Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
PUBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
We need a PUB.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
We can't afford to be losing our people in silly pointless duels, they've got the arena to settle their issues in. But a PUB? You always need a PUB.

I'm so glad New Bastion got picked, now all we need is an old man to narrate everything we do and call us "kid"!

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

stryth posted:

I'm so glad New Bastion got picked, now all we need is an old man to narrate everything we do and call us "kid"!

Kid always did like visitin' the Pub in New Bastion, pickin' up a spirit from the Distillery. Frost Grog's like drinkin' a winter breeze. An eye opener, but makes your toes go numb.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

The Personal Diary of Signalman E. Bourchier

NBD 15

Last night the workers finished up some construction to improve and expand our housing infrastructure. In all the shuffling and relocation, however, Henry and I were assigned to different bunkhouses! I will be lodging a complaint with the Housing Committee immediately.

In more positive news, the votes tallied last night were overwhelmingly in favour of opening a public house. In celebration, the cookhouse will begin serving meals without sawdust again.

When I woke up, the temperature had fallen again, to -30. Work conditions are still liveably warm in most workplaces, with the exception of the Warehouse upon which we originally founded our settlement. Our engineers believe they have come up with a method to somewhat mitigate this fact for our Warehouse workers.

Our pub will be completed and opened after our new guests from former Tesla City arrive, and will be one of the facilities staffed by them. Should get the more despondent among back on their feet!

Thanks to the new infirmary, our number of sick has fallen to the point where we no longer need to staff the old medical tents. The medics have now been reassigned to research; for now, on our first completely home-grown third tier research project, insulating the Warehouse.

All too quickly it seems that it is time for another poll to be taken on Laws. I submitted a proposal to the Legal Committee that each ballot allow the voter to pick up to three options, rather than only one, in order that we might require fewer votes to be taken - a notion which they quickly ratified.
It appears there are two new options on the ballot today: House of Pleasure and Moonshine.

What Law(s) will we next pass as an independent settlement?

Remalle fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 14, 2024

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Child Shelters! The little ones need something to do during the day, and we've got enough labour.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Seconding Child Shelters. That will open the way to apprenticeships.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Child Shelters

We're trying to show we're a good place.

Also use the strawpoll rather than the thread.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

NBD 15 (2nd Entry)

My proposal to the Legal Committee was implemented straight away and this vote saw New Bastion's first multiple decision. As the clear frontrunner, Child Shelters was first to be implemented.

The second most voted for choice was for a Cemetery to be built, while no clear third law emerged from this ballot.

In the icy rock wall we see a row of entrances to the caves.

Not long after, our scouts arrived with the refugees from Tesla City, every single one of them ill. The scouts departed in a new direction while the new arrivals were being sorted - we had enough healthcare and housing facilities ready for them, but once they have recovered we will need to figure out how best to put them to work.

As we had hoped, we found a pass leading safely to the other side. There's also a sheltered place here where we could rest for a while.

Apparently not only we found this pass to be a convenient way over the mountains.
Bonfire remains and other evidence attest that people camped here. However, they all seem old.

The bottom of the gully is spotted with dark shapes, as if an avalanche left huge rocks lying there.

Our other scout team finally made their way safely through the mountain range, and is reporting promising signs that other people may be in the area.

Some of our new citizens have been assigned to the cookhouse, others to sawmills. A few, though, are fortunate enough to have drawn the public house assignment. Though the drinks we have been able to prepare are weak and taste unpleasant, we will finally be able to properly celebrate our independence!

NBD 16

Henry and I awoke with terrible hangovers this morning - the opening festivities at the pub got rather out of hand. Before I could recover a report from the scouts was already being pressed into my hands.

As we get closer, it turns out that these are not rocks but huge rusted cages. There are frozen bodies inside, and some lie around the cages as well. These people were killed some time ago - their frozen bodies have been partially scavenged by animals. They lie scattered without any semblance of order or respect.

If we had any doubts whether the bodies were thrown here deliberately, a sign at the entrance to the gully dispells them: "No man will have rule over others, for all time - Convicts of Frostland."
These are probably bodies of the overseers who guarded convicts working on Frostland. And these cages were used to transport convicts from place to place.

In the middle of the white wasteland we see a wreck of a seagoing ship.

Our scouts have found human remains, apparently remnants of a struggle much like the one we will soon find ourselves in. There had been rumours for some time that the IEC used prisoner labour in the construction of the Generators, but we had never run across anybody with first-hand experience of such in our time in New London. The scouts are now moving towards a shipwreck that they believe may house the surviving convicts.

Back at New Bastion, the Legal Committee finalized the authorization of a Cemetery to be built. Though we have been fortunate not to suffered any losses as yet, our brushes with starvation, sickness and impending conflict leaves no doubts in any mind that we will not remain so lucky.

Our number of ill is returning to normal again after the influx of sick refugees. This has freed up some of our engineers to get back to research, which has yielded a slightly warmer workplace in the Warehouse.

The news came just in time for the Warehouse workers to return to their extended shift hours.

We reach the settlement built around the shipwreck. We guess that before the arrival of Frost there must have been a sea here. The settlement is populous, but its inhabitants meet us with distrust, even hostility.

Convicts were widely used on Frostland to build generators, deceived by false promises of amnesty and return home. Most of them were worked to death, carried on prison ships from one construction site to another.
Some of them have rebelled - and those we met here were successful. They killed their guards, took over the ship and set up their own settlement, away from London's power.
The hull of the ship heated by steam boilers protected them from the Great Storm. Hearing that we too have rebelled against our masters, they seem to warm up to us.

Initial contact has been made with the Shipwreck Camp! As we thought, they are a group of former convicts used by the IEC to build Generators quickly and cheaply. They commandeered this ship, apparently en route for Site 113, and waited out the Storm on it, but I suspect they likely have little in the way of resources or food other than what was on the ship to begin with. We will need to wait for another team to set up a trading post and transceiver there before we know for certain.

The terrain ahead of us seems to undulate like a rough sea.

Tentatively friendly relations having been secured, the scouts set out again.

A cemetery has been established on the outskirts of New Bastion - we still await a Child Shelter, though its construction has been authorized. We should only need a single shelter to house the 15 children on site, but our resources have been going in other directions, namely:

A construction team to establish communications and trade with the Shipwreck Camp, and improvements to the infrastructure at Hot Springs. Our network of allies grows in size and strength! It will take some time for the construction team to reach the Shipwreck - I am going to try to fall asleep early and rid myself of this putain de hangover.

The caves might be the shelter of wild animals, but it is possible that some people hid there. Anyway, we have weapons with us.

In the caves we came upon frozen human corpses torn apart by wild animals. By the bodies we found boxes with documents containing the results of some scientific research we cannot comprehend.
There is no trace of animals. And there is nothing of interest for us here.

Strange devices protruding through the snow draw our attention. We think this is where Weather Station once stood.

I am again prevented from getting a good night of rest by scouting reports. The first scout team has made some interesting discoveries and picked up some useful supplies.

We stand at the edge of a field of ice waves stretching to the horizon.

This must have been a sea shore, before the sea froze during a storm. The sight is truly amazing. We can see some shape rising above the waves on the horizon.

The distant shape looming among an endless ice field appears to be a ship.

The second has not. I did not need to be awoken to be informed that there may be a ship on the ocean.

While I am awake, however, I may as well fill in the ballot they handed me along with the reports. Good night, diary.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

NBD 17

My dear diary, I fear I have been overly grim in my writings of the past days. I do not wish to burden you with the thought that things are progressing unsatisfactorily in New Bastion. On the contrary, morale is at an all-time high, and with every new law we improve our quality of life further.

Last night's ballots were counted and the treatment of our ill came out ahead by the narrowest of majorities over what to do with our children. Even our people stationed at Hot Springs had the sick on their mind, a notion which caused some slight friction.

Your people want to build a Medical Post in our settlement. It's not necessary in our opinion. We have our ways of healing; the aura of the springs is a cure in itself. We don't trust engineers and their mechanical way of thinking and we'd rather not have them around. You can help us in many other ways.

We need it

New Bastion, greetings. What is it that you wanted to talk about?

How can we help you?

Now that our housing and health needs are met, we can focus on ramping up the food production. With a little help from your settlement we could repair the pumps and expand the cultivated area. Of course we'd also need more people to work it.

We will think about it
We have some problems, can you help us?

How can we assist you? Tell us what you need.

We need a lot of food

You ask for a lot, but we agree. We hope you'll remember about it when we need help.

Thank you

By the time our child shelter was established, I had mostly smoothed things over with them, with promises of continued help in exchange for a bigger shipment of food this time.

Communications have just been established with Shipwreck Camp. I will report back to you in but a moment's time!

Thanks to this Trading Depot you've built, we can help each other survive.

One more thing

What's up, New Bastion? Speak your mind.

How can we help you?

We lack some basic facilities, and we need them badly. We'd be really grateful if you could assist us with establishing the basic healthcare and food production. We also need a better way to collect resources - we won't survive long without them.

We will think about it

What is it that you need? We don't have much, but we'll see what we can do.

We need some Wood

You got some nerve! All right, we can do it for you. But you'll owe us, big time.

Thank you

The ex-prisoners proved quite a lot less cordial than our friends at Hot Springs, though helpful and amicable enough in their own way. Though they lacking in neither lumber nor manpower, they do not have the proper resources or expertise required for the advanced facilities we all require for survival now. We are able to immediately send a small shipment of steel to get them started.

The tall building of the meteorological station erected by Winterhome engineers did not survive the Great Storm.

Thick snow covers the broken walls and collapsed roof. Only masts with the old scientific equipment rise above them. What raw materials we could still find here are not worth the effort of wrenching them from under the ice.

We see the place where Winterhome stood.

The scouts have entered the territory that was once Winterhome. I suspect all that remains in those ruins are ice and ghosts.

It is indeed a ship trapped forever in the frozen sea. The broken ice around it rises in dramatic waves.

The ship carried hundreds of convicts, whose bodies are still locked in cells. But the crew did not abandon them, we found their remains in their quarters.
There's still plenty of food aboard. We could take it, although we can't be sure what was the cause of death of the crew and convicts...

At nearly the same time, but on the other side of Frostland, the other scout team found some frozen food on another derelict convict ship. They superstitiously wished to leave what they believed to be cursed food behind, but we cannot afford such flights of fancy in our situation. To appease everybody, I will have a word with the researchers to examine their discovery for poison or infection upon their return.

Captain, some of our people are concerned about the low temperature in their homes. They quite sensibly point out that it's easy to fall ill when it's cold, and ask you to address the problem.

I had nearly forgotten since Henry and I were moved into bunkhouses together, but many of our residents are still making do with mere tents. As it appears the temperature will remain at -40 for several days, it was agreed that a portion of our steel for the next while will go towards ensuring everybody has at least a bunkhouse in which to reside. As some citizens have been assigned to Hot Springs, several of the tents currently stand empty, which ensures nobody will go homeless during the renovations.

The second result of the latest vote has been implemented, and our children will be assigned to assist in the workshops rather than in the infirmary.

The ruins of a city brought down by inept rule of a selfish and incompetent ruler, and finally destroyed by the explosion of its badly operated, irreparably damaged generator. We didn't think we would ever return here.

Those who managed to flee left long ago and we have no idea what happened to them, apart from some of the evacuated children who found shelter in New London. Winterhome has become a monument to the human ignorance and hubris, and its destruction is being completed by nature.
The Great Storm covered the ruins with snow and ice, only the regular pattern of mounds and depressions reminds us that this white shroud covers the work of human hands.

Something big and rusty sticks out from under the ice.

It appears that in the final days of Winterhome most of its buildings were dismantled for some unknown purpose, and a few raw materials remained buried under the snow, untouched by the Generator explosion, previous scouting expeditions, or the Great Storm. There are too many points of interest in this area for one scout team to explore on its own, and so the other will join them after they have returned to the city.

NBD 18

Several of our new neighbours were upset this morning over the Labour Committee's decision to implement an emergency shift at the Warehouse today. All of our housemates are assigned to the coal thumper or its attendant gathering posts, so we did not have to witness the tirade first-hand, but Henry told me that Malins and Annesley across the street in particular were livid. I suppose between the Hot Springs, Shipwreck Camp and our own needs the amount of steel we require is only increasing.

With the lumber we recently received from the Shipwreck Camp the Warehouse workers erected protective structures for greater haste and efficiency during their long shift.

One of our people died suddenly during an Emergency Shift. We don't know what happened, but it's likely it was a heart attack.

I keep telling myself it was only a matter of time before New Bastion experienced death, dear diary, but it does not ease the shock and pain I feel as I pen down these words. Dearest Sharla passed suddenly at the warehouse this morning - yes, the very one who used to bake those delightful confections. It was scarcely an hour into the shift, so I feel this was surely not a matter of overwork - the poor creature had always had a frail constitution. Repose an paix, belle âme.

A worn, crushed, rusty automaton. It looks like it has spent a long time under the ice. Perhaps the Great Storm uncovered it and that's why we were able to find it.

We explored the rusting hulk of the automaton. It was a general purpose machine, probably used by Winterhome in the field to help with construction. It must've been abandoned after suffering irreparable damage. The steam core has been removed, but we can still get some steel from it.

In the distance we see a dark blur that might be a forest.

Unaware of the tragedy at home, the scouts press on undaunted.

The work is not in vain. The Shipwreck Camp will survive thanks to our labour.

Captain, we found a boy frozen to the bone in the cemetary next to a fresh grave. He must've been there for hours. He wants you to call an emergency meeting. He says that if you agree, his mother will wake up to attend it...

Poor Tom has been huddled by Sharla's grave all day. We have not been able to put together a proper service for her. Perhaps if we could, he could find some closure...

We were able to help Hot Springs with the first of their new list of requests.

The stone building looks from a distance like a warehouse. This in turn suggests that we might find a lot of valuable resources there.

The scouts have a perilous new assignment. We know of a Goods Station recently built near to New London that they guard only lightly - or at least, it was only lightly guarded when we left. Our people will attempt to raid it for supplies and move on before New London is any the wiser.

More of our people have been dispatched to the Hot Springs with supplies to help.

It's probably the grove in which we once discovered human bones buried under the trees.

Numerous human bones lie scattered among the stumps of frozen trees. Most of them have tooth marks left probably by starving wild animals, which must've unearthed them, desperately searching for food. We'll bury them before leaving, this is all we can do for these long-gone strangers.

Something far ahead shimmers faintly - it looks like reflections on water.

We continue to re-map Frostland after the Storm, now with the liberty to show humanity where before we could not.

Despite their objections Hot Springs will soon be receiving some medics. There are still two weeks left until the deadline for New London's ultimatum - the development of our two allies is strengthening all of us more than they ever did. We continue to oppose tyranny.

NBD 19

I awoke from dreams of darkness and cold blue fire. Sharla's death weighs heavily on my mind still. I only wish there was more we could do for poor Tom.

The largest grove of trees has been fully depleted, so we last night we relocated the sawmill higher up the pass to harvest the smaller copse. Soon we will need to rely entirely on Shipwreck Camp for timber.
Speak of the Devil, incoming message from them:

We know you have your own problems, but we have no one else to turn to. A disease is spreading among our people, and some of them will die if they don't get medical help that we can't provide. They would risk travelling to your settlement if you agree to cure them. In exchange for your help they are willing to stay and work for you. They are great workers, more than willing to pull their weight after they recover.

We will cure them

Though we are doing all we can to improve their circumstances, an illness has already taken ahold of their population and they have been forced to send their sick to us. We do not need more manpower at the moment but we have the facilities to cure them and so we will. Already our relations with the once-prisoners have become amiable.
Oh, another message already?

This is urgent! We need your immediate assistance. A geyser has erupted, causing damage to the crops and many injuries among both ours and your people. The burn victims need advanced treatment to survive, we don't have the proper technology and we ask ourselves if we should have. We never needed it before your arrival.
We need to send the victims to you for treatment, although it's dangerous due to the severity of their burns and the distance. We await your answer.

We'll take care of the victims

Poor timing - an accident at Hot Springs necessitates that they send us their gravely injured at the same time! A vote is to be taken now, as well. I have a presentiment that the high spirits of just a few days ago will soon be sorely tested.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Extra rations for the ill.

If we're getting a lot of very sick/injured people, we're going to need to be able to get a faster turnaround in treating them.

Alternatively care house is a good backup.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Funerals. Poor Tom.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

NBD 19 (2nd Entry)

Inspired by the recent tragedy suffered by the Culpeppers, we have put it in law that all of us will be given the proper rites when we pass.

I fear Tom's Law, as it is called, will soon be invoked as the most gravely ill of our friends will soon join us.

These must be the freshwater springs where we found a group of survivors before the Great Storm. The unfrozen part of the pond has shrunk considerably.

The springs are barely flowing. It seems that the Great Storm has somehow disrupted the water circulation, which supplied heat from the depths, and without it the sources started to freeze.
The plants which were protected by the sources must've have
[sic] died during the storm or soon after. Then the animals which used to feed on them left or starved.

It must be the automated coal mine that once belonged to Winterhome and was later found by New London.

Our scouts are increasingly confident that nothing of note or value remains in the territory already scouted by New London before the Storm. There may be coal left over at the old mine, however, so it merits another look.

The Shipwreck Camp's ill have arrived. While our current facilities are sufficient for these ten, the impending arrival of the next group from Hot Springs necessitates the opening of another medical post.

We managed to gain access to the coal hold. In the process your people found the registry containing our sentences. Most of our people were convicted for minor offenses under new, harsh laws intended to raise cheap labour, but it turns out there are also arsonists and murderers among us. The registry contains no names, just prisoner numbers, but we think it's fortunate. We can give everyone a new life in this new world, and to this end we ask you to destroy the registry.

Yes, forgive and forget

After I opened communications with the Shipwreck Camp to inform them we received their people, an opportunity arose for us to improve our relations with them. There is little to no point in clinging to the wrongs of the past - humanity has been given a start as fresh as the snow. We will send them the materials for a new sawmill instead.

The next group of patients is coming in now, and their condition looks much worse.

We've heard that the burn victims have arrived to your settlement after a long and exhausting journey. We are horrified to learn that almost half of them died on the way, and the rest is in critical state. Please, help them immediately or they will die too.
Establishing a safe and fast connection between our settlements would help prevent such tragedies in the future. Our people might distrust technology, but we can see its uses. We offer you steady food shipments every two days if you build a safe route to us.

This would benefit everyone

While the safe route is being established, we need to reduce the risk of the next eruption. Your engineers want to flood the caves to stabilise the flow. This shall stop eruptions and might give us bigger crops, but would also destroy the cave moss we are using as a mild sedative. We'd strongly prefer to drill a borehole to lower the pressure. Eruptions will still happen from time to time, but such is the nature of this place.

Flood the caves

Our friends at Hot Springs had a brilliant idea - establishing a route between us would greatly improve our ability to move back and forth between our settlements. If we construct a road, they will guarantee us food shipments every other day. They were on the other hand displeased by our insistence that their caves be flooded for reasons of improved safety and food output.

NBD 20

Last night, the Shipwreck Camp contacted us with a very similar proposal. That our allies' wishes are so aligned bodes well.

Now that the first improvements are complete, let's build something that should benefit both our settlements. Establishing a Safe Route between us would make trading faster and more secure by preventing the shipments from getting bogged down in the snow. If you build it, we'll start sending you Wood every other day.

The temperature fell again, and our homes are cold again. There is still seemingly little we can do against even everyday weather.

To help repair our damaged relations with Hot Springs we sent back some healthy workers along with a good deal of building supplies.

This is a small goods station built at the crossroads. The routes lead north towards New London, north and east towards the mountains.

Whatever the warehouse contains does not belong to us, but, well, it no longer belongs to anybody. So we broke into it.
As expected, we found some canned food and frozen meat inside. Both will certainly be very useful to us.

In the middle of nowhere we find a small settlement, which resembles a makeshift detention camp.

The scouts we assigned to raid New London's storehouse report it was unguarded. They took its contents with them and continue to explore New London's outskirts.

The heating and healthcare in our settlement have improved, but your medics say that malnutrition is still causing many to fall ill. We don't have much, but we've managed to survive on our own. Yet, perhaps it's time to ask for help. We don't do this lightly, and we don't want to use you. We know that you are in contact with a settlement producing food, so maybe we could talk to them?

We'll put you in touch

As the needs of our allies increase in complexity, more and more steel will be required for their and our needs. We have put them in contact with each other, and provided our workers with new equipment in the Warehouse.

This mine was far from depleted when we last sent people into it. Smoke is coming from its stacks - apparently people are living here.

We go inside. It turns out that the mining corridors reaching deep under the permafrost give shelter to dozens of children accompanied by a handful of old and frail people.
The mining machines broke long ago - now the coal is being extracted by kids whose small stature allows them to traverse the tunnels easily. The children are proud that they manage on their own and reject our suggestion to move.
We can help them by improving their living conditions in return for coal.

Surprisingly, we have found another inhabited settlement out in Frostland, inside Winterhome's old coal mine! A construction team is on its way to establish communications with a population that appears to consist primarily of children.

Far ahead we can see the elegant steel bridge that we remember well from before the Great Storm.

The bridge! I remember when we first discovered it, how excited we were by the prospect of having a sister city out in Frostland. We have finally accomplished just that at New Bastion, and potentially thrice over! I will not have been able to talk with the Children's Mine before I sleep tonight,

NBD 21

No news from the Children's Mine so far, dear diary. I hope the few adults among them are able to keep those little ones safe and fed. I hate to think of so many out there without parents.
A new law has been passed in response to the situation with our ill, too.

The survivors from both our groups of ill have mostly recovered, so the care house will already be redundant by the time it is complete, but it will be good to have in case such a situation ever reoccurs.

We see tents surrounded by a barbed wire fence and several people, probably guards, patrolling the area at a considerable distance from the camp.

After we took a closer look, it turned out that this is a quarantine centre belonging to New London. Apparently our former home was affected by some epidemic that they tried to suppress, and they put the infected here, far from the healthy population.
We decided to steer clear of this place before the guards noticed out presence.

A dark line crosses our view in the distance.

Interesting - in the time since we left New London, some plague has hit them. If they already have a camp set up so far away from the city it must have been quite some time ago, and yet there are still people quarantined there. I am grateful Henry and I still have our health, merci à la vierge Marie.

Both Hot Springs and Shipwreck Camp need their own depots upgraded like ours if we are to build roads to them.

We stand on the edge of a long ice crevice.

We've established that the crevice extends beyond the ice sheet, deep into the rock. It could be the result of tectonic movement, but rock might've cracked under the weight of ice. It's so deep that pieces of ice thrown into it vanish without any echo. It is also quite wide - it would not be easy to cross it.

A black dot amidst the endless expanse of snow attracts our attention.

The scouts were originally to circumnavigate New London and report back to New Bastion with their findings, but have found a deep fracture blocks their path. They are now following the crevasse away from the city in hopes of finding a way around.

This mine was far from depleted when we last sent people into it. Smoke is coming from its stacks - apparently people are living here.

A second construction team has been dispatched just as the first reached the Children's Mine. The new one is tasked with establishing a road to Hot Springs. The first has just established contact - I will report back in but a moment!

Thank you for establishing the Trading Depot. Now we will be able to help each other.

One more thing

New Bastion, it's good to hear from you. What is it?

How can we help you?

We lack some basic facilities, and we need them badly. We'd be really grateful if you could assist us with establishing basic healthcare and patching our temporary shelters. We also need some food rations - we won't survive long without them.

We will think about it

If you're in need, tell us how we can help. We'll see what we can do.

We need some Steel

It's a lot that you ask for, but we'll do it for you. Just please remember about it when we are in need.

Thank you

First contact with the Children's Mine went well, and we were able to trade some of our materials and some medics for steel and coal right away, with the promise of future aid when we are able. I cannot tell if their representative on the other end of the line is one of the adults or the older children.
Hot Springs, too, wished to speak with us. The cultures we have developed are quite different, and this leads to occasional tensions, but I see no reason to meddle with their way of life when their health and lives are not at stake as they were before.

We're really grateful for all the work and supplies you provided! We'd like to ask you to solve an issue though. Your people are disturbed by the sight of our dead, whose frozen bodies we stored to compost them later. They want to build a cemetary and bury them, like in the old times.
This is not our way. We want to respect the wishes of our dead to be returned to the circle of life, not trapped in the permafrost forever. Will you help us prepare a composting pit for them?

Yes, we'll help you with the pit

On this bridge we came across the first automaton we saw in our lives. Now we meet here a group of workers from New London.

Workers are busy cutting pieces off the bridge structure. When we try talking to them, they rebuff us angrily and tell us to leave or else.

We took the resources.

A shocking report from the scouts! They unexpectedly ran into New Londoners at the bridge and were involved in a brief altercation with them. Of course, neither party was armed enough to make a true fight of it, and a few gunshots into the air were enough to send the New Londoners running. What puzzles me is why they were dismantling the bridge - it is a useful construction, and New London should be able to provide those raw materials for themselves on site. Should they not?

Remalle fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 31, 2024

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Sorry for the wait on this one - my first attempt at this part disappeared because I forgot to record, and this one ended up being long enough that I had to split it in half. Look forward to the second half of the post tomorrow!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

got some broken tags, starting with the paragraph where you say [sic] :)

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Thanks, fixed it.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I do like the fact that the second the guiding intelligence leaves NL it instantly goes to poo poo. I know it's not realistic per say but it is funny.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Josef bugman posted:

I do like the fact that the second the guiding intelligence leaves NL it instantly goes to poo poo. I know it's not realistic per say but it is funny.

*per se

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Gosh darn autocorrect. Thank you!

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

That's it, get all the other settlements hooked on cheap steel and Steam Cores. That's when we jack up prices and become Steam Kings of the North!

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

NBD 22

Henry and I have been discussing the situation of New London. From the reports of our scouts it appears the situation there may be significantly worse than when we departed. The Captain rarely steered us wrong when the city was in its infancy, but in the months following the Storm I believe having no real threat to point the Guards toward may have compelled him to direct the sword either toward us - or inward. To paraphrase the Latin, so always with tyrants.

[img]
We found the rusted wreck of a snow rover.

The frozen corpse of the driver is still inside. Such rovers were used to scout ahead of expeditions, but never alone - it's too dangerous to travel in Frostland in such small craft. This means that some convoy has passed here long time ago, probably in a hurry - otherwise they'd have taken the body to bury it.

Looking in the direction the rover seemingly came from, we can see a larger shape.

I had two reports and a communiqué to look over this morning. One, a scouting report of little remark;

We found a camp and the bodies of members of a scouts team. One of our people recognised his friends, who disappeared during the Great Storm. Apparently after losing contact with New London they built the camp to wait out the worst weather. We would like to bury them properly, for which we'll need some wood, and we kindly ask for your approval.

Another, that our construction team has finished the first phase of the new road to Hot Springs. They found the remains of what was apparently a New Mancunian scouting party that was caught in the Storm and perished. The Construction Committee saw fit to send extra wood along to ensure a proper burial.
Finally, the Children's Mine confirmed that they received our medics and requested a clarification of their doctrine.

We thank you for the medics you sent to help with our healthcare. There are still much more sick kids than beds and we noticed that the youngest unfortunately wind up at the end of the queue. You could tell your medics to start with the more severely sick. Otherwise the kids will organise themselves.

Start with the sickest kids

Hot Springs was sent the materials necessary for the composting pit they requested for their dead.
The Labour Committee gave me a requisition to pass on to Shipwreck Camp - apparently we are running low on hands after having sent so many helpers out to our friends. Because we have helped them so much lately without asking any favours, the Labour Committee believes our friends will have enough favour towards us to acquiesce.

What is it that you need? We don't have much, but we'll see what we can do.

We need a lot of workers

You got some nerve! All right, we can do it for you. But you'll owe us, big time.

Thank you

[img]
A heavy freight trailer stuck in an icy crevice. Such vehicles used to be hauled by land dreadnoughts.

Looking at the massive bulk of the trailer, we can't help but marvel at the power of the land dreadnoughts which roamed Frostland before the Great Storm, bringing scores of people north. Where was this convoy headed? Alas, we won't find out. The storm has erased all their traces.

According to our maps, the weather shelter for Winterhome scientists should be somewhere around here. However, we can't see anything like it.

The scouts report they have discovered nothing further of interest further afield. They will make one more stop to investigate an old marker on the map before returning home.

Another law is passed - we are currently low on food, but once the road is complete we will no longer need to worry about rationing our supplies when it comes to our sick. On that note, our construction team just reported that said road is now two-thirds complete.

The sawmill workers have cut down the last tree in New Bastion! We are now wholly reliant on the newly built sawmill at Shipwreck Camp for lumber.

Sir, our people made a disturbing discovery. While preparing a place for a Gathering Post, they followed a path trodden in the snow which led them deeper into the frozen forest. They found a clearing with about twenty graves. On one of them lies a captain's hat. Our people think that the ship's crew is buried there, presumably by the locals.

Evidence that the people we are beholden to for wood were responsible for the deaths of their guards is mounting. At my recommendation, the camp has agreed not to let on that we know - it may be useful information to hold in the future.

The first of our exploratory teams has returned to New Bastion and was reassigned to new duties. They believe we have made contact with all of the survivors there are to find.

We are pleased to report that everything went as planned. This place will serve as a great vantage point as well as clear visual guide for future expeditions going between our settlements. This section of the Safe Route can be assumed as secured.

A hauler was dispatched from our upgraded Transport Depot to test the newly completed road to Hot Springs. Once it reaches their settlement safely, they will send it back full of food!

We confirm that a Safe Route between our settlements has been successfully established. It will allow us to quickly respond to emergencies and give us the much needed sense of stability. From now on we will be sending you shipments of Raw Food every other day. We hope this route will benefit both our peoples greatly.

Great news!

A man assigned to an emergency shift has refused to work. He said that he's already worn out and he doesn't want to end up dead like one of his friends.

One of Sharla's friends at the Warehouse objected to the arduous schedule they have been demanding lately, and was replaced with one of the new arrivals from Shipwreck Camp.

The reason for that ridiculous work schedule is, of course, to keep up with the neverending needs of our growing network of allies.

NBD 23

I was awoken first this morning so I could respond to Shipwreck Camp's hail. I hardly have a moment to myself these days with all the people we have to talk to!

We need your help. We know that we're asking for a lot, but we need better housing - these huts we're living in now are too crowded and don't hold the heat in. Plus, some of us want to live separately from others. We used to think that we could trust each other, but we were proven wrong.

We'll build separate quarters

Sir, our people at Shipwreck Camp complain that the locals are making them uneasy. Admittedly, these ex-cons are great workers, but they are rowdy, uncouth, quick to demonstrate their physical strength, and they love to show off their technical skills, which our engineers find particularly unsettling.

Shortly after, I received a second transmission from their settlement, though this one was sent by our own workers. Interpersonal tensions are always high around that camp, and so we agreed to provide a tad more in the way of building materials to ensure a kept peace.

The shelter, designed to withstand the worst Arctic weather, has apparently failed to survive the Great Storm.

Searching the area, we stumble upon a door handle sticking out from under the snow. Soon we dig out the door and see the plaque attached to it: "To all scientists: If you use any supplies, remember to notify the quartermaster upon your return to the city." This is all that's left of the shelter.

I do not wish to sound callous, my dearest diary, but it has become increasingly difficult to feel connected to these small sad stories the scouts keep sending me. A part of me is glad that they are returning home and I will no longer need to read these reports. They either made it to safety or they did not.

The Heating Committee has agreed that because the entirety of New Bastion's populace is homed within bunkhouses, now is a reasonable time to promise warm houses again.

Another day draws to a close - our 23rd here on the edge. We have been asked to submit votes for another round of law implementations, and to limit unnecessary usage of wood and steel - the construction team is awaiting sufficient materials to begin construction of the second road to Shipwreck Camp.

Remalle fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 6, 2024

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
How many amputees currently live in New Bastion?

I voted for Moonshine in the strawpoll, but if the number of amputees is greater than ten, change my vote in favour of Prosthetics and work towards construction of a Factory to produce them.

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 3, 2024

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

We currently have a grand total of no amputees! Nobody likely to become one in the near future either, barring some sort of accident.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well in that case, my vote stands: let's all get thunderously pissed :cheers: :guinness:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Moonshine

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

NBD 24

New London's deadline grows closer every morning. Only a few days more, now.

We will be ready if they decide to take offensive action.

Last night, the construction team began work on the new road to Shipwreck Camp. In the morning, I received from them a message.

It's not your problem, but since we now work together, we thought you might want to have a say. Some of our people, men we trusted, were exposed as murderers. We don't want them among us, obviously, but we've known them for a long time and we feel that they deserve at least a chance of survival. They agreed to leave in peace if we give them some gear and supplies that will make their exile less like a death sentence. Can you help us provide them supplies?

Certainly

It seems a waste to me, but the ex-criminals of Shipwreck Camp do not wish to become murderers like their exiles were. A few supplies will give all of us peace of mind as the exiles have a chance at starting a new life away from us.

The last of our scouts returned home just as the dinner bell rang and were stood down. Their sleds will be repurposed as they take a well-deserved rest.

Sir, while prospecting the safe route to Shipwreck Camp, one of our people almost fell into a hidden crevasse. We checked the surroundings and unfortunately discovered that the whole area is full of such dangers. We could build bridges over them to secure the route or just mark this part as dangerous and hope that people will notice the signs.

The builders ran into a hazard towards the end of the construction of the Shipwreck Camp road. Unfortunately we did not have the materials on hand to do more than put up some warning signs. Regardless, the route is now complete, and our friends sent a word of thanks as soon as the road was connected.

The Safe Route is ready! This will make safe travel between our settlementsmuch faster, so in the case of an emergency we will be able to support each other. From now on we will be sending you shipments of resources every other day. Let's hope we'll both prosper.

Great news!

NBD 25

I have been thinking about our relations with all of our Frostland friends. We have now established safe routes between New Bastion and both Hot Springs and Shipwreck Camp, and I have let Children's Mine know about the deals previously made with the other settlements. Out of the three, Shipwreck Camp is the only one that I would consider completely Loyal to us against New London; the other two may still remain Neutral in our conflict.

Early in the morning we sent Shipwreck Camp the materials they need to construct an infirmary of their own. If we do fight alongside them, they may need it soon.

Sir, one of our people in Hot Springs has died and the locals want to use his body as crop fertiliser, just like they do with their own dead. I have one of his friends on the line.
"Hallo? Sir? They want to compost Frank, those sick bastards! Sir, please, don't let them do it! They will take offence, but gently caress their feelings!"

Bewley was on the line from Hot Springs earlier, and I had to be the bearer of bad news. The committee representatives decided that we need to ensure the loyalty of Hot Springs in the coming days, and today that means doing things their way in their home.

The foremost issue with Children's Mine is their low level of development - even were they fully on our side against New London they simply do not have much to offer us without their mines working. We sent them the resources needed to reopen the mines.

Some of the chaps from Shipwreck Camp have had experience with braziers similar to ours from their time constructing the Generators. With their help we have been increasing the temperature and range of our braziers, to the delight of everybody!

Even more delightful, we have decreed the cookhouse will set aside a portion of the Hot Springs' crop each day for fermentation. It is no Bordeaux, but you will not be hearing me complain!

I had nearly forgotten with everything else that has occurred since then, but thankfully I am not in charge of resource allocation! The infrastructure repairs at Hot Springs will ensure we do continue to receive their crops.

NBD 26

The seeds I planted in the minds at Children's Mine have grown - they have seen how safe and regular trade has benefitted our relations with our other friends and they now desire a road as well.

After rebuilding of our coal mine we can think about connecting our settlements with a safe route that will let us travel without fear of getting stranded in the snow. If you build it, we will send you a shipment of Coal every other day.

Your engineers found out that someone sabotaged one of the pumps heating the hothouses. Some crops were lost and it will take at least a day to resume food production.
We believe this to be the doing of New London or their sympathisers. We are anxious that if they do this again and cripple the food production, we might starve. To prevent this, we should work together even closer than before. Do you agree?

Yes, let's set up joint watches

Sir, one of our families complains that their heirlooms brought from London before the collapse were stolen. They saw two men from Shipwreck Camp near their home and they demand that you take action immediately. They want you to send these people back to where they came from.

Without the Guards of New London keeping an eye on our every move we have freedom, but sometimes that can mean we are vulnerable to those with bad intentions. Hot Springs and New Bastion were both struck today. We will need to come together to ensure the safety of our own communities. As for our own troublemakers, we will refrain from any hasty judgments until conclusive evidence is found.

Part of that is ensuring that people likely to cause trouble together are separated!

We had the law signed for the production of prosthetics but not the facility required to do so until now. We might also build an automaton, if the desire or need struck us.

NBD 27

Five days only remain ere New London's ultimatum. Still we have heard nothing from them. Still we know nothing of their intentions.

We have encountered an unforeseen obstacle. Huge masses of snow have accumulated on the mountainside right over the planned safe route. We can trigger the avalanche, but cleaning up the snow will take a lot of time and some resources. If we choose to ignore the danger, it might come back to bite us later.

With the final segment of road to Children's Mine safely completed, all that is left is for them to receive and build the depot upgrade to allow them to receive our vehicles before we can declare the safe route complete!

If violence is inevitable, we must be prepared to prioritize lives when it comes to the wounded of New Bastion and New London alike.

Sir, the missing heirlooms, which were supposedly stolen by people from Shipwreck Camp, were found. It turns out that children took them to use as props in their puppet theatre. Word will get out sooner or later, but should we do something about it?

Our Shipwreck Camp allies may be... uncouth, but they are staunch and stalwart allies. We were wrong to have suspected them of the mischief our own children caused.

Our days of late have been consumed with improving the camps - and attitudes - of our potential comrades. Our construction team had already made it home when the Children's Mine got their depot ready to receive our hauler, marking the official completion of our new transportion network!

Our settlements are now connected with a Safe Route. Thanks to it, we will be able to help each other quickly if the need arises. This will give us all a sense of security. From now on we will be sending you shipments of resources every other day. May you use it for the good of both our people.

Great news!

NBD 28

Four days remaining. Henry and Mr. Dynham nearly got in a fistfight over tea this morning - the interminable silence from New London is nearly worse than the waiting. Do they mean by it to frighten and demoralize us?

After the coal mine was rebuilt, the amount of work needed to extract coal fell radically. Some children have nothing to do and are wandering aimlessly or playing the whole day. Working kids are envious of that and attempt to take away their food, claiming that they don't deserve it. We don't know what to do about that. There's clearly "you don't work, you don't eat" sentiment around here.

Build and man a cookhouse

Children's Mine is not happy about our solution, but we see little recourse but to send some of our own adults to keep the peace among the children. Not long after, another missive confirmed our suspicion that they require supervision.

There was some commotion among the kids and it took us a while to sort it out, but we've found out that three children are missing. Other kids said they went to play, but nobody has seen them for at least a day. Finally one child admitted that they sneaked into the mine. We have to find them quickly. Your people formed a rescue party, but they don't know this mine as well as the kids. A few of the bigger boys offered to guide them.

Let's save them together

With the old Winterhome coal mine reopened and the recent upgrades to our own, we no longer need to rely on coal thumpers to supplement our fuel. We have dismantled them and sent the 20 workers previously assigned there to Hot Springs.
News from Children's Mine - let us hope it is good news.

Sir, our team reports that they found the lost kids near a collapsed shaft almost immediately. They were hungry, thirsty, and scared, but otherwise unharmed. Our young guides were so confident about where to look in this labyrinth that my men grew suspicious. One of the younger kids said something about a test, but was immediately silenced by the others.

Glad we could help

Children! I am grateful every day that Henry and I never had any before the winter set in. Merci à la Bienheureuse Vierge Marie.
They have a cookhouse established, but no stable food source other than what we are sending them. Our food source is reliant in turn on Hot Springs. We are sending the materials for Children's Mine to build a hothouse on site, a facility we have not been able to establish at New Bastion thanks to the foundation of sheer granite beneath us.

NBD 29

The time draws nearer. Last night I dreamed the side of the mountain was torn away and fell, our entire city atop it, into the sea. Of course the sea is nowhere near us - of course, there is no sea any more. We have time for one last ballot to be cast before it is time to make contact with New London again.

What final Law(s) will we pass as an independent settlement?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

How the gently caress do you have low favour with Hot Springs when we've been cranking out upgrade after upgrade for them?

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Voted for no new laws.

The Children's Mine reminds me of Little Lamplight from Fallout 3.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

NBD 29 (2nd Entry)

As solid as the mountain we are built atop, that is what the defense committee assures us we are. They promise that the natural terrain will take away any advantage an invader could possibly have should we be attacked, and that we can stand up to any assault indefinitely. Of course, we would starve within the week should it come to a siege.

No new laws have been selected. I have been making what final overtures to the other settlements as can be made.

New Bastion, greetings. What is it that you wanted to talk about?

How can we help you?

Your engineers insist on installing pumps and building more proper housing. However, to grow enough food to cover needs of both settlements - and to guard against another sabotage attempt - we will need even more people.

That'd be great

How can we help you?

The only way to raise Wood production for trade is to build a proper Sawmill. We'd also need Charcoal Kilns to turn the surplus of Wood into Coal and heat our homes.

We will think about it

New Bastion, it's good to hear from you. What is it?

How can we help you?

We need basic food security. There aren't any animals nearby, but Hothouses should be enough to support us. We can produce a small surplus of coal - if you want it, you'll need to build the Trading Depot to connect our settlements. And coal extraction can be further increased if we expand the shafts. What do you say?

We will think about it

Our medical staff reports from Shipwreck Camp: "These people are hardened and skilled workers. Their bodies carry numberous scars from injuries suffered while working in dangerous and sometimes toxic conditions. Nevertheless, they seem surprisingly healthy, although many of them currently suffer from various maladies caused by malnutrition and bad living conditions.

The staff of the new Shipwreck Camp infirmary has completed a report on the health of their charges. Though nobody is saying anything about it either way, I suspect that an unspoken motivation for this report is to assess the fighting capability of our closest allies.

NBD 30

Last night Henry awoke with a start so violent it woke not only me but most of the rest of our bunkmates as well. He did not offer much in the way of explanation or apology, but from the way he stayed up until morning I suspect his dreams have been as troubled as my own of late.

With steel from New Bastion and Children's Mine, wood from Hot Springs and Shipwreck Camp, and the combined knowledge of all of our settlements, improvements can be made that will benefit all of us.

Sir, some of the older children want to go to New London to check if their parents are still there. This would leave some of the workplaces unstaffed. We can't keep an eye on all of all the time, so if you want to keep the extraction up, you'll have to send more people - either to watch them or as their replacements.

Send replacements

Some of the children from the Mine wish to mount a trek to New London. We cannot afford to outfit such a foolhardy expedition, but stopping them from leaving will only lead to resentment and distraction. Some workers from the soon to be obsolete gathering posts are sent, ostensibly as replacements, but they will keep an eye out for the well-being of the kids as they cross paths in Frostland.

Sir, as you might have noticed, coal shipments from Children's Mine are uneven. This isn't due to any technical difficulties, some kids just can't focus. They sometimes play all day and work just a couple of hours. Should we try to make them keep to the working hours or let them plan their time?

Let the children be children, I say - their assistance is appreciated but a few late shipments will not cause us to freeze!

The fire has seriously damaged many buildings and we are now sure that it was arson. We don't know who did it or why, but we'll find out and deal with them. This kind of stupid poo poo serves no one, and we won't let it happen again.
We have to ask you for resources to repair the damage. We could do much more with some proper planning and engineering, but that will take a lot of time and resources that we can't ask you for.

We will help you rebuild

NBD 31

My name was drawn in the Warehouse lottery, and so I was occupied all of the last night with an emergency shift hauling steel and steam cores. The Warehouse runs nearly non-stop these days, only taking such breaks as it is still legally obliged to.

Although we have promised to assist Shipwreck Camp in rebuilding, the cold truth is we cannot afford to allocate so many of our resources to them while our other potential allies remain unconvinced. We will help them to rebuild - it may just not be as immediate as they would prefer.

Sir, I'm sorry to report that the first hothouse crop was wasted. Children wanted the plants to grow so badly that they overwatered them and the roots rotted. We might assign adults to hothouse work or give the kids a second chance and teach them how to care for plants.

The children will not learn if we take over every time they make a mistake. The Mine may be our future - its inhabitants will need to know how to take care of themselves after we are gone. The trust we have shown them lately has caused their attitude to warm considerably towards us, as they are assured we are not out to exploit and control others in the way of New London.

Kids who went to New London returned sick and hungry. They weren't allowed to enter or even get close to the city. The fate of their parents remains unknown.

There are element of relief and trepidation at the news of the miner children's return. Did New London take them for spies and saboteurs? What other reason would they have to turn away their own children?

NBD 32

Last night, the lookouts spotted something new on the horizon - a transport from New London.

Sir, a large group of people is heading to our city from New London! We don't know their intentions, but we must assume that it's the vanguard of the punitive expedition. The moment of truth is coming, this will be the test of our resolve!

In just over twelve hours, the expedition from New London will arrive. The lookouts estimate the transport to hold around fifty. We still have not been able to make contact with the city.

Sir, our team in Hot Springs reports that repainr ghte damage from the geyser eruption, they found out that we are most likely responsible for this disaster. Apparently when we fixed the pumps, we disturbed the flow of water underground. Some locals already consider the eruption nature's punishment for bringing technology to Hot Springs. What should we do?

Despite being the first settlement we made contact with outside of New London, Hot Springs have taken the longest to warm up to us due to the differences in our cultures. However, after a genuine official apology for the accident which resulted in so many dead and injured, they are finally beginning to warm to us. Who could have known that this would be what it would take?

Now, in collaboration with the people of Hot Springs and in deference to their ways and values, we are installing a new set of pumps which will not disrupt their way of life, nor the waters, as badly.

The transport from New London is nearly upon us. I will report back as soon as I am able, dear diary.

That's no punitive expedition - these are ordinary people! Their delegates are here to ask for help:
"We fled the hunger and chaos of New London. Everything is falling apart there - healthcare, the Coal supply, and even the Generator. The administration just argues over what to do and no decisions are made. Help us, please. You're our only hope."
Some of our people, recognising their friends and relatives among the refugees, are embracing them and taking them home. We have no choice - we must welcome them.

They were no soldiers or even ambassadors from New London, but refugees! Things have apparently collapsed since we last spoke with New London, and these people fled to the only safe haven around that they knew of. We now have fifty new mouths to feed, many of them ill.
Still New London says nothing.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Good thing we overbuilt medical resources!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Someone blew up the Generator didn't they.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Someone blew up the Generator didn't they.

This is what comes of following the "Do something, even if it's wrong" leadership strategy.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Truly, once we stopped yelling at the captain about pleasure horses, all was lost.

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
Question should we had known about the problems since it wasn't that long before we left New London.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

BassMug posted:

pleasure horses
:bighow:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Look at this dweeb who hasn't read the thread from the beginning.

Someone misspelled pleasure house as pleasure horse once, and the goons gooned about it.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Someone was gooning to horses?! :gonk:

:v:

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

President Ark posted:

Someone was gooning to horses?! :gonk:

:v:

SA ya'll!

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Philippe posted:

Look at this dweeb who hasn't read the thread from the beginning.

Someone misspelled pleasure house as pleasure horse once, and the goons gooned about it.

Philippe posted:

Horse of Pleasure

"Someone"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I forgot that it was me, whoops.