Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

quote:

DDT “MEGA MAX BUMP 2023 IN YOKOHAMA”, 03/05/2023
Yokohama Budokan
2pm JST/3pm AEST/6am BST/1am EST/10pm Tuesday PST

0. Dark Match – Pheromones Vs D GENERATIONS Army Best Of 3 Singles Matches: Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno, Yumehito “Fantastic” Imanari & Koju “Shining Ball” Takeda Vs Yuki Ishida, Ilusion & Rukiya
1. Toi Kojima & Kazuma Sumi Vs Yuya Koroku & Munetatsu Nakamura
2. Daisuke Sasaki, Minoru Fujita & MJ Paul Vs Soma Takao, Yusuke Okada & Diego
3. Dance Vs Kickboxing Mixed Martial Arts Challenge: Kazuki Hirata Vs Hikaru Machida (Round Girl: Sayuri Namba)
4. Chiitan☆ Debut Match ~ Special 6-Man Tag Match: Chiitan☆, Toru Owashi & Akito Vs Chris Brookes, Masahito Takanashi & Antonio Honda
5. International Special Single Match: Saki Akai Vs Rayne Leverkusen
6. International Special Tag Match: Yuki Ueno & Yuni Vs Van Vert Jack & Takeshi Masada
7. Road To King Of DDT 2023 Special 8-Man Tag Match: Sanshiro Takagi, HARASHIMA, Kotaro Suzuki & Hideki Okatani Vs Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi, Naruki Doi & KANON
8. DDT Extreme Title – TLC (Toys, Ladders & Chairs) Match: Jun Akiyama (c) Vs Shunma Katsumata
9. DDT Universal Title: Tetsuya Endo (c) Vs MAO
10. KO-D Openweight Title: Yuji Hino (c) Vs Yuki “Strong” Iino

Show is starting in just over an hour and looks to be a doozy with 11 matches booked. In more good news, Pheromones are booked on the preshow so as long as you show up on the dot you'll be sure to miss them (until the main event, but fingers crossed on that one). We're also going to see the debut of Chiitan (just in time for them to die horribly in the Hunger Games thread), the returns of Diego and Van Vert Jack, as well as Higuchi and Sakguchi teaming for the first time since the formation of Harimao.

No tag team title match today with the champs both going after singles gold. Shunma is going after Uncle Jun to reclaim the belt he put on the map in a ToyLC match while MAO is challenging the recently bulked up Tetsuya Endo, who is making his first defence after beating Naruki Doi for the belts in March. The 37KAMIINA lads are looking to become weighed down with gold since in addition to the tag titles they also hald the 10-man belts, although considering they haven't defended them at all in the 10 months since they were one it's entirely possible 37K have fogotten they are even the champions.

The main event could either be really good or really bad. Yuji Hino has allowed "Sexy" Iino to chellenge for the belt, on the proviso he seal his Pheromones bullshit and be ALLOUT Iino again. Iino has been able to do this admirably on the preview shows, but always with the ominous warning that he will once again explode with sexy once the title is won. DDT is usually pretty good about leaving the comedy on the undercard and giving the big matches the gravitas they deserve, but on the other hand Danshoku Dieno was by far the worst defence of Jun Akiyama's reign, and I would hate for my girthy boy Hino to befall as similar fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Please don't ruin this with Pheromones bullshit, DDT :pray:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Wish I could stay up to watch this, it's been far too long since I've caught some live DDT. Have fun folks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pheromones pre-show just started, so I guess I'll turn this off and come back at the top of the hour! v:shobon:v

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Just came back from making lunch, I see Illusion has a new mask to show a bit more expression, and Dieno is dry humping him :geno: Might go back to watch the Imanari/Rukiya segment, that sounds like it could be good

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Ishida rules
https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1653623337959170049

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

Ishida rules

It's a shame he's not in King of DDT this year, he would absolutely show out

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Nakamura looks less like a literal child when he's not going up against full sized men

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Munetatsu Nakamura is Toy Kojima from six months in the past.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hell yeah Nakamura, that was rad

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Good match, love me some DDT rookies

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm trying to find some information about Rayne but she doesn't have a cagematch or Wrestlingdata profile, kind of nutty since she's been around for a bit now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

I'm trying to find some information about Rayne but she doesn't have a cagematch or Wrestlingdata profile, kind of nutty since she's been around for a bit now

I was just about to ask if anybody could tell me anything about her, I don't think I've ever even heard her name before.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

I was just about to ask if anybody could tell me anything about her, I don't think I've ever even heard her name before.

I know she's the niece of Iron Maiden's Clive Burr and there's Youtube videos of her from shows in England, but i'd never heard of her until she came over for this tour

She also lost the preview tags against Saki and then again here, so :shrug:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Yeah, she seems to have popped up on the Britwres scene pretty recently and got traction.

I will say that the choices she is making with hair and makeup for the early 80s New Wave Of British Heavy Metal look are flawless.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cool that the fans seem to remember Diego, he disappeared right when I was first getting into DDT

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
2/3rds boooooooooooo

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was pretty good for a D.T.A match, although could tatally do with them removing Paulie and Sasaki, just letting Fujita do hoss matches

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Andre announced for Peter Pan! :neckbeard:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Um what the gently caress! DDT cross promoting with Ibushi Pro Wrestling Institute!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
FIREWORKS IN THE FUTURE

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

CHEER FOR NAMBA DAMMIT

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
ring girl Namba

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Really not sure how this will go, but Machida has been fun in DDT and Hirata is always gold so I have high hopes

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:laffo:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress him up, Namba!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo, gently caress 'em BOTH up, Namba!

Edit: The ref too! :lol:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MURDER NAMBA

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Oh poo poo they done pissed Namba off

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AGAIN :laffo:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
love when DDT these the match ended early gimmicks where someone just screams at them to restart

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Noah going to do this with Kitomiya

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fez_machine posted:

love when DDT these the match ended early gimmicks where someone just screams at them to restart

I move that if we can't get that angry little GM in to scream at the wrestlers to read the room, then it should be Namba!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I love that Hirata is still holding the sunglasses

SAVED BY THE BELL

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
HIrata really said he'd finish the story

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The camera shaking with his rage :lol: