Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Dr.D-O posted:

Can someone who is currently playing this game please tell me if you're having fun?

I was thinking of preordering with a voucher, but I hate preordering stuff based solely on hype.

Is the game actually fun?

The tutorial loving sucks because you don't have the glider and it's very linear.

After that it's like BotW again but there's new content and the abilities are different.

If you want to play more BotW but ran out of stuff to do in the first game then get this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Khanstant posted:

Yeah the hacked ryujin has run perfect for me all night. No crashes at all. Got them every hour or two before.

I just did the Wind Temple and oh man I loved that boss fight. Dungeon went smooth, the journey there was fun. I had to backtrack once in the dungeon because I blanked on what to do at the dungeon gimmick object, then figured it out my second one I got to.

Doing a BanjoKazooie gutball slam through a bosses torso 3 times in a fight wasn't on my list of expectations, that was a blast. Two cycling the whole boss fight seems possible if you were 100% speedrunning. Best of the worm bosses in Zelda franchise so far haha.

That's what you're meant to do? I used arrows from underneath. I used my last fire arrow to break the final one.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Khanstant posted:

Yeah the pads look pretty much like all the ice surfaces you're meant to break from exploring and on the way up to dungeon. Smash right through the bastard

I never realised they were ice from the top, i was trying to keep below him so thought he was only weak from below.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

worm girl posted:

Are there more than 7 types of enemy in this game (palette swaps and skeleton versions do not count) and is it still possible to just pause any time and eat infinite apples to refill your health, which you always have 99 of?

These are legit questions and will determine whether I buy it or not. It sounds like food is less ridiculous but I wanna know for sure. Botw didn't have enough variety in its content, specifically its enemies, which was a big bummer.

There are 8 new enemy types that you will see all the time.

Combat feels more deemphasised than BOTW. The abilities you get make it less fun (doing each dungeon unlocks a spirit follower so eventually you just have small army following you round doing free damage and stunning stuff) and your weapons break faster. You still heal by pausing and eating food.

Don't get this game for the combat, its focus is on exploring and doing sidequests and collecting stuff.

lunar detritus posted:

still curious about this, I'm not sure how that battery works. If I (or a construct) hit it with a shock arrow the fan briefly turns on, pauses and then turns on for a little longer but I have no idea why or what determines the length. I think the shrine wants me to ride the wind to get to the highest platform to kill a construct.

I don't know about that shrine specifically but every time i've enocuntered one of those it has been in an area with electric circuitry you have to use to power it up, or a battery to charge.

CJ fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 8, 2023

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Autisanal Cheese posted:

they got rid of the femboy Gerudo armor!?

The new Gerudo government had a populist swing in the time gap between the two games and spent all their time calling Link a groomer to distract from the water shortage in Gerudo valley.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
This is probably a storyline spoiler so i'm going to spoiler text it.

I was wandering around doing fortnite drops on stuff that looked interesting and noticed a storm cloud. It had about 1% visibility and i noticed you could make out other islands in the storm when the lightning flashed. Eventually i stumbled across the eye of the storm and there was a big door like the temple of time. After opening that i found a Zonai mask and it had one of those follow the green laser things. After putting the mask where it wanted to go an elevator took me down to the depths and now i'm doing the Spirit Temple which i didn't even know was a thing.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I'm moderately surprised you can Just Do That but I guess it's par for the course, there's been a couple instances of "getting the quest and immediately complete it because you went hog wild exploring previously" for both main and side quests that I've come across

there's a main plot song and dance you do to dispel the stormcloud and find the island so I'll be curious if they even have you do that or just skip it outright

I'm surprised you dispel it because it feels like a game mechanic to try and navigate it with low visibility. Although i was thinking that it would be impossible if you had sight issues. Once i realised it was a main quest thing i assumed you would get a beacon or something to guide you through the islands to make it a bit easier.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I feel a lot more broke in this game than BOTW. I've only bought two armour pieces and upgraded some stuff at the fairies. Am i meant to be vendoring all these mob drops? I feel like if i do i'm going to regret it when they show up on the item upgrade shopping list.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Do the weapon quests in towns after you do the dungeons do anything special? The zora wanted 3 diamonds for his so if it's just going to break in 3 hits he can get hosed.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

KingKapalone posted:

Do I do something with the zonite or whatever ore? The tutorial has a thing about it to get crystals but the only thing since is a guy that needs 100 crystals. Do I have to go back to tutorial island to get them?

How much of the depths have you explored? Try looking round under the great plateau.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
That geometry is cut and pasted a few times around the map. In one there's a spirit orb thing, don't know what they're called.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What were you even meant to do in this shrine? There's a switch behind that grate but i can't figure out how to get to it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Yerok posted:

Where do I get a fast horse? I've just been gliding everywhere and using towers and spawning gliders covered in rockets with the gmod duplicator because I hate my slow horse

You can get Zelda's horse from a quest from the stable in the snowy area in the north west. I think its stats are 4/3/2/2 or something.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Shyfted One posted:

I cannot figure out where to go to complete the Josha quest to progress things with Robbie. I followed the statues for ages and came across a foundry and the statue on the other side points back to the foundry so I'm assuming I made it to the end of the statues. Went below the Temple of Time and it was just another Poe statue.

Did you get the autobuild from next to the foundry and fight the boss? I'm pretty sure that's what it wants you to do based on the quest text but i had already done it when i talked to her.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Any hints to where those mushroom people are who tell you which caves the armour is hidden in? I found one in the northwest area that told me where 3 pieces were but haven't run into any others.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Khanstant posted:

They just wander on roads between towns and locales. There are also treasure maps that give the Xs in some areas

Do the treasure maps point to cave gear as well? All the ones i've found have pointed to depths chests.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Crawfish posted:

I miss the paraglider.

If you finished the tutorial already, go back and do the quest for Purrah. You really need that thing.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Argue posted:

Has anyone confirmed yet whether or not stables are more chill about housing non-horses

I haven't tried, but i also haven't seen anybody saying you can which.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What exactly does the water ability do?

I get the shield protecting you from one hit, but does the attack increase damage or what? It feel's pretty useless because you haveto chase the ghost down to get the shield in the first place so you can't use it reactively, then if you attack the shield dissipates anyway so it's hard to use preemptively. Am i missing some crazy combo? The others at least feel like they have good utility.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Yarrington posted:

This is absolutely right. It’s by far the most impactful stuff you can do. Also you want hearts not stamina, there’s lots of stuff you can take down reasonably easily but there’s a huge difference between getting one shot and two shot since you can just chug food assuming you can survive a hit. Also with all the tools you get I’ve basically never felt gated by stamina unlike in botw

This is the opposite of true. If you are at full health you can't be one shot so 3 hearts and some food to top you back up is perfectly viable. Get that stamina.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Books On Tape posted:

Can some kind soul post a generic "things to do first" list? Particularly in terms of useful abilities that will help with exploration. I hate getting something late the would have ended up being a great help earlier.

So far, all I've gathered is "Do Robbie's quests ASAP"

The quest in the starting town gets you the glider. After that go to the room below to get the quest line from Robbie, you need to do that questline to unlock all the old features of the sheikah slate. Also keep coming back to that town and checking around for new quests as you progress. There are several important things like the korok seed guy moves there after you find him, and questlines for other types of collectables you should unlock sooner rather than later.

The great fairy is by the stable northwest of that starting town, other than that i think all the useful stuff you should unlock early is on the path to Rito village so probably do that first.

Never use a weapon that isn't fused. They are designed to do no damage without fusing something that boosts damage to it, and they gain durability by doing so.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Crawfish posted:

Lol, my strongest weapon at the moment is a Bokoblin arm fused with a Bokoblin arm.

I'm sure that will last about 2 hits.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Boba Pearl posted:

Just found some crazy poo poo holy poo poo my god

What?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

A good poster posted:

When you beat a Flux Construct miniboss, it drops a cylindrical spiky thing that doesn't have a Compendium entry, but I can pick it up with Ultrahand. The Compendium entries for the Flux Constructs all mention that they have cores with lots of power, so I assume that's what the cylinder is, but it doesn't act as a battery when I attach it to Zonai machines. What does it do?

You stick it on your sword and hit things with it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Tei posted:

Thanks!, I will try to use these instructions. I think I have 200 of these coins, and two extra batteries will really help.

There is a better vendor for buying the stuff in the depths (sells a lot more at once, including the big ones), and there's another guy you can turn them into energy bars behind lookout landing.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Gamerofthegame posted:

I have yet to figure out how to refine them, though

What do you mean by refine? They go from raw zonaite to the crystals in the refinery at either the tutorial island or in the dpeths, then the crystals are turned into extra bars by the guy either in the tutorial or behind lookout landing on the rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Am i forgetting something about how to get into the lost woods? As soon as i step into it it teleports me out, i thought there was a path to the centre.

I have a quest to visit the Deku Tree and i can't figure out if i'm just being dumb.