Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Robo Reagan posted:

the only gaping hole kirk is involved with now is a grave

lol got em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MapleStory was one of those things u played back in teh day because it was free and you didn't have poo poo else to play for a month or two because your parents weren't gonna buy you another game after u unwisely blew your cash on NWN

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

NWN was a nice AMERICAN rpg

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I was reminiscing on Anarchy Online just yesterday.

When that game came out it was the jankiest, buggiest garbage pile I'd ever played. I really liked the aesthetic so I persevered for about 3 nights before I just noped out.

Something like two years later I read it had been massively improved, so I gave it another try, and it worked great. The player population was pretty low so it was hard to find groups for missions. A player told me that most computers could actually run two characters at once and it was true. So you'd have your main, with your healer on auto-follow. Opened up access to tons of content that you normally couldn't solo at your level.

The craziest part of the game was the buffing. The buffs didn't just stack, they complimented each other. If you started with the basics you could do a round robin thing where now that say Int was buffed you had access to more powerful buffs, rinse and repeat for a good twenty minutes until a level 20 character would have the abilities and access to gear of a level 40. It was wildly fun at the time.

I also remember the map being massively huge, you could explore whole zones for days on end.

That was a fun game.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
archaeologists recently uncovered this protomeme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeYSLvFI3-A

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Devils Affricate posted:

Hell yeah gunbound rocked, I still miss it

Boomer main here. Saying that in 2023 sounds a lot weirder than it used to

i went all in on bunge and would drop people through the goddamn earth; i stopped playing whenever you stopped being able to permanently buy gear and instead had to "rent it" for mtxbux for limited periods of time

PinheadSlim posted:

I was too busy infesting my family's computer with all kinds of malware downloading Gunz : The Duel private servers

there was one glorious evening that i never later replicated where i managed to become One With The Lag and was absolutely destroying the competition in Gunz because i figured out the rhythm of firing five feet ahead of every character model into a wall and having the server slam all my bullets into the enemy anyway. it truly was the greatest matrix video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
i played their f2p server for a bit and got a samurai character??? class??? to level like 80 and felt like i finally understood the elementary school experience of playing that game

what a whacky game, im glad people enjoy it still.