Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If it's the tower covering the gerudo desert, there is a guy who you need to help at the bottom of an elevator directly in front of the tower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

BabyRyoga posted:

seriously, i've played like 20 hours+ and I still can't find where to trade in my seeds. Where the hell

I wouldn't be surprised if he can appear in multiple places, but at least one is on the road heading towards the rito village, up the hill from the stable where impa is hanging out. Then he moves to lookout landing

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It seems like probably the worst aspect of the game is the beginning. The great plateau was a lot more elegant design wise than the great island, then you have to do even a little more annoying railroaded stuff to get the glider. It's fine after that but it doesn't make a great first impression

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I guess they felt like since the abilities are generally more complicated, the great island needed to be slower paced and hold the player's hand more than the great plateau. Needless to say, they're wrong and it sucks

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The great island almost feels like a throwback to a more old school zelda philosophy where you are systematically tutorialized to death with a sequence of 50 children's puzzles. There is a little bit of choice and flexibility in it but you really have to go out of your way to not just take the intended solutions I feel like.

I'm like meh leaning slightly positive on botw overall but I do appreciate the virtues of the plateau especially a lot more now

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 4, 2023

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I guess I get all of that, but then you leave the intro and it's completely back to being botw open ended, make your own solutions stuff. So you've annoyed people who want it the botw way, and given a false impression to people who want it the skyward sword way. Feels like it's a half measure, unlikely to please anyone except people who are inherently pleased by zelda basically.

To be a bit positive, the visual aspect of it is nice though. The plateau is pretty generic in comparison looks wise

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yeah I mean, I don't really consider the tutorial over until you get the glider (and maybe the breadcrumbed stuff in the depths, but obviously a lot of people are getting on fine without that). At that point you have four waypoints and a light suggestion of which one to do first. I guess that is significantly more guidance than botw but highly easy to ignore, and I think in practice most people probably will

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I wish I'd timed it, but I feel like 2-3 hours is more plausible. Doubtless 1 is possible if you're just stomping the baby puzzles mercilessly, not talking to the npcs, not lightly looking around for koroks and experimenting, blah blah blah, but I doubt that'll be the normal time it takes people

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Unrelated to any of the above, is there any trick/mechanic/whatever to making my airships not disappear randomly? flying a balloon/glider and having it blink green and pop like a soap bubble is already getting old as hell

I think all vehicles just have a hardcoded limit of how far they can get from their spawn location. Probably most people aren't really aware of it yet but yeah I think it's going to be a hated aspect

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

I went east of the castle area to the first sky tower and the doors at the bottom are locked, how do i unlock it? NPC there said something about finding mushrooms in a cave at the bottom of the mountain but i can't find it

Also will be kinda disappointed if you can't go where you want and unlock towers anywhere, that was a cool part of the previous game

There is a cave entrance like just slightly down the hill from the tower, you go in there and use ascend to get into the tower. All the towers I've seen are unlockable any time but most do have some little puzzle like this

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Costco Meatballs posted:

How much time is supposed to have passed between the two games, anyhow?

I don't think they say, it's just loose vibes. I'd guess maybe a year between botw and the totk intro sequence, then like a few weeks between that and the the main playable part of totk

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm very far from a botw expert, but from what I've noticed enough time passed between games for them to clean up the guardians everywhere and clean up around hyrule castle, build the new towers, and for the main bird guy's son to age noticeably, but not really anyone else. Then for the post-intro skip enough time for various investigations of the depths and the zonai stuff to get organized and somewhat underway by the time link shows up

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Khanstant posted:

I keep meaning to check if there's a clever way to plop out a second glider once yours is blinking, and then swapping to the new one.

Definitely seems like a design choice though, guess they don't want us cruising across empty sky all the way across the map, skipping everything they put above and below and belower.

That and I imagine they wanted to somewhat preserve the integrity of the intended "moving between chains of sky islands" paths and not just have you short circuit them with a glider from across the map.

I feel like the glider's descent is probably too generous, even with minimal stuff attached they could cover vast swaths of the map if not for the despawning

e: Purah's character entry thing says she aged herself up some with sheikah magic so yeah it doesn't help much

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 4, 2023

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As far as I know those are both completely unchanged

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yeah that boss is a classic example of exceeding low expectations. It's not anything fancy but you kinda expect the worst when it's revealed. I will say it had some nice music too

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Breakable boxes and jars and stuff seem to mainly have arrows, I feel like if you get in the habit of breaking them it goes a long way against arrow problems despite using a lot. I don't really remember the first game being like that so it might be something people just have to get used to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Where does this one start?

In the lookout landing underground room thing, but only after you complete one dungeon