Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I could easily see Gibbs going late first / early second. The only thing you can say against him is that Monty will steal some touchdowns. He was the RB10 in ppr and missed a couple games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Gibbs is 100% going in the first next year.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I’m way too excited about Gibbs in dynasty so he’s gonna get hit by a bus or fall into a dam or something.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
If you degenerates need something for your superbowl parties I do this prop sheet every year.

As the game progresses the answers get populated.

https://sites.google.com/site/printablesuperbowlpropbets/home?authuser=0

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spermy Smurf posted:

If you degenerates need something for your superbowl parties I do this prop sheet every year.

As the game progresses the answers get populated.

https://sites.google.com/site/printablesuperbowlpropbets/home?authuser=0

You should make a thread and let us try too. :)

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
How optimistic should I be on Bryce Young in a SF dynasty league? I went a little too far tearing my down to rebuild to the point where the only QB on my roster is Bryce Young, and I'm pretty thin in all other positions as well. Should I package Young with one of my five 1st round picks (1.12) to upgrade to Brock Purdy and get a mid 3rd with him? Or should I keep Young, hope he turns it around, and use the pick that I would otherwise trade and take another rookie who will have a better chance of not busting?

I'm too lazy to post my whole team here, but to explain how barren my team is, my best WRs are Jaden Reed and Jordan Addison. And the only usable RB I have is James Cook. I definitely need all the picks I have to build a startable team, but I was just curious if it would be worth trading a late 1st to upgrade from Young to Purdy.

My gut is telling me to do it, because Purdy is the best and only proven player in the whole scenario. But I'm also skeptical because the guy I'd be trading with usually doesn't make trades if they don't favor him. I will also most likely be drafting Caleb Williams and another lesser QB to at least improve from negative depth to no depth.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
1st round dynasty pick

https://x.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1754367720081211708?s=20

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lol no ty

32yo running back who hasn’t performed in six years breaking out is a plutoshot

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Jingleheimer posted:

How optimistic should I be on Bryce Young in a SF dynasty league? I went a little too far tearing my down to rebuild to the point where the only QB on my roster is Bryce Young, and I'm pretty thin in all other positions as well. Should I package Young with one of my five 1st round picks (1.12) to upgrade to Brock Purdy and get a mid 3rd with him? Or should I keep Young, hope he turns it around, and use the pick that I would otherwise trade and take another rookie who will have a better chance of not busting?

I'm too lazy to post my whole team here, but to explain how barren my team is, my best WRs are Jaden Reed and Jordan Addison. And the only usable RB I have is James Cook. I definitely need all the picks I have to build a startable team, but I was just curious if it would be worth trading a late 1st to upgrade from Young to Purdy.

My gut is telling me to do it, because Purdy is the best and only proven player in the whole scenario. But I'm also skeptical because the guy I'd be trading with usually doesn't make trades if they don't favor him. I will also most likely be drafting Caleb Williams and another lesser QB to at least improve from negative depth to no depth.

Just offer 1.12 for Purdy. A first rounder is more than fair enough.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Listening to a podcast tonight talking about early 2024 rankings and heard the take "I'm downgrading all Browns because Joe Flacco probably won't be there". Imagine someone saying this a year ago, you'd think they had dementia :lol:

Not even talking about the forward-looking angle. Just like, it is objectively loving INSANE that Joe Flacco was crucial to how the 2023 fantasy playoffs played out. This game is absurd(ly awesome :getin:)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

Listening to a podcast tonight talking about early 2024 rankings and heard the take "I'm downgrading all Browns because Joe Flacco probably won't be there". Imagine someone saying this a year ago, you'd think they had dementia :lol:

Not even talking about the forward-looking angle. Just like, it is objectively loving INSANE that Joe Flacco was crucial to how the 2023 fantasy playoffs played out. This game is absurd(ly awesome :getin:)

I'm downgrading browns because even if sex offender DeShaun Watson goes down I have to root for sex offender Jameis Winston.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
UFL fantasy szn. Don't miss out.

Keke Coutee anyone?

Cody Latimer?

AJ McCarron?

Geddit.

.... yeah, I played XFL fantasy last year (on Alt Sports) -- and yeah I won my four person league championship. And yeah the four of us are doing it again (UFL merger this time)... and yeah we drafted tonight...and yeah I'm gonna repeat. Just gotta.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I tried the XFL one last year and it was just awful

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

RCarr posted:

It was... almost not even functional, the site.

You use Alt Sports?

It's a little better this year, but... that also goes with a bit of "learning" on my end. I knew what to expect (not much).

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

EconDad posted:

It was... almost not even functional, the site.

You use Alt Sports?

It's a little better this year, but... that also goes with a bit of "learning" on my end. I knew what to expect (not much).

I think that’s what we used yea. It wasn’t pretty haha

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

I think that was the one I used too, maybe?

A depraved lot, we all are.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
You asked for PUBLIC Alt Fantasy Leagues?

YOU GOTTEM

https://altfantasysports.com/leagues/public

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Who was bad last year that will now be good value due to moving in free agency?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

I am interested in knowing this and its inverse.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Diontae in PPR is probably a good dart throw in the later-rounds, he’s a better receiver than Thielen.
Mid-rounds Drake London (due to having an actual QB this year, pending Kirk’s recovery from the achilles tear).
Hollywood Brown with the Chiefs is worth a late round flier. The KC receivers… are not great.
Curtis Samuel super late round.

Rbs:
Jacobs to GB. He was rb27 last year in half-ppr but still has name recognition. His RB competition is also terrible. I think(?) the rush defenses in the nfc north are also bad.
Zack Moss to Cin. Rb29 last year.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Detroits rush defense was #2 after Chicago at #1 lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I think Jacobs will get eaten alive for at least four games next season

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

London is not a midround pick. He’s going in the second in Underdog drafts.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

dkj posted:

London is not a midround pick. He’s going in the second in Underdog drafts.

This. The upgrade in quarterback is gonna jack up his ADP. Rightfully so.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I think Jacobs will get eaten alive for at least four games next season

Jacobs is gonna be one of the steals of fantasy drafts this year.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Draft Dontayvion Wicks higher than you thought you would.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Draft Dontayvion Wicks higher than you thought you would.
This but Bo Melton

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This but Bo Melton

Bo is going to be constantly rotated in since he's primarily a speedster. WR1A and 1B for the Packers this year will be Reed and Wicks.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Also Josh Jacobs in a LaFleur outside-zone scheme? Sign me the hell up.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
New superflex dynasty starts tomorrow and I have 1.01.

Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?

Especially with the news today, I think I'd rather the relative "safety" of Mahomes over Allen. What say you?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Wild how Christian Watson has fallen. My C. Watson and D. Watson for hurts trade looks better and better every day.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Especially with the news today, I think I'd rather the relative "safety" of Mahomes over Allen. What say you?
Its a legit question with no good answer. I did a dynasty startup last year and had 1.02 - I got Mahomes because 1.01 took Allen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its a legit question with no good answer. I did a dynasty startup last year and had 1.02 - I got Mahomes because 1.01 took Allen.

I know Mahomes had a down year, but I'm just thinking over time, I'd rather have Mahomes. And I have Allen in my other dynasty league.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

I know Mahomes had a down year, but I'm just thinking over time, I'd rather have Mahomes. And I have Allen in my other dynasty league.
Having Allen in my other league would seal it for me :v: Gotta diversify those assets! And yeah, Allen's playstyle scares me - I worry he'll have a shorter career or get hurt bad eventually, meanwhile Mahomes seems to be some sort of alien that doesnt take many hits and will probably only get better with time.

If I had 1.01 in a startup today I'd be trying to trade back to like 1.03 or 1.04 to get some extra value and take Stroud because he is younger and was completely bananas last year with no running game, a banged up OL, a cast of misfit (but good) WRs, and a rookie OC. And now he has Diggs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mahomes seems to be some sort of alien that doesnt take many hits and will probably only get better with time.

Refs throw a flag if someone lays a finger on Mahomes. If he ever actually got hit they’d jettison the defensive player out of the league.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Silly Burrito posted:

Allen: higher average points per year. Fewer average years. They literally just traded away diggs for peanuts.
Mahomes: lower average pts per year but his qb style is going to age better than Allen’s since he’s not trying to run over defenders.

If you’re still on the fence, watch some youtube breakdowns on Kurt Warner’s channel.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

ranbo das posted:

Wild how Christian Watson has fallen. My C. Watson and D. Watson for hurts trade looks better and better every day.

CWat is amazing…when he is healthy. It’s expected that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks will vastly out perform him this year.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

oh hey this thread got necroed

A Sneaker Broker posted:

CWat is amazing…when he is healthy. It’s expected that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks will vastly out perform him this year.

The dude is out there giving quotes about how nobody can figure out what is going on with his hamstring and he is spending tens of thousands of his personal money to get more testing. It's a bummer but I am staying the gently caress away from Watson

Sataere posted:

This. The upgrade in quarterback is gonna jack up his ADP. Rightfully so.

Yeah I am excited about London this year. The real question is do we dare take Kyle Pitts AGAIN

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This is the year that Mooney is going to break out, I swear.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

This is the year that Mooney is going to break out, I swear.

Kyle Mooney? Probably. I'd say he already has.

Darnell? Never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

yall play dynasty in here? I wanted to get some thoughts on a trade I was offered.

12 team SF 1 PPR

Give: Nick Chubb
Get: 2.05

My current roster (the ones worth mentioning):
QB: Hurts, Tua
WR: Waddle, Deebo, Marquise Brown, Shakir, Sutton
RB: Chubb, Moss, Spears, Mostert, Dobbins
TE: Mandrews, Ferguson
2024 picks: 1.04, 1.07, 3.04

Planning on trying to grab Nabers/Odunze with the 1.04 and BPA with 1.07, or potentially trading a pick as part of a deal for someone like Aiyuk or AJ Brown if the draft doesn't fall the way I want. QB depth is an option too.

We had our startup last year and my plan was to build for the future around stud WRs and QBs, but when Chubb and Dobbins fell in the draft I figured I could compete. Not quite sure where I stand now. If I wind up with 2 rookie WRs with my first round picks, it's likely a rebuild year and I should sell Chubb. But my roster is close to being a contender and if a few things shake my way I'd rather have a championship than more picks. What do you all think?

My team was doing well last year, but just barely missed the playoffs after losing Chubb, Dobbins, and Mandrews for the season. I also had Mike Evans for most of last year but sold him for that 1.07 when it looked like playoffs were out of reach.