Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

teagone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYvD3fXslnI

Not a fan of this particular YTer, but this video never gets old :sickos:

Lmao, the projection from these morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

well why not posted:

godly thread title and OP

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Another thing that I really love about ZSJL is how much the heroes compliment each other in fight scenes. Superman is clearly the powerhouse, and it helps to have him absent for most of the Steppenwolf fight. However, the way everyone has a role to play makes it play out so well when watching. It also makes you appreciate the power differences, and how awesome it is when somebody steps in to pick up another's slack. Batman, despite his tech and his planning, is clearly outmatched in that final fight with Steppenwolf and the Parademons. He'd be dead many times over, but Wonder Woman keeps leaping to his rescue. It makes that moment where Batman grabs a Parademon defense cannon and give Wonder Woman some cover so great. Along with his curt nod as if to say, "I've got your back, too." It's so great.

Neo Rasa posted:

The presentation of the scenes of Silas' recorded talk to Cyborg and the way Cyborg crushes the tape right as Silas says he's now going to speak to him as a father early on and then reassembles it to get the rest of the message at the end and how Cyborg's story and Silas' speech and his explanation to the league about how the mother boxes work and the way that paralleled the rest of the league forming (and how we get like an evil version of it from Lex in one of the epilogues) was loving awesome. After what a nothing character Cyborg was in the poo poo version of this movie from a few years earlier it was crazy to see how much he was the dramatic heart of the movie.

What they did to Cyborg/Ray Fisher is loving criminal. His performance is amazing, and it should have been the start of a great career. gently caress WB, and gently caress Joss Whedon.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Schwarzwald posted:

That's how they beat Darkseid.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Mr. Apollo posted:

Yeah, he's saying "I made a movie this way but it the majority of audiences wanted their superhero movies made that way.".

I think Greg Silverman said it nicely:

https://twitter.com/gregsilverman/status/1479141885008482306?s=20

This should not be left at the bottom of the last page

Because it's a very true statement

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

What's fun about BvS is that you see the mental toll that being a superhero takes on Clark and Bruce. Clark is uncomfortable with how people see him as some kind of god, either lording above lowly humans or some benevolent force of nature. He knows he's only one person and not perfect. Bruce has just been beat to poo poo during his war on crime in Gotham, and is now forced to admit that there is a potential threat out there who could crush him like an ant. And to add insult to injury, this "Superman" who could stop suffering but chooses not to has the audacity to tell him to stop his war.

It rules.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

CelticPredator posted:

I know how to fix the scene for everyone who hates it

lmfao

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

He was a good choice for Supes, and thank you CW for paying respects to Zaddy.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

*As Superman leaves LexCorp tower to find Batman and try to save his mother...*

"Now I know you can hear me, Superman! It's Lex Luthor, the man who bent you to his will! You've got super hearing, after all. Kill the Batman, or I kill Martha Kent!"

*When Superman first lands and sees Batman...*

"They're gonna kill her, Superman! They're going to kill Martha!"

*As Superman is getting hit with Kryptonite."

"Tick tock, tick tock, Man of Steel. Martha dies if you don't kill Batman!"

*As Batman is about to stab Superman.*

"Just remember, if time runs out then they're going to kill Martha!"

Superman, completely spent from getting beat up and sapped by Kryptonite, manages to groan out, "They're going...to kill...Martha!"

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Vintersorg posted:

His head is so tiny.

It's because he is so beefy

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I mean, they even included that kind of banter in the actual movie!

Batman: It's okay. I'm a friend of your son's.

Martha Kent: I figured. The cape?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Blood Boils posted:

I never liked that bit, it's way more forced than the "is she with you?" quips

It's comic book stuff in a comic book movie, so I forgave it.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Randomly watched the Batman rescues Martha scene and goddamn does it kick rear end. I can’t believe we’re not going to get an entire movie of that.

That final encounter with KGBeast rules

"Drop it... I SAID DROP IT! I'll kill her! BELIEVE ME, I'LL DO IT!"

"I believe you."

*boom*

It's so good. Batfleck loving owns so hard, and he's definitely my favorite live action version. To keep the Snyderverse living, I use that skin when playing Arkham Knight. It just feels right given the brutality of combat.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

It also owns that people don't just line up to fight him, but you also have goons who hesitate because they see how badly their buddies just got hosed up.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

The one he plants through the floor was just bruuuuutal.

Great sound work in there, too.

Especially as the guy still has the knife in his leg, too

The Virgin Baleman

vs

The Chad Batfleck

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

McCloud posted:

The neat thing about this is that Batman shoots the gas tank, so if KGBeast hadn't pulled the trigger he wouldn't have fried himself

Exactly. Just like another Batman said, he won't kill you. But he doesn't have to save you.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

To be completely fair to Batman, they DID shoot first.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

MacheteZombie posted:

The scenes are badass and that's all I care about

:agreed:

And they look like comic book splash pages, which is why I can't understand the hate for his style in this medium. He's making the comic books come to life, and he's doing it while making these complex, high operatic movies that lovingly draw on the source while referring to art and mythology. He is the best, and I will never forgive WB for robbing the world of seeing his DC Cycle come to a close.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

YggdrasilTM posted:

Mostly because they don't. They looks like comic books splash pages, yes

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

In all seriousness, I get it if you don't like someone's style. I hate Wes Anderson's style. The settings are pretty and usually colorful, but everything around them feels lifeless and depressing (usually due to the story). I'm depressed in real life, so I don't go to movies to experience what I already do every day of my life. It's my own personal reaction and subjective opinion about Anderson's films. It's okay to not like something. It's just that your explanation was really weird and kind of funny.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

ankitojha posted:

I thought of introducing myself here but like… I think I created a new post entirely in CinemaDiscusso and now I want to drown.

Oh hello by the way lol

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I can't bring myself to see The Flash. It's a slap in the face of Snyder's work, and looks like something put together by the idiot writers/execs parodied in the Screen Rant pitch meetings.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Grendels Dad posted:

I wouldn't care about what the movie does with Snyder's work if it actually, you know, looked good. So far it only has car crash appeal, and I like the character of The Flash too much to waste my time and money on watching him be in the movie equivalent of late-era WCW.

The Flash movie is preventing us from seeing a movie with Jack Kirby's New Gods---a genius take on the New Gods---from being made. That's why I care about what it does with Snyder's work.

Name Change posted:

All of you are going to pay money to watch it

Lol, nah.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

CelticPredator posted:

Didn’t that get canned a long time ago

Also idk if it would be any good. Was that other movie ava duvernay good? I thought that movies did so bad that everyone quietly said nooo

I meant more Zack's take on the Apokoliptians, like Darkseid and Desaad. The design was an amazing blend of Kirby's art with an alien feel. Not as bright or colorful, but you could still see Kirby's weirdness.

I just wanted to see the Justice League fight Darkseid's legions in live action. At least I got to see a glimpse of it in ZSJL.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

A Wrinkle in Time was not well received but the costuming was on point.

Was she going to take the classic operatic Kirby track or do the Nix Uotan schizo homeless commune thing?

I would really hope that it would be Kirby's space opera with a little of Snyder's alien take dashed into it. However, I just want to see more Boom Tubes and crazy machines.

Every one of these screams to be adapted for the big screen.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Armaghetto is just great.

Darkseid is just living his best life, having a bunch of Lowlies roll out a carpet for him as he surveys his domain.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Someone with computer, edit this so that it’s Jor-El kicking Zod into the phantom zone

lol, YES

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

This might be kind of a deep cut and just coincidence, but I was looking at Man of Steel video essays on YouTube to pass time, and stumbled on one talking about Zod. I found this page of Kirby's drawings of Orion:

And the design of Orion's true face, how he resembles Darkseid, is pretty similar to Zod's MoS appearance:

I don't know if it's intentional, but I thought that was pretty cool. Orion is the Dog of War, and Zod was engineered to be Krypton's greatest warrior.

(Here is the video if you're interested in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqvEGwuyKkM, it talks about the depth of Zod as a villain and how MoS weaves elements of environmentalism and cultural diaspora into the story)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

He's doing his good friend Desaad a solid. Everyone is going to want a pair of Killing Gloves once they see Darkseid wearing them.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

2house2fly posted:

Michael Shannon is the best. I loved one time when an interview veered into talking about Trump and they asked something like "would you like to play that guy, explore his inner suffering, imagine what he's thinking when he's lying in bed at night" and Shannon said "he has no inner suffering, he's having a wonderful time, when he's in bed he's probably thinking he wants a cheeseburger"

Shannon is a legend

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

checkplease posted:

Full penetration cut.

Dennis Reynolds would be proud

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Blood Boils posted:

Just by trying to make good capeshit Zack inevitably set up Joss to kill his own career and now Zack's remaking Whedon's baby, how do nerds not love this guy??

Because those same nerds were Whedon stans

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

He's right. Man of Steel is so loving good, and Shannon kills in every scene he's in.

EVERY scene.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

McCloud posted:

The one canon event I'm willing to accept

Also that reminds me of David Sandbergs best tweet

https://twitter.com/ponysmasher/status/1405969227467706372?t=Hr1-rJQk7XG9EljfnpI1JQ&s=19

lmao

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Just finished watching MoS (didn't realize it was made 10 years ago), and it's so perfect. I love everything about it. The nods to Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom chronicles, the chitinous/insectoid design of Kryptonian ships, the chemistry between Clark and Lois, and the gravity behind Zod. It's such a human story, and I like how it seems to emphasize that the stoic character Clark puts up as Kal-El is just a facade. It's not who he is. He's Clark, someone who cares and someone who struggles, and Cavill plays him perfectly.

I'm going to watch BvS next, and cap it off with ZSJL.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

McSpanky posted:

One of us, one of us

I may not have the gangtag, but I'm a Sicko at heart

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Schwarzwald posted:

Before I provide an answer: is Kurt Angle added to this mix?

Depends. Are we involving Samoa Joe and the Big Bad Booty Daddy?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Space Fish posted:

Is Big Bad Booty Daddy different from Daddy rear end?
8< >8 SCISSOR ME, NAM EK!

Yeah:

Daddy rear end

Big Bad Booty Daddy

MacheteZombie posted:

Imagine the colonoscopic camera work opportunities

Gotta get David Ayer to direct and that goon obsessed with Margot Robbie's colon to shoot it

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Neo Rasa posted:

[Martian Manhunter bumping the mic] "NO fuckin' way this guy gets a superhero name before I do"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot of people are really thrown by Cyborg's whole arc being around him being disabled. I remember one essay that got really weird without seeming to get that metaphor, and described him as 'castrated'.

Those are the same people who watched Starship Troopers and missed the fascism subtext.