time and i don't really "get" the gameplay loop. Like what is supposed to be the draw here?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

whoever did those sprites probably got out of the game biz 25 years ago for a much better paying job with more humane hours.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Upgraded my PC a couple days ago and it runs great. It owns to put everything on Ultra or "epic" and get ridiculous frame rates after years of barely scraping by on medium settings.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Vermain posted:

let me tell you the depths of my sickness: i legitimately cannot play the SF6 demo because i cannot figure out how to rebind the attack keys to mouse buttons

not using the mouse to hit attack buttons just feels loving weird man!! i can't do it!!!!!!!!!

:mods:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I played pretty much every SNES game via emulation with a keyboard back in the days before you could just plug in an Xbox controller. I got pretty good at doing hadokens and dragon punches with the arrow keys.
These days however, I even play most fps games with a controller. They're usually designed around that anyway.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

If Lower Decks could turn down the Rick & Morty knob by like 50% , it would probably be the most watchable Star Trek post Voyager.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I watched Andor and it was great and then I'd figured I'd give that obi wan show a shot and then it literally started with a montage of prequel memes and scenes of baby Leia that looked like a b plot from the Hercules tv show from the 90s.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Star Trek Elite Force was a fairly decent FPS and there was at least one point and click adventure that was good I think

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Star Trek Resurgence is set to come out this year and looks actually good?

It appears to be a Telltale style adventure game with a 90s Star Trek vibe.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I've been looking at some Case of the Golden Idol screens and I think I want to play this game

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Jay Rust posted:

Are they Caucasian white or are they Asian white? Just asking

you tell me

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Pentiment takes place in an isolated village in central Europe in the 1500s and it has characters from all over Europe and at least two non-white characters and it does not seemed forced or pandering at all. So it can be done if you actually do some research I guess.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The Case of The Golden Idol is incredible.
I started playing it earlier today and then I kept playing it all day. Very good feelings in the old brain when you discover some minute detail that suddenly changes every preconception you have and everything suddenly falls into order, like some dude's mask could signify one thing but then you discover that, ah this painting indicates this other thing that makes the first hypothesis completely irrelevant and you just go from there.
Recommended for Poirot-heads and pont-and-click adventure game aficionados.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

oh boy, the first case in the Golden Idol DLC requires you to figure out the rules of a fictional card game to figure who won in and what order. :psyduck:
I tried to figure out mah-jong once for Yakuza related reasons and my brain just shut down, so this is probably beyond me.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Finished the Golden Idol DLC today and it was good. Figuring out who killed who in what order in the first case and puzzling out the meaning of the picture book in the third case was a lot of fun. Felt like there should have been a fourth case though, but I'm sure making these things isn't done in a day.
Hope there's more some day, and maybe I'll finally check out that Obra Din game people kept talking about.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Well, I certainly won't watch any more videos from *squints* Afterlifegaming!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I feel like 95% of user reviews are just technical issues, hilarious joke reviews or some political thing. The rest are mostly variants of "I like it. 5 stars"

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Nintendo created the Super Nintendo Entertainment System so they will always be my friend

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I almost resubbed to WoW when I saw it was on the list of games with Ray Tracing.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

top 10 mind blowing video game tech moments:

- That Playstation dinosaur on the demo disc
- Seeing a Nintendo game being played on your cousin's 486 via Nesticle
- the tech demo for half-life 2 where they showed of the physics

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I will not play Tears of the Kingdom until I've finished Breath of the Wild, which might take a while. So please refrain from discussing the newer game itt until then.
Thank you for understanding

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I regret to inform everyone that I found slamming the Diablo 4 beta to be quite enjoyable. Clicking the demons felt good, the environments were cool and gross in the right way and not in the Activision management way.
However, I will not give the bad people money since they are charging 70 dollars for a PC game?!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

My fashion prediction for the year is that this look is making a huge comeback:

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Every game dev learned an important lesson from wc3 customs: never give players and creators that much freedom again. Imagine all the additional revenue streams lost. It's enough to make Kotick cry

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Bonfire Respawn games

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I got to the Phazon Mines in Metroid Prime and I think they might break me.
Apparently i have to do this entire area, including minibosses and multiple power suit enemies as well as puzzle and platforming sections, without any save points?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Thanks to a earlier post complaining about it, I finally made it trough the Phazon Mines in Metroid Prime. I now have x ray vision, grappling hook and super bombs.
I feel like I'm nearing the end since most of my equipment slots are filled, but I only got 2 of the mcguffin relic things.
The game is good.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

VostokProgram posted:

In the long run RT will lead to games that both look better and are generally a bit easier to make. The transition period is of course going to suck

Metroid Prime ReRemaster on Switch 2 is gonna own with RT

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

They're calling the new Mortal Kombat game Mortal Kombat 1 to not confuse it with Mortal Kombat or Mortal Kombat (2011)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

they put a 90 min demo of the Dead Space remake on Steam and I played for about 90 minutes and liked it a lot.
I was very skeptical of Isaac talking, but it's not bad at all and I do appreciate them making him look like someone who could pose for stock photos of "engineer".
It's a lot of effort to make a game that is still pretty fun to play all over again, but it does look real good and it may lead to some more Dead Space??

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Wasn't Lords of the Fallen a really mediocre attempt at a souls-like for the previous generation of consoles?

yes, but it probably sold enough to have brand recognition

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I spent the evening gathering up the Chozo artifacts in Metroid Prime and it wasn't that fun to be honest. I had to use a guide for most of them and I don't really see how you're supposed to do it without one.

They should have added some sort of quick travel in the remaster I think, there was a lot of back and forth over the same few areas.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

fridge corn posted:

Wind waker remake?

It is the year of the Gamecube after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Well, I finally finished Metroid Prime.

Are the sequels worth playing? They seem to have headed in some weird directions based on a cursory glance at the Wikipedia articles on them.