Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

kliras posted:

give amazon some credit, there has to be at least a little bit of money-laundering to justify this

https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1651596852142260224

Worth noting as well this garbage show that's likely used for corporate financial fuckery is conveniently named the same as a big financial player that had shady rear end and likely illegal stuff going on with Bezos/Amazon. Some show about nebulous shady stuff and crimes and all that.Now what happens when you search for Citadel Amazon etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Pillowpants posted:

What are you referring to ? The theories aboUT AMC?

These are the most relevant things of gathered information I can currently find and try to outline and get into specifics on how the mechanics of it work; if you're automatically disregarding anything the reddit 'apes' etc say then idk. It's a lot of disparate information but it does seem to sync up with the overall thing going on of vulture capitalism looting America for all it's worth right now and the driving down of wages with layoffs etc despite record high profits, the WGA stuff currently going on, etc.

I am not saying 'this is all truth' but at least people bothered to pull together information to try and figure out what's going on; my only opinion if you smell poo poo something probably stinks, dig? I have no personal or emotional attachment to any of this except the deep-soul revulsion of capitalism in general and the grinding of the human spirit into paste to make numbers go up and make people suffer so sicko billionaire sadists can get their jollies.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GME/comments/ngafr3/hedge_funds_stole_the_american_economy_created/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/np33hr/amazon_bain_capital_and_citadel_bust_out_the/

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Snowy posted:

Happy for the writers, optimistic for the actors.

Spoilered for negativity amidst happy news. Don’t read it
Pessimistic about my own union fighting for pay increases and safety/quality of life improvements. Our membership loves undermining our own collective power. Work will start back up and it’ll be the same as before, only more rushed. I will be happy to get paid but don’t share the desire to unquestioningly work myself to death that so many of my brothers and sisters have.

Same, and.. well, I was part of a strike action a couple years ago, and.. I am hesitant to even publicly put anywhere what I think actually happened. Even on this dead gay forum. But I don't think the striking workers were.. given the right kind of advice and recommendations from the union leadership outside the company. Contract wasn't any better than it was initially, and the initial stuff was really not great for the job we were doing. Read between the lines for what I think happened.

Really glad to see the WGA pulling this off, and I absolutely believe in and support unions regardless of my personal experience with a local.

Been trying to push my CG VFX friend who's worked in the industry with suggestions of unionizing stuff, and his response (and I think by and large the CG VFX community's) is 'Yeah they'll just fire us all and outsource overseas'. Which is unfortunately probably what would actually happen, regardless of end product quality hits that would result.

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 25, 2023