Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Game owns once out of sky tutorial. You get the paraglider doing the next quest in Hyrule field so it's real quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lunar detritus posted:

I'm probably not going to check out this thread too much mostly because, surprisingly enough, I'm liking the story and I don't want to get spoiled about it.

How did everyone get to the ice shrine and then back to the temple of time?

I glued some tree trunks together and climbed them over the ice wall for the former and walked all the way back for the latter but I wonder if I just missed some obvious solution and managed to brute-force my way through the tutorial island.

There's a climbable wall under a waterfall between all the frozen walls. I just climbed up there finally. it took me forever to figure out that area

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

getting a map from a tower, i never thought it would beat botw. but daaamn, gorgeous
I got one piece of skydive mobility+ gear and whoo

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

It's so beautiful

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

20 hours in, i'm gonna say it... better than Elden Ring.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Better world exploration. Combat is good but not Elden Ring engaging. So far it's been either I kill stuff fast and easy or it's tough stuff and I die in one hit because my weapon doesn't allow shield and I didn't notice in time.

Really they should team up and hold hands and kiss because they are both flirting around the perfect combo. Throwing a little Death Stranding in here would be sick. They gave us towing harnesses and... So far haven't needed it once. I'd love to build some roads and long haul truck some poo poo across this world.

Have you beat any of the dungeons yet? Having Gust has been pretty essential for me

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Phoix posted:

I was on the fence until I put a rocket on my shield and well this is a good videogame

I'm only now doing the Zora dungeon area, I finished Rito's and holy poo poo that boss. I haven't seen Gerudo or the Gorons at all. I have so many quests. The world is so *alive*.

e: that said I'm dumb as hell and a lot of these goatse shrines puzzles are tough

Barreft fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 5, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

An Actual Princess posted:

I tried emulating it but it looked like poo poo so I’m playing it on a real switch

???

Barreft fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 5, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

So much regret doing that Divine beast after getting nearly every shrine. The other powers weren't so useful so I didn't expect the last one to be a super useful movement thing.

Saw there's a custom build of ryujin out that'll require you to purge your shader cache, but supposedly fixes the timekeeping and underground textures. Rock bug still there but at this point I've just accepted it as part of the general basic rock texture of the world lol.

Whats the link to the build?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Same; I actually had good performance with the recent Yuzu fix, but various elements were just "off" graphically to the extent that I prefer just doing it on the Switch where there's no hassle and everything just works correctly. I figured out how to transfer saves between the Switch and PC, so I can always just switch over when emulation improves.

It'll be amazing emulated once the kinks are worked out (though it's a shame it will probably never reach the heights of CEMU BotW, which had a ton of graphical/visual upgrades).

Never use Yuzu. Use Ryujinx and RyuSAK

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

There will be a 0 day patch like usual, then everything will take off. But we're already playing at 1080p30 a week before release so it can only go up from here

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Ryujinx runs way worse for me (unless there's been a radical improvement in the last ~24 hours, which is possible). I couldn't get a smooth 60fps in it, while I could in Yuzu.

TOTK can only play at 30fps right now. the 60fps mod isn't good.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Shabadu posted:

I can live with rock textures and hitchy frame rate, I'm in crashes every 30ish minutes land. The autosaves make it pretty easy to just soldier on though.

The crashes drive me loving nuts. But then I remember I'm just lucky to play early in 4k

go gamers

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I mean, you can play in 60fps pretty reasonably; you'd just need to set the speed to 50% in shrines and cutscenes. I don't think it's worth the hassle when I can just play on the Switch, but it's pretty playable.

yeah you just explained why not to play 60fps. it also breaks cutscenes sometimes

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Infinitum posted:

The new 60fps patch fixes that.

60fps outside
30fps in shrines
Cutscenes apparently sometimes break

Which patch is that?
[LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR]
60 fps/30fps in cutscenes is what got the new XB3 DLC to work without crashing.

I haven't really looked, the game engrosses me for so long I've just tried to ignore the disconnects

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 5, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wiltsghost posted:

I posted a fix last night that stopped all my crashes. Change the memory manager mode to fast or software in ryujinx.

k going to try fast mode. This is amazing playing on the Deck through moonlight from my pc

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wiltsghost posted:

I guess there is an even newer custom build of ryujinx that should maybe fix the crash issues? Haven't tested it yet.

E: and maybe increase performance

Just changing that memory setting has me with no crashes since. So thanks for that! I'm sure I'll get one in the next 5 minutes but it's better than every 30

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

My favorite person is the dude holding up all the Hudson signs. That guys a dedicated team player

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Anyone know any solutions to this? Yuzu seems to be running perfectly other than cloud textures.

Get the latest Ryujinx dirty build

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

alternately play on a real switch which has none of these problems and runs fantastically

You're right, but paying ~$300 for an original Switch is pointless when you can emulate the whole thing for $400 with a Deck and it runs better than 540px20fps.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Gamerofthegame posted:

clouds are just an Issue at the moment. otherwise yuzu is in most regards better.

no.. it's really not. There are no cloud issues

I got a mod edit before so I can't link files. But get Ryujinx dirty build, it's very easy to google

e: actually, youtube seems to be the go to now for quick, pirate videos lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Gamerofthegame posted:

clouds are just an Issue at the moment. otherwise yuzu is in most regards better.

Ryujinx

at a smooth 30 fps.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lol the lack of transparency around text. disgusting.

One of my biggest shames in life was not buying a Switch until the lockdown.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Infinity Gaia posted:

Ryujinx has better clouds but on the other hand all of its rocks have ugly as hell white squares on them. In the end, both emulators have issues right now.

It is kinda funny we're arguing over things on a game that isn't even released yet lol

But poo poo I'd never play the Yuzu version if it looks like that. You can play both for a reason

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

TOTK update 1.1 does make the graphics look way better at least

This is not going to end well... lol

Barreft fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 6, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Draga posted:

Will I still be able to use my Wolf Link amiibo to summon the Good Boy to help me?

Nope.

Epona is still an amiibo though, and fast as hell. The horses in this follow roads much better

Beautiful game:

Kinda crazy people are saying Yuzu is better

Barreft fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 6, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wiltsghost posted:

The new dash ability is so nice.

Yeah I went there first hoping for Revali's Gale, but Gust has gotten me through much, including the Zora route. I dunno how I would've completed that without it.

This game is absolutely limitless for multiple playthroughs.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Okay I'm taking Yuzi out for a spin but despite having 30fps mod is playing at 60fos, but in the bad double speed way. I also do not see any option to toggle the resolution from 1x up to anything higher. Any of you yuzuheads know what I'm missing?

why would you ever use yuzu

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

because i wanted to see what rocks are supposed to look like and dirty ryu wasn't letting me apply the title patch. i think ryu normal version can handle the patches or whatever now.

The shader stutter in Yuzu is a lot more noticeable, didn't bother with one in ryu since it was microstutters but this is lagging. The rocks do look nice

Join the Steam Deck discord if you havent already

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

I'm not playing on Steam Deck but I did join a discord just now and don't see why you'd say that

cause its bannable here to say anything thatd help your experience

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Yeah I already joined it

If you're in ours, say something lol

https://streamable.com/u0jr9o
https://streamable.com/1hfv4d

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 6, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Yeah the Goatse Shrines have to be on purpose lol I wish

Barreft fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 6, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

I mean the game isn't above making dick jokes so I wouldn't put it past them.

no ring, but cmon

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I don't think so. OoT and MM are different games doing different things, while it looks like TotK has pretty much all of BotW in it, plus some other stuff. Less a sequel, more a replacement.

The Dave posted:

MM was a new game in the OOT engine where TotK is BoTW+++.

100%. This game is making BOTW look like a tech demo

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lunar detritus posted:

any ideas about what to do here? I was able to burn a piece of the wall but everything else is too wet and I can't fit through the hole

slice it

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lunar detritus posted:

lol I never even tried slicing it, burning always worked before, thanks

I did the same for like 2 hours lol

Has anyone beat Moragia? I have no idea how to control these jet things and I've ignored them all game, but there's 3 parked infront of it so I'm assuming I need to use them but get destroyed as I try

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

If that's the boss I'm thinking of you just hop on the steering wheel and it's easy to steer. Without the steering wheel you just move around on the glider to tilt it in whatever direction. Fun fight btw. Really loved that, hope there's a jet bombing range later on because I could go for some more of those.

I kept trying to use balloons and stuff to float up, I never realized it was an actual plane combat boss lol goddamn this game

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

One of the labs I forget which, mention a jetpack and that's all I want to find.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Yarrington posted:

Anyone know the intended solve for getting the crystal out of the gisa crater cave? I’m guessing it was the rockets but I hadn’t seen them before so i wasted one and fuses the other to a stick which did nothing so I was SOL. I did eventually cheese it by dropping a wing down, grabbing the crystal and hopping on, then rewinding the wing back up top

Sounds like you did it the intended way op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Escobarbarian posted:

legit I might like this game more than Elden Ring which is loving ridiculous

Yeah the game just keeps getting better, I love it