Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
We all remember Tim Eyman stealing a chair from OfficeMax, no one is voting for a R governor in this state, at least not for a while.

I could see a Sinema-esque progressive-in-name-only figure getting in under the D ticket, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Itchy_Grundle posted:

That and look out a window or peep hole before opening the door if you're that concerned. Jesus this guy has some serious judgement issues.

Also, who refers to a gun as "my 6"?

wins32767 posted:

Maybe he's not referring to a pistol.

He was most likely referring to a "six-shooter" revolver-style pistol.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah that phrasing is really dumb. Donnie yammered his mouth off about the (civil) rape trial, saying he had to leave Ireland early to go back and testify. He was likely expecting a warm welcome in Ireland, but had to hire his own bagpipers for the tarmac arrival and police outnumbered supporters.

I thought the bagpipers thing was in Scotland

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Gut-brain interactions are loving weird. The symptoms of my autism are notably lessened by an anti-inflammatory diet.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

a trump administration gift to the world

quote:

In 2016, as an increasing number of overdose deaths were attributable to fentanyl, the highly potent synthetic opioid, the US Drug Enforcement Administration issued misinformation about fentanyl exposure. It warned that “fentanyl can be absorbed through the skin or accidental inhalation of airborne powder can also occur …. Just touching fentanyl or accidentally inhaling the substance during enforcement activity or field testing the substance can result in absorption through the skin …. The onset of adverse health effects, such as disorientation, coughing, sedation, respiratory distress or cardiac arrest is very rapid and profound, usually occurring within minutes of exposure” (DEA, 2016). The statement was accompanied by a video, and both were disseminated to law enforcement officials across the nation through channels such as the United States Department of Justice (USDOJ, 2017) the National Police Foundation (NPF, 2016), and a similar warning was released by the Center For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC, 2019).

Given the perceived credibility of these sources, this misinformation propagated widely across mainstream and social media, as well as through policing informational networks (Attaway et al., 2021; Beletsky et al., 2020).

Source: https://healthandjusticejournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40352-021-00163-5

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Trump wasn’t president at any point in 2016 though? Obama was plenty terrible on drug policy too.

you're right, his winning the election messed up my memory of the entire year, it's all a little foggy

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Stultus Maximus posted:

He does. His single principle is "I am awesome" with a corollary principle of "and I need to ensure everyone knows it at all times."

This. It's classic narcissism.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I'm so sick of superheroes

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Cool Dad posted:

Sorry, LAPD volunteer officer? That's a thing we have now?

yep

ooh and they offer internships for "Crime & Intelligence Analysts". now hiring for summer of 2023!!!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Wrong Theory posted:

I think whoever can breed the smell out deserves a nobel prize. Tired of everywhere fun smelling like it. Now if someone would legalize it federally so us poor government workers could partake...

Only an issue for flower. Vaped, it disperses to odorlessness in seconds - even indoors.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You can vape flower as well. It was my original vaping. Still smells :(

Pure THC has no odor. In future world you will be able to order carts with whatever ratio of THC, CBD, CBG, CBN, and whatever other random cannabinoid is proven safe. It will have no smell at all, and will be drone delivered* with your Taco Bell ‘Murica Bag courtesy of the MIC subsidiary of your choice**

Here in WA we live in that future already, except for the delivery part.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

I'm not sure what you want me to link, the number of THC oil producers who offer standard 510 carts is countless, and you can generally find what you want among their products. There are also luxury cartridges with features like magnetic attachment (rather than screw-on) from Airo and Pax. You can place your order online, even, you just have to physically go to the store to pick it up.

They take debit cards these days.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

My man, I don’t thinkI was clear. I’m talking about being able to order carts that have your cannabinoids and terpenes of choice in the precise amount you want them. I’m talking like, mixed just for you. Not, ‘oh look Wal-Mart has 40 flavors of ice cream in the ice cream aisle let me pick one’, I’m talking about cold stone creamery, son.

That's a much, much more complex problem than you think. The proportions of cannabinoids in a given cart are totally dependent on the proportions in the weed that went into making it, and that yield can vary wildly from crop to crop and season to season even if you're buying from the same producer. A Durban Poison cart from Airo might have 69% THC one month and 84% THC the next. It's inconsistent as gently caress and totally dependent on external conditions like humidity, temperature, watering, illumination and other variables I probably don't know enough to guess at.

I mean I think it's possible but I also think you'd need economies of scale that won't be practical until federal legalization is a thing.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 24, 2023

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Cool Dad posted:

I think what they're suggesting is that there'll be someone with tanks of pure THC and CBD and cherry cola flavoring and they'll mix your cart to order

I'm not sure this is how the organic chemistry works but sounds cool OP

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Google cofounder Larry Page cannot be found:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12058017/The-Virgin-islands-locate-Google-founder-Larry-Page.html

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Zamujasa posted:

Paging Larry to the courthouse, please :dadjoke:

I can't believe it took me until this minute to realize that this literally a case of 404 Page Not Found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/AndrewKossack/status/1662900354478907392?t=d8_pzbArACZpAm3ljmOV9g&s=19

Indy 500 last 20 laps, crash caused tire to detach from tether and go flying. Thankfully missed grandstand and landed in parking lot

I wonder who has the liability for that insurance claim