Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Batman: "Tell me something, do you bleed? You will!"
Superman: "Manners!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Grendels Dad posted:

Fight me then, the thing with the bats and the aristocracy and nocturnal activity is super superficial! Dracula is weak against stuff, just like Superman. What's Batman weak to, bullets?

Batman getting stabbed with a kryptonite spear is going to hurt him, and Batman is just as weak to magic as Superman.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

ghostwritingduck posted:

Is Rebel Moon getting a decent theater release? It feels crazy to have a director who is known for visuals not getting the big theatrical releases.

Flash was fun enough, but using Zod was a giant misstep because everything about him was infinitely worse than MOS.

They cut his "I've sailed across an ocean of stars" line! Unforgiveable.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Aipsh posted:

I keep seeing tweets like this:

https://twitter.com/Gh0stAnd0r/status/1670556574400774144?s=20

and I'm like oh man I loving hate all these. I genuinely preferred the first suicide squad to the Gunn one.

I feel that. But I was not a Snyder fan for the longest time either so I keep reminding myself of that and try to keep an open mind. But I really don't like Gunn's work.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Blood Boils posted:

And it's not like haters are always clear about what their actual problems with Snyder's interpretation of Superman even are! When it's total falsehoods like "never smiles" or "not in color" we kinda have to guess at what they mean (the tone/plot or the aesthetic, etc)

I think it means they heard some words from film twitter/talking heads on youtube and are compelled to parrot them.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Jon Stewart had left The Daily Show the year prior, so even when that film was released, it was weird seeing him in BvS.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

The Good, the Bat, and the Ugly.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Jimbot posted:

Superman tends to be the least interesting character in his own stories.

I say this as a Snyder fan, but I was really feeling this on my last Man of Steel rewatch. I'm no professional critic, but it struck me how little Henry had to say in Man of Steel - he's more of a shadow over the story, and I wish we had spent some more time with him and his character.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

No Luck Needed posted:

not killing is what makes them heroes. When you have all the power that superman does, not killing is what makes his actions to defeat villains heroic. In theory, not in practice, Batman wants to help reform his villains. By making them killers it takes away the hero aspect of super-heroes and just makes them super-beings. Why would the world celebrate superman as a hero if he was a killer?

That's literally the plot of Batman V Superman, Lex Luthor trying to coerce Superman into killing and challenging the notion of being "all good."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Are they seriously going to release part 2 of Rebel Moon before the director's cut of 1? I've been holding out this whole time.