Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
question for the people who've played the game: i know whistle sprinting is out, but is fall damage cancelling still possible? (ie: fall -> go into throwing animation of weapon -> unequip weapon/shield right before hitting the ground)

I know they fixed a lot of glitches, but because that one was only really applicable to the great plateau, maybe they ignored it? might be helpful for this game's tutorial area.

(also goddammit now i want to play too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

goferchan posted:

Idk about the fall cancelling glitch but in the tutorial area specifically you're kind of "zoned out" from the rest of the game, it seems. If you fall it's like a "bottomless pit" fall and not like falling until you hit the ground
no i wasnt talking about leaving the island entirely, because you couldn't fall off the plateau either, but more like... it would be helpful, if there are any climbable things? i have not seen it so i dont know. i assume there's some level of verticality.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

i want there to be precisely one (1) save data bonus and i want it to be the stables having your horses from botw

:hellyeah:
frankly I still cannot believe this post was prophetic. it's the least impactful thing but i love it all the same. cannot wait to once again ride El Gordo

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Shabadu posted:

There feels like a lot more quest pointing here than in early botw. Once you're off the plateau you have None Direction until you stumble on a breadcrumb pointing you to Kakariko->Hateno->??? But here, you get more right out the gate with a trek to the castle, teaching you how to use the towers, sending you into the depths with the old man. I'm pretty sure they're pointing me towards Rito Village next, but I'm being deliberately obtuse and going out of my way to just explore.
The king literally tells you to go to kakariko, that's not exactly a breadcrumb

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

watched a video detailing all the amiibo rewards

Most of the paraglider skins are super cool and i want to get all of them, for style points. Happy that all the outfits are back + some new ones, slightly sad that the weapons aren't (i understand why, but also, i love the bow of light), and very sad that wolf link is no more.

First they remove him from Animal Crossing, now from his own series.... :negative:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

goddammit i want to play this game already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Yerok posted:

Where do I get a fast horse? I've just been gliding everywhere and using towers and spawning gliders covered in rockets with the gmod duplicator because I hate my slow horse
either get lucky with wild horses, or, scan a (spoofed) epona amiibo