Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Current Dragongate Roster

Dragongate Dead or Alive 2023
Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium, Nagoya
Start time: 16:00 JST / 7:00am GMT / 3:00am EST / 12:00am PST

It's nearing the end of Golden Week in Japan, and that means an absolutely insane cage match the second year in a row without DoA's signature apuestas survival cage. According to reports last year, they're attempting to save the stip for when the booking makes sense, so :shrug: when/if it'll happen elsewhere this year, but it's still a really solid card!

U-T Comeback Match:
U-T & Jacky 'Funky' Kamei vs Kagetora & Kaito Nagano

U-T injured his knee last year, then came back too soon and hurt it again. He teams with Natural Vibes cohort Jacky in his first match back. Kagetora is pretty aimless since High-End disbanded, but he teams with 2022 rookie Nagano, who has not found a unit yet but has been getting over his futbol gimmick.

8-Man Tag:
(M3K) Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Mochizuki, Yasushi Kanda, Punch Tominaga vs Don Fujii, Takashi Yoshida, Problem Dragon, Minorita

This was supposed to be the full M3K lineup on the same page after Junior's frustration with Mocchy being a helicopter dad. Unfortunately, Junior suffered a neck injury the other day, so now the classic M2K lineup teams with... Punch, and nobody's less enthused about it than the rest of his team.

Open the Brave Gate Championship:
Jason Lee© vs Dragon Dia

Jason Lee of Natural Vibes recently defeated Minorita of Gold Class for the Brave Gate belt. Last month, he was challenged by multiple would-be opponents at once, so they held a 4-way #1 contenders match: Dragon Dia of D'Courage defeated Minorita, Mochizuki Junior, and Jacky Kamei. This should be a show-stealer between two of the best juniors in the world right now.

Tag Match:
Ultimo Dragon & Naruki Doi vs (Z-Brats) Diamante & HYO

Diamante is the son-in-law of Ultimo Dragon's long time lucha rival Negro Casas, and has repeatedly ripped off Ultimo's mask in recent weeks. This will likely lead to a later apuestas where Diamante finally reveals how handsome he is. Doi has been on a hot streak since going freelance, with recent title runs in AJPW & DDT, and HYO has been attempting to redeem himself after a string of losses.

Open the Triangle Gate:
(Gold Class) Kota Minoura, Ben-K, BxB Hulk© vs (Natural Vibes) Kzy, Big Boss Shimizu, Strong Machine J

After a #1 contenders match between M3K and Gold Class went to a draw, M3K declared they should get the title shot because a double-countout is a "win" for M3K. Natural Vibes said that shouldn't count, so GM Ryo Saito announced that a match between Vibes & M3K would decide who gets the shot, which Vibes won without further shenanigans.

Tag Match:
Yuki Yoshioka & YAMATO vs Dragon Kid & Naomichi Marufuji

YAMATO, Yoshioka, and Dragon Kid were the final 3 in a battle royal, which qualified them for this match. YAMATO is the veteran ace of post-Toryumon DG, while Yoshioka is the current/future ace. Dragon Kid was the junior ace of Toryumon and its 1st top champion, while Naomichi Marufuji has long been the veteran junior ace of NOAH. I feel like I'm writing the word ace a lot. Marufuji has not set foot in a DG ring before, so this should be interesting.

Open the Twin Gate:
(KONGO) Kenoh & Shuji Kondo© vs (Z-Brats) KAI & ISHIN

Last month, the KONGO team of Kenoh & Shuji Kondo took the belts off of Big Time (Kzy & Shimizu) of Natural Vibes, marking the first time DG's tag belts have been won by outsiders. Z-Brats are attempting to return the belts home (well, half-home, since Shuji Kondo pulls double-duty), so despite being major heels, they'll probably be the ones the crowd roots for. Kenoh will probably be very angry about something.

Open the Dream Gate:
Shun Skywalker© vs Madoka Kikuta

Two years ago, in the same venue, on the same date, at the same event, this match happened during Shun's previous Dream Gate run. Then-rookie 'HipHop' Kikuta severely separated his shoulder just 4 minutes in, the match was stopped, and Kikuta was on the shelf for over a year. He's since worked his way back up, joining D'Courage along the way, and now Shun is champion again. But since last time, Shun has become an absolute lunatic. He has put Kikuta through a gauntlet of "quests" to break him down; including fighting his own teammates, handicap matches, and Z-Brats systematically murdering his surgically repaired shoulder. Kikuta seeks to break free from Shun's torment and earn his first ever Dream Gate title reign.

If you don't have a Dragongate Network subscription, there are more shows than usual this month, so it's worth a sub. But if not, the opening match is free on Youtube in English or Japanese, and you can probably find a stream for the rest if you look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I had totally missed that Junior is hurt, drat. Hope it isn't too serious

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
He basically took a shoot high-angle DDT and was stretchered out, but he was tweeting about it later, so it seems like he's not hospitalized or has a long-term injury.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Bonk posted:

He basically took a shoot high-angle DDT and was stretchered out, but he was tweeting about it later, so it seems like he's not hospitalized or has a long-term injury.

maybe he could appear post-match to further the Junior vs Dad angle?

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Let's goooooooooo

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Tomoki 'Sun' Kashi is the new referee, he was an old NEX trainee who got injured and has been doing office/backstage stuff ever since.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Jason/Dia was real good.

Naruki Doi's chest is still red from an AJPW match he wrestled at noon in Tokyo before immediately heading to Nagoya for this. :lmao:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Nice finish from Marufuji

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Yeah, I liked that finish

Ichikawa's here to get his Stalker name back lmao

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Ichikawa gave Marufuji a kancho, five stars

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I like this new lore of ISHIN coming after Kenoh, they can lean into that whenever Z-Brats show up in NOAH again.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
OH poo poo Susumu/Kanda challenge! I like this.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
OMG that main was insane. More people need to watch this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Bonk posted:

OMG that main was insane. More people need to watch this.

Just watched it, good thing I wasn't spoiled on the result.