Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Mustang posted:

Sounds great, Twitter is already a chud community, this will just drive it home even more.

Eagerly looking forward to not ever having to see a Twitter embed again. Seriously I do not get why people ever liked using Twitter, the embeds have always been broken pieces of poo poo and a loving awful method at communicating. "Clicking through" to read a "thread"? Really? What a dumb idea.

Eh, I've always liked linking tweets for articles since it's a handy way to have a brief summary, a picture, and an article link all posted together by copy and pasting one url.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Mustang posted:

How does the minority leader get to dictate who's on the committees?

IIRC the vote is up to the members of the Judiciary Committee, with Feinstein gone the vote would be tied, and the VP can't break ties for committee votes. It's spectacularly lovely behavior on behalf of the Republican members of the committee, but frankly what do you expect.

E: or what facialimpediment said, either way it's a lovely situation with no good options that don't involve time travel.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 19, 2023

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I used to visit Vegas semi-frequently back when I worked at Grand Canyon (mostly because it and Phoenix were the two closest major airports), and it is... okay. I don't gamble much or drink at all so there wasn't much for me on that front, but there are some neat things around like Omega Mart. I will say though that once you get out of the city, there are a lot of cool parks - Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire are short drives and really neat, and of course Death Valley is incredible. Just don't visit if it's even close to the summertime :v:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Death Valley is rad as hell, and winter is the best time to go since it's not as hot. I went in February and it was great.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I found this scene baffling the first time I saw it because I already knew just how delicious Indian food is. Like why weren't they just stuffing themselves with naan?

Pretty sure the point of the scene is to indicate there is something deeply, deeply off and wrong about this place, but this intention is made less clear because it can also be read by the lay audience as white filmmakers going "boy foreigners sure do eat weird stuff huh!"

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Temple of Doom definitely hasn't aged well and there's definitely some :stare: elements, but I don't think it's horrible and there's definitely some good moments. Worth a watch with a critical eye imo, though Raiders and Last Crusade are both much better films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Kevin McCarthy: master negotiator

https://twitter.com/jdcmedlock/status/1663692394154557440?s=20