Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I wanna dedicate this thread to everyone who said the Snyder Cut wasn’t real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Army of the Dead is good.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
What the hell does “no Superman film has been a complete success save the original” mean

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I've probably said this before but the main thing that bothers me about the upcoming DCU is that Gunn talks a big game about it being "creator-driven" but it's not, it's IP-driven. He opened with a bunch of IPs they're doing and they'll fill in the creators later. If he said "We gave Zach Creggar his choice of any DC IP to adapt, he hasn't decided what yet so we don't know, but look forward to that" that would be exciting. Instead he's telling us all "All-Star Superman and Creature Commandos are happening and we'll figure out who's directing them later."

His main goal is clearly to adapt the Marvel model to DC, which is very exciting to a certain kind of nerd I'm sure, but that model itself is starting to wear thin on audiences and by the time we get to Superman versus The Authority I'm not sure they're still gonna be interested. Marvel fans love to crow about how "superhero fatigue isn't real!" but then even the best-reviewed MCU movies make less than their predecessor and The Flash makes 70% on RT and still might be the biggest bomb of the year. He's sprinting with complete confidence headfirst into a brick wall.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Aipsh posted:

This is also why Batfleck was 100% right,

Huh? No he wasn't. Wayne was acting with an ideology of zero faith, and had no trust in Superman to do the right thing. Lex was correct about one thing, which is that "you can be all-powerful or all-good, but not both," and Superman sacrificing himself at the end means he chose to be the latter. Batman literally quotes Dick Cheney when he explains why he needs to treat Superman like a threat instead of a boon. He ends the movie by saying "I failed him!"

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
A vast majority of Warcraft’s gross was China while it relatively flopped domestically, which unfortunately wasn’t good enough for The Accountants That Be.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Half the purpose of the joke is to cause a reaction and getting all bent out of shape about it would play into that.

It’s a lame joke but whatever, remember when Harley Quinn said the Snyder Cut was never coming out

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Otherwise, the dispiriting implication is that the person sees conspiracist fascism as merely a cultural threat and not a socioeconomic threat.

It would be in line with the rest of the movie, which is mostly concerned on the effects patriarchy has on pop culture and not the actual rights of women.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Blood Boils posted:

Beavis still made lots of money but it doesn't matter, anymore than popularity does who the gently caress cares about that poo poo

All that matters for a movie is that it's good

https://twitter.com/gregsilverman/status/1686034340323667968

Snowman_McK posted:

Lindsay Ellis is generally pretty good at analysing and thinking about film,

...arguable

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Like furries, D&D 4e or the Satanic Panic,

Getting the sense that one of these is not like the others.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
It seems like the lesson Netflix learned from the ZSJL fiasco is not "people want to see Snyder's original unfiltered intent" but "people love alternate cuts." I gotta be honest I'm ride or die for Zack but I don't know if I can do the theatrical cut of part one, the director's cut of part one, the theatrical of part two, and then the director's cut of part two. I might just wait till January.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

James Woods posted:

I'm not privy to whether a Snyder Cut was their initial intention but if they did release one I would definitely watch it. I will say that I'm not a particular Snyder fan but this was my favorite of his movies behind Dawn of the Dead and maybe Watchmen. I wish you could have seen the cut of Army of the Dead with the pedophile instead of the lesbian helicopter pilot. I told Netflix that he was my favorite part of the movie then a couple months later before release, whelp.....

That is indeed the case. They’re doing R-rated director’s cuts of each later on.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

checkplease posted:

Now we just need some neck snapping in avatar.

Still waiting on that Kyoshi prequel series.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Aces High posted:

They added a bunch of new stuff with Kyoshi, so we do get to see her kicking some rear end

In the Netflix show!? Better than the original confirmed.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Round and round we go.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Martman posted:

Could superman kill a dog if it was really evil?

This is my pitch for League of Super-Pets 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
It’s really a shame that “The Flash Enters the Speed Force” has been memed to death because that scene is the exact melding of tearjerker and fist-pumping that comic books are at their best and has finally supplanted the train scene in Spider-Man 2 as the best scene in any superhero movie