Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Blaziken386 posted:

question for the people who've played the game: i know whistle sprinting is out, but is fall damage cancelling still possible? (ie: fall -> go into throwing animation of weapon -> unequip weapon/shield right before hitting the ground)

I know they fixed a lot of glitches, but because that one was only really applicable to the great plateau, maybe they ignored it? might be helpful for this game's tutorial area.

(also goddammit now i want to play too)

Idk about the fall cancelling glitch but in the tutorial area specifically you're kind of "zoned out" from the rest of the game, it seems. If you fall it's like a "bottomless pit" fall and not like falling until you hit the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The fusing is super cool even just doing basic poo poo & I'm sure there will be a bunch of surprises with it. I love how some enemies can do it too, that's a really clever way to tutorialize some of the possibilities. Only thing I don't like is needing to pop the menu open to fuse each individual arrow; it's pretty quick but still feels like I should be able to hit a button to toggle "use last fuse combo" if I have 50 keese wings in my inventory or whatever.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I never even thought about using recall on stuff I moved with ultra hand 🤯

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I wasn't even really on the hype train for this, liked BOTW quite a bit but it's not my favorite game of all time or anything, but man this game is blowing me away. The contraption idea is so brilliant

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I hopped around some sky islands and ended up dropping wayyyyy the gently caress out in the desert. Found a map tower but it seems like it's deactivated or the electricity is fizzling or something and I can't use it? I refuse to teleport back to central hyrule until I can find a shrine or loving something so I can fast travel back here but everything does my entire 4-heart lifebar's worth of damage in one hit and I'm constantly dying of heat exposure when I step out of the shade lol. This is awesome, feels like Elden Ring or something

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

If it's the tower covering the gerudo desert, there is a guy who you need to help at the bottom of an elevator directly in front of the tower

Thanks! I have wandered so far away from it I have no idea where to find it again lol. Oh wel

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Oh man kept meaning to check because first thing I had to do was switch a couple buttons around. I thought I was maybe going to play on Switch too at release... But remuscling controls is a no go at this point. Already translating the swapped Nintendo symbol promos and images into PS5 buttons into memory, can't bother undoing that. Hopefully they fix the floor and rock texture, otherwise it's good enough to not want to wanna redo and readjust to awkward of controls.

Someone made a quick patch and posted it on reddit that allows you to launch the game on Yuzu and the underground textures actually work there (but enough other stuff is broken/unstable that it's not worth switching from Ryujinx) -- very confident they'll have fixes in shortly after the game launches for real. I will probably switch to Switch at that point though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man I cannot count the number of times I've done some complicated poo poo to climb up somewhere and then been like "poo poo I could have just used Ascend couldn't I"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Seth textures are fixed in new official Ryujinx update..... much less scary down there now lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man this game is incredible. Again, liked BotW just fine, but it didn't captivate me even close to how this game has. Can't stop thinking about it when I'm not playing lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Khanstant posted:

There's also sword duels! Well you don't have to use sword but I love a good 1v1 Link versus swordsman.

When I was an autistic child I used to just set up 99-stock matches in Smash Bros Melee of Link VS AI Dark Link and play until the screen was a blur

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

How much time do you get to aim when using recall?

Pretty sure it just freezes until you select something, so forever. It's very good in combat if enemies are throwing shot at you or whatever

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sigher posted:

Wait, you're actually supposed to help this stupid rear end in a top hat? I thought it was some dumb comic thing and he's never able to keep the sign up (assuming he'd do it later).

Lol, this makes me like the game even more. Yeah not sure if there's special reward for doing all of them or something, but he throws you some rupees and food and stuff if you can make a structure that keeps it standing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Khanstant posted:

I think so long as you're not linking directly to files.

The custom Ryujin build I've been using has been fine except for when it slows down in big cities or only some certain underground zones. Plus some really unfortunate crashes that did reset progress on a quest, but that would be a problem without crashes if you tried to save mid mission and reload it.

I have been tempted to try out the Yuzi loadouts I assume you're talking about but didn't want to mess around with it when I could just keep playing as is lol

I did that today and it was a bit of a pain to set up but the graphics and performance are enormously better. Like I didn't think they were bad on Ryujinx, mostly worked pretty well for me, but Yuzu is a huge improvement. Game looks and runs very very well.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

queeb posted:

yeah you werent lying, it really helps.

also lol you can see so far when emulating:

Yeah it's blowing my mind how well it plays without even official emulator updates out yet. Nintendo needs a Switch 2 like, yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Homegirl in the first town after getting your glider etc should have a quest that gives you the camera and has you take pictures of some stuff in the depths