Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Gordon Lightfoot has passed :(

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/gordon-lightfoot-dead-1.6828991

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

That Works posted:

Interesting

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1653145142856138761?s=20

When do we get AI to replace junior to middle management at the corporate and government levels? Might almost enjoy watching that unfold.

This guys a loving moron.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

That Works posted:

Is it the kind of thing you say to pump the stock numbers up then quietly table it later maybe?

I'm not a business guy, it all seems loving dumb to me.

C suites everywhere are hard up about AI because they think they can use it to replace workers, and what is actually going to happen is their half-assed AI solution is going to result in either a massive breach or an accident and there will be nobody to be held accountable.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

orange juche posted:

I loving hate disney, they're absolutely one of the worst corporations out there, but I will smile ear to ear when Deshartis gets loving clapped

Same. Disney is evil, but Desantis is evil on a whole 'nother level. Disney is at least the standard capitalism evil, Desantis is outright inhumanely evil.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Goofy: "And I'll do it again."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

The mandalorians got wrecked 3000 years ago and never recovered because they chumps

Didn't the empire basically nuke Mandelore into a giant spicy rock?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

Just a tremendous idiot. Gigantically stupid. Intent on reducing his own revenue to zero.

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/02/1173422311/elon-musk-npr-twitter-reassign

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1653561271122534401?t=CfRKLmhhNFcTkml0HmPF6A&s=19

And I still get idiots desperate to suck him off because of how brilliant he is :argh:

more like NO PENIS RADIO ROLLOLOLOLOLO

Nobody is going to trust him with their brand if this is how he acts. What a loving idiot.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

There's going to be some really weird racist poo poo once these text messages eventually come out.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1653578482822049793?t=mGTxO8biSDYumi8j_fnaZQ&s=19

"Its not how white men fight"

Get hosed you fascist.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

what on earth does this mean lol

Elon is being a whiney baby about NPR embarrassing him

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Cythereal posted:

Normal country. He goes completely off the deep end in the comments.

https://twitter.com/weather_katie/status/1653380484024369158

Big big man has to threaten a child with a gun. A child trying to find a god damned kitten.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/scoopjefferson/status/1654975125572268033

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1654993928574074881

Usually Satanic Death Cult members aren't as obvious about their beliefs. And this dude doesn't even worship the fun Satan mentioned in some Ghost songs.

"God has absolute control in our lives, yet we still need Police and Sheriffs. Huh."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

The bottom line is that fiat currencies can be used for anything and they're worth something because the governments say so and said governments are backed up by armies, with guns, and allies, and everyone is mostly in broad agreement. And governments can only do so much with their own currencies until inflation/deflation happens.

Crypto currencies can be used for ????? and they are worth ????? because ????? and said valuations are backed up by ????? and everyone is ????? and inflation/deflation is oh gently caress I triple mortgaged my house and my crypto is worth half what I paid help what do I do

The one big alternative to either that always comes up are goldbugs - that gold can be used for ?? and are worth ?? because OOH SHINY and said valuations are backed up by IT'S SO loving SHINY and everyone is oh gently caress this deflation is so loving brutal dear gently caress this was a mistake gently caress me

Cryptopushers and "well, it's just paper fiat" don't really track the above.

That and even crypto fans don't use or treat it like currency: They treat it like a security like a stock. They don't even understand the difference. They also don't understand the basics of stock trading, this is obvious when you heard the poo poo like 'hodl' and 'to the moon' without understand that the purpose of holding stock is to eventually sell it to make money when the value increases.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 8, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

bulletsponge13 posted:

At least he admitted he isn't President.

The whole show was stupid. He isn't even a declared candidate, and giving him a platform does nothing worthwhile. They should have cut his feed as soon as he refused to admit he lost.

CNN's new president likely supports Trump. Dude is straight up conservative.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

That Works posted:

I have zero evidence for this so don't ask for receipts here but I think this was largely calculated by CNN. Tucker just got knocked off Fox, CNN was taken over by pretty far right conservatives a while back and this is a big moment for them to try to wrest away some of the Fox eyeballs.

CNN's new president is pretty conservative, it wouldn't surprise me if this is to help force out people he doesn't want there and bring in more conservative support.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The Media types really are the worst morons alive.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Magneto's lesson from surviving the Holocaust was the Nazis just weren't killing the right people.

Magneto sucks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

So Israel?

The original Magneto / Professor X dichotomy was that of Malcom X and MLK. There was a lot of allusion to the civil rights movement and Magneto was more willing to go after Nazis if it meant protecting mutants, than just willful genocide of non mutants. There are whole story arcs of him loving off and founding a mutant utopia(Genosha) only by to get attacked by anti mutant Nazi murder bots(Sentinels).

Yes the original one, true. But the modern interpretation is just a huge hypocrite.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Discussion Quorum posted:

What level of 2012-rear end analysis is this?

We talked about this ad infinitum until it became obvious that as long as Republicans can maintain their grip on exurbs and empty farmland, they can lose cities all day everyday with no real effect.

Not to mention the GOP has shown if they control the state they can and will remove power from city leaders and gut anywhere Dems take control.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MA-Horus posted:

What a time to lose Gordon Lightfoot, when we need him most

"At 7am we scraped the bottom end and got in a shouting match with a local."

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 17, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Laughably stupid leadership.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SIPR stands for 'Save In Personal Reading' right?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Alan Smithee posted:

oh my god

like they said about bush, this man should be nowhere near govt but he should be some kinda mascot

Congressional Court Jester

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Yeah IMF sucks in their own way, but are generally fair and follow the rules, at worst you won't qualify for IMF loans in the future if you tell them to gently caress off

China is straight up following Mob loan shark rules.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What leverage does China have other than not lending again? They have been way less invasive of other countries in the last few decades than the US and other western lenders. Like the US openly did a regime change in Panama for economic reasons, is there a recent equivalent from China?

We're talking about the IMF, not the US. Nobody in Internet VFW is defending the US's colonist habits here.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

A.o.D. posted:

Now's as good of a time as any to remind everyone that the response of the generation who fought in, and protested against, Vietnam were the same ones who decided to do Vietnam x2 but EVEN HARDER AND LONGER.

And don't forget post Vietnam War, China decided it needed to invade Vietnam as well. They have their own Imperial ambitions and have been lording those powers over most of their SouthEast Asian partners/neighbors for ages, including cutting off water supplies.
Hell, there's a reason that Vietnam has reestablished diplomatic relations with the US, including allowing the US Navy to conduct port visits. China is threatening their fishing and water rights.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/biden-blames-maga-debt-ceiling-explainer-1234739178/

quote:

“I’m not going to agree to a deal that protects wealthy tax cheats and crypto traders while putting food assistance at risk for nearly one million Americans," Biden said.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 21, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Ah yes, the dead mall aesthetic, but undeground.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Kazinsal posted:

It's been a few years since I've been down there. I wonder if McCarran still has those glass smoking rooms that are absolutely opaque with a quarter inch thick layer of orange-brown tar.

Oh god I'm having flashbacks to fixing smoker's PCs. Vomit inducing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

TheWeedNumber posted:

I mean isn’t DEFCON there?

That's 1 reason. And Black Hat ain't the 2nd reason to go.

But honestly, with Global Warming DEFCON will likely eventually need to relocate.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

stealie72 posted:

Been a while since I've played, but if I remember correctly "engage in lively debate" was not one of the options.

I mean, I think "One Man Nazi Wrecking Crew" counts as "Lively Debate"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Paxton was useful when Trump was around to reign in the feds, but now that a a Dem is sitting he's a liability.