Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Recently my work decided to tune into Bewitched during my early break because there's nothing else on at that time, and half the episodes are the husband screaming at his wife and mother-in-law about witchcraft and whatever other random poo poo. He literally has no personality besides throwing temper tantrums like a loving toddler just because his wife's mother is daring trying to make her daughter and granddaughter happy. He has some loving issues and should chill out or shut the gently caress up.

Meanwhile I'll catch the last few minutes of I Dream of Jeannie and Major Nelson seems completely loving chill about her using magic. It probably helps that the guy's a loving astronaut and doesn't have the mountain of insecurities Darren has. Kinda wish I was watching that show instead.

Sorry but I really needed to vent about this fifty-year-old sitcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
L I T E R A L L Y no personality :xd:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
His personality is a voice screaming in an infinite void, forever.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Witchcraft is blaspemous and that lady is going to hell

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
yeah id blow him

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Not like Crash Bandicoot who is a devout methodist

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
There were two actors who played the man on bewitched and they were both named Dick lmao

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Which Dick was it?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i never saw bewitched but i dream of jeannie was a good show. voted 4.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I like how now that the episodes are aired in HD you can really tell how completely fuckin hammered Larry Hagman was in every episode

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

haljordan posted:

I like how now that the episodes are aired in HD you can really tell how completely fuckin hammered Larry Hagman was in every episode

Wasnt every man in america drunk 24/7 in the 60s?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Wasnt every man in america drunk 24/7 in the 60s?

P much also every woman

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
He landed on the moon, drat it!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’ve had this same thought since I was like 8, OP. He’s got a smoking hot wife that literally solves all of his problems by magic, and this needledick dweeb is always chewing her out about it because “oh what will the neighbors think”

He’s like an ad man in the 50s, too, so his entire day consists of rounding up doctors to talk about how healthy smoking is or whatwver

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Bewitched, more like Webitched (about lovely old tv shows)

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

There were two actors who played the man on bewitched and they were both named Dick lmao

Dick York. Dick Sargent.

Sergeant York. *brain explodes*

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

there's at least one episode wherein it's established that Samantha gets sick if she doesn't perform witchcraft every so often, but he's still completely, militantly against letting her cast anything at all

Endora was right about him: Darren was a controlling rear end in a top hat

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ok genesplicer

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

When the gently caress was bewitched even on the tube

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

When the gently caress was bewitched even on the tube

It's on every morning on Logo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
imagine being married to a hot witch, the hottest of professions, and still being a total bitch. God drat I love samantha and I hate darren

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Darren was uptight because he was a gay man in a sham marriage in the 60’s.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Milo and POTUS posted:

imagine being married to a hot witch, the hottest of professions, and still being a total bitch. God drat I love samantha and I hate darren

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

well duh he's an astronaut

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Lol, this dude’s name is Darren. He should be thanking his lucky stars she doesn’t magick him into the little worm he really is.

Advertising… what a bitchass.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Samantha and Endora rule, Darren drools (because he’s probably under a spell).

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The spell is to boogie.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

You Are A Elf posted:

Dr. Bombay also owns pretty hard

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Jinkies!

It was Ralph Furley all along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nRjKC_OEcY

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Dr. Bombay also owns pretty hard

:yeah:

All the witches and warlocks were cool peeps.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
They should have had a crossover episode with I Dream Of Jeannie where Samantha tells Jeannie that she wishes she had a cool husband instead of this nerd and Jeannie just clones Major Nelson and now there’s two Major Nelsons (cool dudes) boning both the hot wives and being cool astronauts and other hijinks.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If the husband was an in I Dream Of Jeannie, did he ever like bring an alien home by accident?

I feel like pretty much every sitcom could of been improved with an alien sub-plot or two.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

You Are A Elf posted:

What about Uncle Arthur, played by Paul "Center Square" Lynde?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY1xKy81Ox0

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Elizabeth Montgomery was one of my very first crushes and Bewitched is almost certainly why I love witches

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
its the most accurate representation of a cis het male on tv, op

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Mega64 posted:

Recently my work decided to tune into Bewitched during my early break because there's nothing else on at that time, and half the episodes are the husband screaming at his wife and mother-in-law about witchcraft and whatever other random poo poo. He literally has no personality besides throwing temper tantrums like a loving toddler just because his wife's mother is daring trying to make her daughter and granddaughter happy. He has some loving issues and should chill out or shut the gently caress up.

Meanwhile I'll catch the last few minutes of I Dream of Jeannie and Major Nelson seems completely loving chill about her using magic. It probably helps that the guy's a loving astronaut and doesn't have the mountain of insecurities Darren has. Kinda wish I was watching that show instead.

Sorry but I really needed to vent about this fifty-year-old sitcom.

Darren feels like less of a man because his wife is so powerful. So he shrieks at her until she thinks it’s just easier to pretend to be a “regular” housewife. I guess cause she doesn’t want to tell her mom that she was right and Darren sucks?

Darren is also a massive rear end-kisser, if I remember correctly, at his corporate advertising firm and is terrified his boss will find out that his wife isn’t “normal”.

Such a weaner. I can’t imagine his creative career is helped by his lovely attitude towards women in general.

But now I wanna find the ones with the Samantha’s gay uncle as the guest to see how those play now that I’m an adult.

I don’t think I’ve watched bewitched since I was kid, but I liked it better then, probably because Jeanie was dumb as gently caress and Samantha did not seem stupid, aside from who she chose to marry.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

They should have had a crossover episode with I Dream Of Jeannie where Samantha tells Jeannie that she wishes she had a cool husband instead of this nerd and Jeannie just clones Major Nelson and now there’s two Major Nelsons (cool dudes) boning both the hot wives and being cool astronauts and other hijinks.

AI should be able to do it soonish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

They look like night of the living dead zombies

Samantha what are you doing with this clown?