Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

haljordan posted:

He really thought getting into business with the psychotic Nazis wouldn't backfire lol

To be fair the lead Nazi guy was probably the nicest and kindest Nazi there was despite, you know, being a murderous loving Nazi. Guy was nice enough to leave Walt some cash, and he let his nephew keep a spare meth cook chained in a basement despite being filthy rich solely so he could keep creeping on that one woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The glasses made him look smart

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Carlos Lantana posted:

The flav song
Skinny Pete piano flourish
Doghouse neon
The 3 enjoyable things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX1AGFHIros

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i would watch a skinny pete and badger spin off where they just get high and debate about stuff like that and the call of duty zombies

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

not everyone op

i watched about 3 episodes and gave up on the show, because i could tell he was a fraud and also very boring

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
And then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0mSlxrupRE

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

When I got to the point where he puts that hat on during my second viewing, could not help but make this connection and it helped to re-contextualize a lot of Walt's behaviour.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYxgSlDKuzc

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

season tier list:

s5 part 2
s2
s1
s4
s5 part 1
s3

i just finished watching this show for the first time a few weeks ago and idgaf what the internet says

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

also trhe writers worked an absolute miracle in making a racist and ignorant cop such a fun and lovable character. i loved hank and was actually sad when he died despite him being a fuckign fed and i hate the cops

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
walter white was a lot of things, but i didn't think he'd be known for having a monster hog in his pants

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Run

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Walter White As All Hell

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R95f7VwXqIw

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Hank was like the public facing persona of every goober suburban white guy ever.

I guess Hank's the Super Ego, Walter White is the Ego, and Heisenberg is the Id, idk.

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

Hank rocks

Jesus Christ Marie, they're minerals!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

also trhe writers worked an absolute miracle in making a racist and ignorant cop such a fun and lovable character. i loved hank and was actually sad when he died despite him being a fuckign fed and i hate the cops

Dude just wanted a simple life, to drink bourbon and look at minerals.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Meth

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Dude just wanted a simple life, to drink bourbon and look at minerals.

I think you mean he wanted to drink Schraderbräu

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I think most people consider Walter White a genius because of his chemistry skills and the framed letter from the Nobel prize committee he has in his den. I don't think anyone thinks he makes good life decisions.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 23 days!)

i always assumed the only reason walter was considered a genius in his field is because his competition were all junkies, nazis, and psycho cartels who didn't give a gently caress if they were selling poison cut with ebola as long as it sold. plus he made it blue which is pretty cool.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

It was pretty clearly communicated a ton of times that Walt was supposed to be a completely brilliant genius chemist, I don't know how you missed that. Gale was basically in awe of him.

Better Call Saul is a way better show.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
This is like one of the few shows that everyone loves that I've never been able to get into. Tried a ton of times but just doesn't pull me in and gently caress off with your "yeah you just gotta get through the first x episodes/seasons and then it's great" I'm not going to watch like 10 hours of something waiting for it to get good lol

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Dr.D-O posted:

He was constantly tripping over his own dick!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

he was a chemistry genius but actually had a confirmed chode

Which? Show the dick pic.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Nooner posted:

This is like one of the few shows that everyone loves that I've never been able to get into. Tried a ton of times but just doesn't pull me in and gently caress off with your "yeah you just gotta get through the first x episodes/seasons and then it's great" I'm not going to watch like 10 hours of something waiting for it to get good lol

Noone says that about breaking bad

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Putting cayenne pepper in my snortable drugs, gently caress yea bitch

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Breaking Bad had a whole bunch of charismatic as gently caress actors, and some women. They rectified that with Kim in BCS though, she kicks rear end.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Dr.D-O posted:

Skyler is really one of the only good characters.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Upon a second viewing Skylar is actually very relatable op

I was honestly surprised that so many people hated Skylar. She was my favourite character, reacting like any normal spouse would have.

I hosed Ted was my favourite line in the series, robbing Walt of the power and control that he thought he had over her.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I was honestly surprised that so many people hated Skylar. She was my favourite character, reacting like any normal spouse would have.

I hosed Ted was my favourite line in the series, robbing Walt of the power and control that he thought he had over her.

her actions and reactions are understandabl,e howeevr she is an intensely unlikeable personality

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
He got pure d-methamphetamine from a p2p cook, which it's my understanding in real life will result in 50/50 l- and d-methamphetamine. So he's either a genius with special knowledge of chemistry he shares with nobody, or he's a meth wizard with magic powers, or they end up with an equally large pile of worthless blue nasal decongestant as they do meth after each cook and they just never showed that part. Alternately Vince Gilligan didn't do enough research on erowid, this one is the most likely.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Skyler is the Peggy Hill of Breaking Bad.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Edmund Sparkler posted:

One of the best characters to ever grace our TVs?!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dr.D-O posted:

I think you mean he wanted to drink Schraderbräu

He also enjoys sex gifs

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I don't think so, Tim

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

her actions and reactions are understandabl,e howeevr she is an intensely unlikeable personality

Hank, Saul, and Mike are the only likable characters and they’re all still massive pieces of poo poo.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hank, Saul, and Mike are the only likable characters and they’re all still massive pieces of poo poo.

Helicopter BITCH!

Badger is a Saint

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Peggy would have found out instantly with her excellent sleuthing skills

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Saalkin posted:

Helicopter BITCH!

Badger is a Saint

Badger is definitely a goon

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

They don't cut the pizza and pass the savings onto the customer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The issue isn't that people incorrectly think Walter White is a genius because it's clear that he is a chemistry genius, it's that half the people that watched the show think that he's supposed to be a criminal mastermind badass when, as another goon said, he's actually just Mr. Magooing his way through the drug cartel world and keeps getting lucky, which inflates his ego. The "I am the one who knocks!" scene isn't meant to make you go "wow, what a badass", but rather make you reflect on how delusional he has become.