Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Was this the same interview where he was like "if your parents are MAGA they need to just go run the car in the garage" or whatever? Nobody's doing it like him, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Wouldn't that just make him a riff on Tony Stark?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Barring "Purple Lamborghini", the Joker doesn't have a theme song, nor is he snarky.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Grendels Dad posted:

Ah, so a sequel to Seven Samurai.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Sony learned this lesson and gets reliable returns on their dogshit Sinister Six movies.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Anti-Life equation being written out like that is because it's a comic book.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Grendels Dad posted:

Hasn't Hopkins, like, won Oscars recently? If he is doing a "One for you, one for me" kind of thing, I honestly can't say which are the ones he does for himself, and that's pretty awesome.

Olivia Coleman is in the latest lovely Marvel show.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vintersorg posted:

Secret Invasion is loving terrible.

It's notably bad.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It makes Moon Knight look like god, the best thing they've done in forever was Werewolf By Night.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, I assumed that went without saying.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Darko posted:

It's funny that there were certain posters here who were huge supporters of Armond White who just quietly forgot him. I'm still "friends" with him on FB just for the train wreck and he tries so, so hard to fit in with the Right Wing.

I haven't forgot him, there just aren't that many movies worth talking about these days.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Chairman Capone posted:

Was Armond White ever a big Snyder defender? I can imagine it as part of his contrarian shtick but I don't really remember his name ever coming up in the Snyder Wars, and I'm sure a lot of people would have jumped on him defending Snyder as evidence of Snyder's evilness.

Famously so, yeah.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I thought I couldn't make Dawn of the Dead as a straight remake because the movie is social commentary and so I wanted to make a comment on the comment, you know what I mean?

https://letterboxd.com/ifccenter/story/sucker-punch-an-interview-with-zack-snyder/

Very funny Snyder interview here, right off the bat they start talking about FRANCES (1982) dir. Graeme Clifford

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Sure, but that's what a movie is.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's hard to impress upon someone how seriously "zombies don't run" was taken at the time, lol. Totally absurd discourse.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

JonathonSpectre posted:

drat 28 Weeks Later is good, the way the outbreak gets re-started in Britain is loving ridiculous even for a zombie movie but everything else (especially the ending!) is just great.

28 Weeks Later just looked ahead and saw Brexit.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Simply Simon posted:

I'm sorry I cannot for the life of me imagine taking a "Professor Zoom" seriously lmao is his superpower being fun in online meetings?

The name of the character is The Flash, what do you want?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

McSpanky posted:

I put on The Two Jakes last night, then got too tired to finish it and watched the last ~50 minutes this morning, did I just commit some great cinematic crime?

If you can make it through you get a cookie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
All of the media appearances in BVS are media people bickering with each other, a straight crib from Dark Knight Returns. Not a single one of them is as dated or jarring as Iron Man 2 or Star Trek TV shows or the Simpsons pausing to kiss Elon Musk's rear end.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yes. Good grief. First Contact had the foresight to only suck off Zefram Cochran.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The best newsperson cameo ever is Ernie Anastos in Without Warning.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Maybe he's just a stranger on the bus.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

wyoming posted:

Nancy Grace in BvS pales in comparison to Missi Pyle as Nancy Grace in Gone Girl.

There should have been a movie with Missi Pyle as fake Nancy Grace and possibly Tyler Perry as Alex Cross.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Honestly, the real take is that Justice League is not a good title.

Justice League and The Avengers are extremely stupid names.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Of all the goofy stuff people swear he should adapt (Gears of War :barf:), Eastman and Laird TMNT is literally exactly what they mean. Frank Miller parody that is so over the top it comes out the other end.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Miching Mallecho posted:

The flamethrower gag is in the comic too. :lol:

As is the song selection.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

josh04 posted:

Hey there! I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the movie as much as you expected. However, I’m glad to hear that you found the visuals to be outstanding. It’s always great to see a movie that is visually stunning.

It’s interesting that you mentioned that the movie seems like it was written by A.I. and that it borrows heavily from other movies like Star Wars, Warhammer 40K, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Matrix, and Avatar. While it’s true that many movies borrow elements from other movies, it’s important to remember that every movie is unique in its own way. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the art direction and that it was refreshing to see a new Sci Fi world that doesn’t rely on source material.

Overall, it sounds like you enjoyed the movie despite its flaws. It’s great to see fresh Sci Fi ideas in big budget movies, and I’m excited to see where they go from here. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Lmao.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Widows does have an excellent example of that scene.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Schwarzwald posted:

The Creator was loving excellent.

That's right.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

RBA Starblade posted:

I mean, I'd do that. I like money

I sure do like that Batman, sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Necrothatcher posted:

The Alan Moore Majestic run is top tier Superman stories in disguise.

You mean Supreme, no?