Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

Was listening to PFF and apparently they think the 40 times for WR and DB were messed up. Said the splits and 10s and 20s didn't line up with the 40 times and they went so far as to call it "mathematically impossible".

Also they suspect something was going on with the laser. I know Doltos mentioned that as well.

So I looked up my team's WR pick and I recommend you do the same if you have one.

The 40 sticks out like a sore thumb. For some guys like Hyatt or Addison who were dinged in the draft for slower than expected 40 times uhhhh that may be bullshit.

Draft accordingly.

Truth be told, I judge speed on tape. I weigh it against how fast they look compared to what they score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Makes sense but I was down on the Rice pick based on the 40 and some limited plays I watched but then found out

1. The 40 time may be messed up
2. Rice played the last season on a broken foot / toe.

So I feel like going back and re-evaluating everything I said about him.

Jordan Addison is another, he had a slow 40 and then in his pro day when he was going to prove everyone wrong this happened

https://twitter.com/eric_d_williams/status/1638222676807544832?s=61&t=VfPms4CBkLlZnXNpXD5M5Q

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Are 40 times/RAS even that meaningful at the WR position? The three best WR1 seasons we've seen were from Cooper Kupp and Antonio Brown who's RAS scores are 5 and 3.85 respectively. Even Jerry Rice supposedly ran a 4.6 40.

Sure you have guys like Justin Jefferson, Julio Jones, and Calvin Johnson who measure off the charts, but there are a ton of top WR finishes from guys that did not measure well.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ayudo posted:

Are 40 times/RAS even that meaningful at the WR position? The three best WR1 seasons we've seen were from Cooper Kupp and Antonio Brown who's RAS scores are 5 and 3.85 respectively. Even Jerry Rice supposedly ran a 4.6 40.

Sure you have guys like Justin Jefferson, Julio Jones, and Calvin Johnson who measure off the charts, but there are a ton of top WR finishes from guys that did not measure well.

I don't think so. These guys aren't even running in pads, so we don't know that it translates. It is why I look at how a guy looks on tape and then ask myself if his RAS score checks out with that. If it doesn't, I trust what my eyes see.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ayudo posted:

Are 40 times/RAS even that meaningful at the WR position?

That's kind of not the point of my post if the 40 times were screwed up then I would think millions were lost. That's a gigantic gently caress up.

It seems impossible, kind of like somehow screwing up the grass in the 2022 Super Bowl right?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How are people feeling about Mixon?

Someone offered me a first round pick for him. He’s $34 out of a $250 salary cap in my ppr dynasty league.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

Someone offered me a first round pick for him. He’s $34 out of a $250 salary cap in my ppr dynasty league.

If I'm not in a championship window, I probably smash that. Everyone is looking at the windows for that RB class declining. I'd rather sell an RB a bit early than late.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

RCarr posted:

Smash

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

If I'm not in a championship window, I probably smash that. Everyone is looking at the windows for that RB class declining. I'd rather sell an RB a bit early than late.

I’m the reigning champ and easily one of the best 3 teams in the league. I still do have Jacobs, Sanders, Stevenson, Penny, and Allgeier though… (And we only HAVE to start 2 rb’s. 2RB/2WR/3FLEX

Mixon is my most expensive player though, and I’d hate to miss my chance to get good value out of him.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

I’m the reigning champ and easily one of the best 3 teams in the league. I still do have Jacobs, Sanders, Stevenson, Penny, and Allgeier though… (And we only HAVE to start 2 rb’s. 2RB/2WR/3FLEX

Mixon is my most expensive player though, and I’d hate to miss my chance to get good value out of him.

How's the rest of your roster look?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

How's the rest of your roster look?

I would need $31 in cap space to make all my draft picks this year.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 9, 2023

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I think I make the trade. While you can compete this year, with Kyler being out, you are one Tua concussion away from having your season seriously hamstrung. I'd be starting a soft reload with that roster. I'm trading Mixon and even considering shopping McLaurin to see if I can get some assets for this year and next year to put myself in a stronger position for next year.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

RCarr posted:

I would need $31 in cap space to make all my draft picks this year.

This team looks like it could easily stomp this year too.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I ended up trading Mixon ($34) and a 3rd ($5) for Ridley ($2) and a 1st ($15-$17 depending on where it falls in the lottery)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I would absolutely love to get my hands on Ridley, major boom potential there

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea, and at that price it’s a no brainer

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dynasty rookie draft (12 team, SF, PPR, TEP, 10 starters): Some guy without a pick before the 4th round is asking what my price would be for him to trade for my 2.02. I'm real tempted to say his fourth from this year and 2025 first then I'll send my 2025 3nd to him too. But this is an awkward ask so I'm not sure if thats weird or what.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Trading a future year's first for this years second is a reasonable ask, especially an early second like that.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ChocolatePancake posted:

Trading a future year's first for this years second is a reasonable ask, especially an early second like that.
Cool, thank you for the sanity. I should also mention is roster is going to be decent to good this year but is old as hell so that 2025 pick could end up being good for me, which is part of why I first thought of that. He's got Rodgers, Stafford, Burrow, and Murray at QB; plus Mixon, Cook, and Akers at RB; Kupp, OBJ (lol), DHop, and Jakobi at WR; Kelce at TE. I could see half of those guys falling off of a cliff after this year (especially the RBs), so I'm looking at his 2025 first with avaricious eyes.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

In my 0.5 PPR (TE premium) superflex dynasty league was offered the following

Give:
Miles Sanders
2025 3rd round pick

Get:
Isiah Pacheco
MVS

Now I have little to no interest in MVS but i'm thinking of countering with asking him for Pacheco and Gerald Everett, as my only TE right now is Cole Kmet. I'm obviously giving up the best asset in Sanders but i'm not going to be competing for the next year at least so getting a little younger with an RB who's on a better offence (and who can catch maybe?) seems interesting. Worth noting I currently roster Mahomes and McKinnon so I'd have a lot of Chiefs stock.

Thanks for everyone's help all the time even though I don't contribute as much as I should.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I offered Kamara and Baker in superflex for Calvin Ridley and got laughed out of the room. I'm not the only one that expects big things from him

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MakaVillian posted:

Give:
Miles Sanders
2025 3rd round pick

Get:
Isiah Pacheco
MVS

Now I have little to no interest in MVS but i'm thinking of countering with asking him for Pacheco and Gerald Everett, as my only TE right now is Cole Kmet. I'm obviously giving up the best asset in Sanders but i'm not going to be competing for the next year at least so getting a little younger with an RB who's on a better offence (and who can catch maybe?) seems interesting. Worth noting I currently roster Mahomes and McKinnon so I'd have a lot of Chiefs stock.

Thanks for everyone's help all the time even though I don't contribute as much as I should.
I wouldnt want MVS. I dont think he can be relied on as a fantasy started at all. Everett is on the last year of his contract with the Chargers and (last I checked) cant block to save his life so I'm not sure I'd want him either, if you're not competing this year. Can you counter to offer a 2025 4th or 5th instead of the 3rd and just acquire Pacheco?

kiimo posted:

I offered Kamara and Baker in superflex for Calvin Ridley and got laughed out of the room. I'm not the only one that expects big things from him
Kamara might get suspended and is old either way, and Baker might not even start, so I dont think I'd be interested in that offer at all either.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

Give:
Miles Sanders
2025 3rd round pick

Get:
Isiah Pacheco
MVS

I would not do this. MVS and a 2025 3rd round pick are both basically worthless, so you are essentially trading Sanders for Pacheco. I do not think there is a likely scenario, barring injury, that Pacheco out scores Sanders this year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Kamara might get suspended and is old either way, and Baker might not even start, so I dont think I'd be interested in that offer at all either.

yeah it was a poo poo offer. But I could see Kamara bouncing back too. I mean, old? He's 27.

And even if he's suspended that's the beginning of the season, not the playoffs.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 9, 2023

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

I wouldnt want MVS. I dont think he can be relied on as a fantasy started at all. Everett is on the last year of his contract with the Chargers and (last I checked) cant block to save his life so I'm not sure I'd want him either, if you're not competing this year. Can you counter to offer a 2025 4th or 5th instead of the 3rd and just acquire Pacheco?

Our rookie drafts only go 3 rounds.

Didn't realize Everett was in a contract year, thanks for the info. Though it could be a good thing if he gets the contract year production bump, I could maybe flip him before the deadline or next offseason for something. Plus the Chargers didn't see fit to add to the position in the draft.

And yeah MVS is a non-starter.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

yeah it was a poo poo offer. But I could see Kamara bouncing back too. I mean, old? He's 27.
27 is old for a running back, you know this.

kiimo posted:

And even if he's suspended that's the beginning of the season, not the playoffs.
This is a fair point.

MakaVillian posted:

Our rookie drafts only go 3 rounds.

Didn't realize Everett was in a contract year, thanks for the info. Though it could be a good thing if he gets the contract year production bump, I could maybe flip him before the deadline or next offseason for something. Plus the Chargers didn't see fit to add to the position in the draft.

And yeah MVS is a non-starter.
Glad I could help! I only know because I checked when debating if I should cut Donald Parham, a 6'8' behemoth TE that I've been waiting on him breaking out for 2 years now.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
never draft or hold MVS.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

ChocolatePancake posted:

I would not do this. MVS and a 2025 3rd round pick are both basically worthless, so you are essentially trading Sanders for Pacheco. I do not think there is a likely scenario, barring injury, that Pacheco out scores Sanders this year.

I see what you're saying and i'm not at all interested in MVS (Maybe Gerald Everett instead), I guess i'm thinking longer term with Pacheco vs. Sanders

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

Kamara will also be sharing touches with Jamaal Williams and the new rookie even when the suspension is over.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MakaVillian posted:

I see what you're saying and i'm not at all interested in MVS (Maybe Gerald Everett instead), I guess i'm thinking longer term with Pacheco vs. Sanders

Don't trust a chiefs rb

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Poque posted:

never draft or hold MVS.

I can confirm.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Poque posted:

never draft or hold MVS.
If he cant do it with a football why would I do it in fantasy?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MakaVillian posted:

Give:
Miles Sanders
2025 3rd round pick

Get:
Isiah Pacheco
MVS

If you're not competing, target future draft capital.

EDIT: To clarify, even Pacheco has limited value to you. Yes, he's a second year back, but by the time you are competing for a championship, he'll be a 4th or 5th year back and the odds of him being one of your top three backs is negligible. He'll be depth on your championship team. Draft picks are where you will get young talent that can break out or leverage into elite players.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 9, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Kamara will also be sharing touches with Jamaal Williams and the new rookie even when the suspension is over.

Yeah Kamara's arrow is pointing straight down imo. He was like the only functioning RB on the Saints last year and yet his usage got worse and worse as the season went on. Using my favorite website ever you can see that Taysom Hill was their goal line back, getting more attempts and having more success inside the 10. It also indicates Kamara got one target inside the 10 all year so he wasn't getting used that way either. The explanation may just be that Dennis Allen sucks but whatever the case, Kamara was not getting high value touches. All his work was between the 20s. And now they've added Jamaal "platonic ideal of a goal line back" Williams and a 3rd round rookie. Plus the whole suspension fear. I would want no part of him in dynasty and not really even redraft. They aren't acting like he's a big part of their future plans.

Sataere posted:

Pacheco has limited value to you. Yes, he's a second year back, but by the time you are competing for a championship, he'll be a 4th or 5th year back and the odds of him being one of your top three backs is negligible. He'll be depth on your championship team. Draft picks are where you will get young talent that can break out or leverage into elite players.

Pacheco was also a 7th round draft pick and these guys get thrown in the dumpster all the time. I do like him as long as his value isn't getting blown out of proportion. But a guy like him is a couple bad games from being out of the league so buyer beware.

If he cant do it with a football why would I do it in fantasy?

lol :golfclap:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Ended up not being able to agree on draft picks for Sanders as I was looking for 2 early-mid 2nds (rookie draft) and a youngish player. Not even sure that's enough for Sanders though?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MakaVillian posted:

Ended up not being able to agree on draft picks for Sanders as I was looking for 2 early-mid 2nds (rookie draft) and a youngish player. Not even sure that's enough for Sanders though?

I would be looking for a second this year and next.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I took on a Dynasty orphan for the first time. I posted about the Dispersal draft I did at the end of the old thread. I ended up with the following 2023 rookie picks:

and the following roster:
QB: a bunch of lovely backups
RB: Chubb, Javonte, Pacheco, Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Craig Reynolds
WR: JJ, Kupp, Boyd, Sutton, Wan'Dale, Jamo, Kyle Philips
TE: Juwan Johnson, Dulcich, Akins, Irv Smith, Dissly

I then...
Traded Kupp away for Hollywood Brown, 3.02, and 4.01. I should have gotten more here but no one else was biting and I was committing to the tank so I took it.
Traded back from 1.02 to 1.04 and got 3.04 and a future 4th.
Traded Chubb for 1.12 and 3.12.
Traded 1.12 for a 2025 1st and 2024 3rd.

I drafted Stroud with 1.04 (who I prefer over AR and BY, though I would have been okay with any of them).
I drafted Marvin Mims with 2.02 because I think he's going to be good but he'll be buried in the depth chart this year so he'll help me after I Crash For Caleb.

I feel really good about all of it. I have a good young core, I'll have two firsts round picks in 2025 when I'm ready to compete, and I had fun setting it all up.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Poque posted:

never draft or hold MVS.

This is the cold hard truth.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Never draft Chiefs other than Mahomes and Kelce in redraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Cat Hassler posted:

Never draft Chiefs other than Mahomes and Kelce in redraft

I was surprised in my dynasty drafts that nobody was reaching for Rashee Rice the way they did for Skyy Moore last year. It was very disappointing.