Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

skyler was fine a lot of her decisions also make sense when your husband becomes a hosed up meth kingpin. but she was lame as hell at the start when she thinks walt is smoking weed so she freaks out and goes to shout at who she thought was his dealer. like chill out man, dude got cancer let him smoke a frickin joint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

The issue isn't that people incorrectly think Walter White is a genius because it's clear that he is a chemistry genius, it's that half the people that watched the show think that he's supposed to be a criminal mastermind badass when, as another goon said, he's actually just Mr. Magooing his way through the drug cartel world and keeps getting lucky, which inflates his ego. The "I am the one who knocks!" scene isn't meant to make you go "wow, what a badass", but rather make you reflect on how delusional he has become.

Por que no los dos?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

If Walter White was a criminal mastermind he never would have had to kill anyone, he'd just slowly and shrewdly build up his business. That would be loving boring, I'm glad he's a better murderer than a business man.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Skyler is the Peggy Hill of Breaking Bad.

I hosed Ted

with my vaaaaaa-GINA

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

skyler was fine a lot of her decisions also make sense when your husband becomes a hosed up meth kingpin. but she was lame as hell at the start when she thinks walt is smoking weed so she freaks out and goes to shout at who she thought was his dealer. like chill out man, dude got cancer let him smoke a frickin joint

worth it for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTPCHhbMZB0&t=28s

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
More like Anna Gunns amiright? :pervert:

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

ElectricSheep posted:

I hosed Ted

with my vaaaaaa-GINA

Ted? In my Vagina? It's more likely than you think."

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i pegged ted

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Skyler is the Peggy Hill of Breaking Bad.
Some characters exist to remind us that being a good person and being annoying are not mutually exclusive.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Konar posted:

Peggy would have found out instantly with her excellent sleuthing skills

Peggy would have offered to negotiate with the cartels using her impeccable knowledge of the Spanish language

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MiracleFlare posted:

Peggy would have offered to negotiate with the cartels using her impeccable knowledge of the Spanish language

Lol

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
He made a nazi-killing deathmobile that would have been the culmination of like 3-4 GTA missions.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxh8v5XOa2k

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i kind of want to do a rewatch of bb now. OP your thread has failed.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Larry Cum Free posted:

He made a nazi-killing deathmobile that would have been the culmination of like 3-4 GTA missions.

He should have poisoned them somehow instead of using a Wile E. Coyote invention. The man's a a chemist! He should have exposed everyone to nerve agents. Nazis seizing, foaming at the mouth, biting their own tongues off and dying would be awesome to watch, especially that piece of poo poo Todd. If he and Jesse had to die too it still would've been worth it.

Even better, he uses homemade zyklon-b. You know, for irony, cause they're nazis.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 4, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

it's really good. i watched it over the past few months for the first time, having gone in nearly 100% blind. never watched or read about it back in the day, only knew it was about a high school teacheer turned meth cook. very happy i watched it

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Walter came up with the magnet truck idea to wipe the laptop in the police evidence room but it didn’t matter because the hard drive was encrypted

And the magnet truck smashed a framed picture taken from Gus’s office that had Mike’s offshore bank account info hidden in it and the feds took Mike’s $2 million

Lol

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Yeah I've been considering this too after finishing Better Call Saul. I'm sure theres a lot of stuff I totally forgot about from BB, been like ten years already since it ended.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
fiction is dumb and they think brute forcing encryption is a legit thing.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
1. Science, bitch !

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Walter Jr.: "Hey, I want a beer."
Hank: "Yeah, I want Shania Twain to give me a tuggy. Guess what. It ain't happening either."

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbbm2-Xt59g

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
He's a piece of poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wOvXusjqgI

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

If he’s such a piece of poo poo then why did I root for him up until the very end?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgh2s1R6H50

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
I remember when Skylar had an affair so she could experience heated bathroom floors and a soft rug. Besides that i just skipped most scenes with her in it.
What did she even DO before the carwash.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Saalkin posted:

One of the best characters to ever grace our TVs?!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Leper Go-getter posted:

I remember when Skylar had an affair so she could experience heated bathroom floors and a soft rug. Besides that i just skipped most scenes with her in it.

She hosed yo rear end

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The worst part about BB is that stupid baby and all the drama around it. Like it wasn’t enough they have a teenage kid, there had to be a babby so skyler had something to complain about.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Leper Go-getter posted:

She wrote short stories, some of which were published, and sold tchotchkes on eBay for more than they were worth. More importantly, though, she made Walt Jr. his sumptuous morning feasts.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

The worst part about BB is that stupid baby and all the drama around it. Like it wasn’t enough they have a teenage kid, there had to be a babby so skyler had something to complain about.

The baby really should have died offscreen

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Heisenberg

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The baby really should have died offscreen

No it should’ve died along with Gustavo Fring and Hector Salamanca.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

also trhe writers worked an absolute miracle in making a racist and ignorant cop such a fun and lovable character. i loved hank and was actually sad when he died despite him being a fuckign fed and i hate the cops

I hated Hank and let out an actual cheer when he died. YEAH! gently caress YEAH!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Dr.D-O posted:

He was constantly tripping over his own dick!

Thanks for the remember how great breaking bad was thread, op!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Nigmaetcetera posted:

No it should’ve died along with Gustavo Fring and Hector Salamanca.

I hope the nice old lady next door to Hector wasn’t hurt :ohdear:

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Season 2
While pregnant with Holly, Skyler smokes, much to Walt's displeasure

ah well, she's so stressed and worried you see
maybe she should try have an affair about it

Trivia
Vince Gilligan named Holly after his girlfriend.[1][2]

George Vincent "Vince" Gilligan Jr. is the creator of Breaking Bad,

wriiteeers :arghfist:

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
Saul Goodman is a way more well-written character than Walter White. Both characters aren't good people, but their stories are engaging, because they're good AT something. Saul is good at talking his way into poo poo and out of poo poo, which you get to see him do constantly and it's always a hoot. Walter White is good at making meth, but you only know this cause cartel member #2 will rub it on his gums and be all "this poo poo is tight!" Other than that, every decision he makes is stupid.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Look I know the difference between good meth and bad meth, and it’s determined exclusively by consuming it and seeing how much like god you feel. Also I guess if it takes you 20 hours to cum it’s considered really good, but I always considered that too much, shouldn’t take more than 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Walter Whites stupidest decision was marrying skylar.
He's next stupidest was not becoming a meth-fiend. Because that would have been entertaining television.