Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Watched Oscars last night and noticed no one won a best cheer or fan favorite award. Synder still reigns supreme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Schwarzwald posted:

The Creator was loving excellent.

That's right.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Much as I like Snyder, Gareth Edwards really ate his lunch this time with The Creator. Rebel Moon: Gore Cut will have to be a complete overhaul to come even close.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Creator was just alright for me. I dunno, I think I was expecting something different. Has cool designs though. I'll need to do a rewatch probably.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I too am a hated Creatorbro.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

checkplease posted:

Watched Oscars last night and noticed no one won a best cheer or fan favorite award. Synder still reigns supreme.

Undisputed champion.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Creator was fine. I was hoping for more but it doesn’t really explore or live in its cool ideas enough for me.. felt really thin and a bit disjointed overall.

Loved the look of it though, just would’ve preferred a better execution and a richer experience.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Creator was pretty good, but then the suicide vest R2-D2s showed up and I was like alright, this is kinda great.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

No Luck Needed posted:

what? from memory rebel moon is about a lady who didnt want to be a warrior and her community being hassled for grain

heavy metal is about a mcguffen of a magic ball of power that grants power to those that posses it

Reluctant warrior is how a ton of HM stories begin. Plus a hottie rides a mythical flying creature

I meant both the magazine and related movies, it's all Heavy Metal to me!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You know what had a lot of Heavy Metal influence that nobody said anything about? The Creator. Those skylines and robot design are right out of a mid-80s issue.

Absolutely!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I've been listening to Snyder on Rogan and Snyder specifically says that the R-rated version of Rebel Moon is the Heavy Metal Magazine movie he was trying to make.

It's coming "at the end of the summer" so I imagine August/September.

He also confirmed that Netflix brought up the idea of a double drop for each movie.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Toss in another support for positive things related to the Creator from me.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

ruddiger posted:

Creator was pretty good, but then the suicide vest R2-D2s showed up and I was like alright, this is kinda great.

Suicide robot on one hand is kind of silly in that how is this at all better than missile or rocket or other projectile. But visually and thematically, it is a cool concept.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

That was the exact moment that I loved the movie. "Oh, the West doesn't use AI!" (except for the suicide bombers)

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

checkplease posted:

Suicide robot on one hand is kind of silly in that how is this at all better than missile or rocket or other projectile. But visually and thematically, it is a cool concept.

It inspires terror, like any other kind of suicide bomber. Edwards makes a hybrid that's unmanned drone and kamakaze pilot in one.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol snyder going on rogan

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

That was the exact moment that I loved the movie. "Oh, the West doesn't use AI!" (except for the suicide bombers)

I loved the machine at the airport where it was clearly just a robot person but without limbs or a head. Absolutely twisted poo poo that the characters don't give a second thought to.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Schwarzwald posted:

I loved the machine at the airport where it was clearly just a robot person but without limbs or a head. Absolutely twisted poo poo that the characters don't give a second thought to.

The guy waking up next to his own body and just trying to choke out a message to his wife while he's interrogated. The Blue Hand of Doom from the USA just sweeping over Vietnam looking for "targets". The police being literally faceless (there are no human cops in the entire movie, that I can remember). Great stuff.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

I’m surprised no one was saying this lol. Like come on Zack

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

we don't think he's a secret leftist, by and large

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Most everyone's favorites will eventually go on Rogan if they haven't yet. It sucks but what are you gonna do. :shrug:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bernie Sanders went on JRE ages ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vewjKRorasc
A few years earlier and Joe would have challenged Bernie to eat cockroaches.

And since we are talking about both Rogan and W40k on this page.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_nkpHFM104

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

as far as I know Rogan is literally the biggest talk show platform on the planet now in terms of exposure. it seems very silly reading anything into it more than that. it's like getting mad at somebody for going on Fallon

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

https://twitter.com/brndnstrssng/status/1765683637054275667?t=yPIpoeD_1zo6-P4nl9Hh1g

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Did they talk about ayn rand?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Blood Boils posted:

Did they talk about ayn rand?

Yeah. He wanted to make The Fountanhead a series. No buyers. He says that it's taboo, that it is viewed as smuggling fascist values. He and Rogan chat for a bit and Snyder admits that you can make that case with Atlas Shrugged, but that he is exclusively interested in Fountainhead and the story of that work. It's honestly a little incoherent, as an artist and a bonehead discussing politics tends to be.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 12, 2024

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Yeah I saw this clip, it's funny.

But zack goin on Rogan is also funny

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The only Rogan clips I enjoyed prior to the Snyder ones I've seen are the ones with Brian Cox (the physicist). Haven't watched the Snyder one in full yet, but seeing Snyder and Rogen together gives big protagonist/antagonist vibes to me, lmao.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

who’s pushing the narrative along

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It’s been a while since I watched Army of The Dead. Does Bautista wear tiny glasses in any part of the film? I swear I remember something to that tune early in the film.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Detective No. 27 posted:

It’s been a while since I watched Army of The Dead. Does Bautista wear tiny glasses in any part of the film? I swear I remember something to that tune early in the film.

He wears tiny glasses in Blade Runner?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

shoeberto posted:

He wears tiny glasses in Blade Runner?

Yeah he puts them on before the fight happens.

https://youtu.be/ku-zAIRXk6o?si=kUqe2WIQs5vQQgoe

I was very disappointed in no tiny glasses in Dune part 1-2. :smith:

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
the joe rogan podcast is comedy gold, Zack Snyder says that batman and superman should kill and "put his stank" on those films. Wonder why they did so bad? Batman v Superman is an embarrassment. It seems like Snyder is best at adapting a script instead of writing one himself. Should just stick to directing movies instead of trying to write them too. I guess he just likes to double dip and make more money instead of good films

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

No Luck Needed posted:

the joe rogan podcast is comedy gold, Zack Snyder says that batman and superman should kill and "put his stank" on those films. Wonder why they did so bad? Batman v Superman is an embarrassment. It seems like Snyder is best at adapting a script instead of writing one himself. Should just stick to directing movies instead of trying to write them too. I guess he just likes to double dip and make more money instead of good films

He didn't write the script for Batman V. Superman though.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

No Luck Needed posted:

You're aware that Snyder didn't write Batman v Superman, right?

He's not saying they should kill, he's saying that these are big iconic almost mythical characters that have survived for 80 years, they're resiliant enough to survive being de- and re-constructed. Putting them on a pedastal and treating them like they're gods and not challenging them (like nerds do) will just cause them to stagnate.

And looking at the state of comics for the past, oh, 20 years, it's hard to say he's wrong

Also BvS rocks

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
not killing is what makes them heroes. When you have all the power that superman does, not killing is what makes his actions to defeat villains heroic. In theory, not in practice, Batman wants to help reform his villains. By making them killers it takes away the hero aspect of super-heroes and just makes them super-beings. Why would the world celebrate superman as a hero if he was a killer?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Round and round we go.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
They didn't "do bad". Batman V Superman has the second highest box office of any Superman film. If you exclude it from the rankings because it's also a Batman film, then the second highest becomes Man Of Steel.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have to kill fast, and batarang too slow

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

No Luck Needed posted:

not killing is what makes them heroes. When you have all the power that superman does, not killing is what makes his actions to defeat villains heroic. In theory, not in practice, Batman wants to help reform his villains. By making them killers it takes away the hero aspect of super-heroes and just makes them super-beings. Why would the world celebrate superman as a hero if he was a killer?

IDK people still like Goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

No Luck Needed posted:

That final sentence is really something, dude. In your mind, Zack Snyder, the himbo jocknerd who busts his rear end on every film to get final cut and his vision across, secretly knows his movies are bad when he writes them, but he does it anyway because he just wants that extra green.

Genuinely one of the stupidest things I've read this month. I get it, you're tore up 8 years later about Batman killing, but please don't let the brain worms win.

No Luck Needed posted:

not killing is what makes them heroes.

This is literally how a nine year old thinks. It's ok if they beat people down, send them to the hospital, smash their teeth out, take the law into their own hand...they didn't kill. This entire perspective is incredibly childish, it's what they were banking on when they invented these codes back in the 40s.