Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

god sleeper sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

insane trade to me.

About to have our dynasty superflex draft and someone traded me 1.2 (swapped with my 1.9) and 3.2 for Alvin Kamara.

So now I have my choice of anyone from this list but i'm in the unique position of not needing a QB in a superflex. I have Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence, Kirk Cousins and then some extra guys like Baker.

in this situation, I don't think twice right? I take Bijan Robinson and call it a draft. Right?

I have it on good authority Richardson is going first.

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang

kiimo posted:

in this situation, I don't think twice right? I take Bijan Robinson and call it a draft. Right?

Wow! Yes, no doubt.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Is the 1.01 going to take Richardson? But yeah if Bijan falls to you, take him and log off

Why the gently caress was someone so desperate to get 2023 Kamara lmao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Is the 1.01 going to take Richardson? But yeah if Bijan falls to you, take him and log off

He's bad. I jumped at the chance.

Here's how the first two rounds went.

edit: I had 2 and 3 and the fucker took Bijan first even though it's superflex and his QBs are Carr and Aaron Rodgers ugh

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 21, 2023

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Anyone have any idea where I can realistically expect Richardson to go in a 1QB ppr dynasty rookie draft?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

In 12 team PPR Dynasty Superflex, what value would you trade for Derrick Henry if you're making a championship push? I'm thinking the highest I would offer would be 2.11 this year or my 2nd next year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 22, 2023

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang

RCarr posted:

Anyone have any idea where I can realistically expect Richardson to go in a 1QB ppr dynasty rookie draft?

He went 1.09 in mine, which i think is in the range of consensus.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If I was a Derek Henry owner, I would except nothing less than a first round pick

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

I'm waiting for my SA Dynasty league peeps to see this trade and remember I've had Kamara since 2021 startup and send me all they have. Guys! Guys?!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

EconDad posted:

I'm waiting for my SA Dynasty league peeps to see this trade and remember I've had Kamara since 2021 startup and send me all they have. Guys! Guys?!

Package him with Zack Moss and we've got a deal

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

kiimo posted:

He's bad. I jumped at the chance.

Here's how the first two rounds went.

edit: I had 2 and 3 and the fucker took Bijan first even though it's superflex and his QBs are Carr and Aaron Rodgers ugh

How much time per pick? Why couldn't you grab Gibbs then field calls to trade back? That's what I did when Stroud was available at my 1.05 and I suck at dynasty

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Because Cousins probably won't be the quarterback for the Vikings next year. I'm happy to take Richardson who I wouldn't want to be my QB in real life but I fully expect to put up a ton of fantasy points to be the heir apparent for Cousins on my team next season.

Coming away with Richardson and Gibbs is a win for a rookie draft, everything later is a crap shoot so trading back in a rookie draft is silly, take the talent at the top.

The more dynasty drafts you do the more you realize what a slim chance these guys have of being on your team a year later.

I ended up with these guys. Yes there's a free agent safety in there, we have IDPs.

Anthony Richardson
Jahmyr Gibbs
Jalin Hyatt
Darnell Washington
Cedric Tillman
Kyle Hamilton
Zach Kuntz

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
What would be the best way to conduct an offline draft on yahoo now that they’ve gotten rid of their message boards? Should only be a 3-4ish round rookie draft.

We do offline because it’s a 16 league team of randos, and that would be a nightmare to organize. Debating doing all via email, or switching apps, but we’d likely lose a bunch of managers with the change.

On a side note, we have an open team as our commish just left if anyone would like to join a not serious 16 team keeper league! His team was very good and got second place last season.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The guy that took Hendon Hooker in the third round of our dynasty rookie draft realized he had too many QBs and dropped him.

What is a reasonable amount of my $1000 FAB that I should bid on him. I'm feeling 300 but may be overestimating his worth.

dude threw 80 touchdowns in college even if he's older than dirt and coming off an ACL. Detroit has so many weapons.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ares posted:

He went 1.09 in mine, which i think is in the range of consensus.

I’ve got the 1.09, I’m considering trading up to make sure I get him.

kiimo posted:

If I was a Derek Henry owner, I would except nothing less than a first round pick

Agreed, offering 2.11 for him is insulting.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

Agreed, offering 2.11 for him is insulting.
This is why I was fishing for feedback to get an idea of what the market was. I also forgot to mention that if I was offering 2.11 I would also have additional later and/or future picks on the table.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I wouldn’t let him go for less than a first.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

by the way spelling his name wrong and using the wrong accept is what I get for posting drunk

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

kiimo posted:

The guy that took Hendon Hooker in the third round of our dynasty rookie draft realized he had too many QBs and dropped him.

What is a reasonable amount of my $1000 FAB that I should bid on him. I'm feeling 300 but may be overestimating his worth.

dude threw 80 touchdowns in college even if he's older than dirt and coming off an ACL. Detroit has so many weapons.

I mean, how close are you to your QB limit? You said pre-draft that you didn't need a QB and then drafted a QB. I'm all for holding too many QBs in a superflex dynasty for trade chips/contingency, but that strategy still has limits.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I do have a lot of QBs but we also have rosters of 40 players.

Anyway I heard someone is spending 500 on him lol so that's out

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is why I was fishing for feedback to get an idea of what the market was. I also forgot to mention that if I was offering 2.11 I would also have additional later and/or future picks on the table.

Never make the first offer. If he's put him on the block, ask him what he's looking for. The person who sets the first asking price is setting a bad for the negotiations. He might value Henry a lot less than you do, so don't raise your own price.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

Why just cut him? You could get a draft pick. I'd 100% have paid a future third for him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

Why just cut him? You could get a draft pick. I'd 100% have paid a future third for him.

We have a 6 QB position limit, it was an offline draft and he was autodrafting but texted asking for Hooker if he was available. I said okay but then after the draft said you need to drop a QB so I can do the draft manually. After he dropped Hooker I texted him that we could call this a miscommunication but he felt like he intentionally did it and couldn't in good conscious go back on it, which I respect. He chose to drop Hooker over Stetson Bennett who he also drafted.

Still lol someone is about to bid half their season FAB on him, it's wild.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It’s so hard to trade in fantasy football, dynasty especially. Everyone just over values the poo poo out of their players. One guy has Burrow, Lamar, and Fields. I asked what he wanted for Lamar and he said he wouldn’t take less than Tee Higgins.

Ooook, moving on

This is a 1QB ppr league btw

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

Never make the first offer. If he's put him on the block, ask him what he's looking for. The person who sets the first asking price is setting a bad for the negotiations. He might value Henry a lot less than you do, so don't raise your own price.
I was the one reaching out because the guy's roster is barren and he had traded away 1.02 and 2.02 so he aint got poo poo. I was hoping he would be interested in some draft capital for his RB that will not last another 2 years, but I was not expecting the consensus to be "a first minimum", so thats on me.

RCarr posted:

It’s so hard to trade in fantasy football, dynasty especially. Everyone just over values the poo poo out of their players.
Agreed. I told the guy with Henry that I am potentially also interested in his Tyler Lockett... so he sent a trade offer of my Jakobi Meyers & 2.02 for his Lockett and a future 3rd. Like... uh, no. No way dude. Jakobi is 25 and is about to have an amazing season while Lockett is 30and can only go down hill from where he is with the Seahawks drafting JSN.

Edit: I just must be an idiot today, I did not realize Lockett was PPR WR 13 last year.... thought he was somewhere in the 20s.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 23, 2023

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Package him with Zack Moss and we've got a deal

Butter fingers me dropped my Moss.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the difference between a three dollar hooker and a 741 dollar hooker is what someone is willing to spend

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

We have a 6 QB position limit, it was an offline draft and he was autodrafting but texted asking for Hooker if he was available. I said okay but then after the draft said you need to drop a QB so I can do the draft manually. After he dropped Hooker I texted him that we could call this a miscommunication but he felt like he intentionally did it and couldn't in good conscious go back on it, which I respect. He chose to drop Hooker over Stetson Bennett who he also drafted.

Still lol someone is about to bid half their season FAB on him, it's wild.

I respect this.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

the difference between a three dollar hooker and a 741 dollar hooker is what someone is willing to spend

Dear lord.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

It’s so hard to trade in fantasy football, dynasty especially. Everyone just over values the poo poo out of their players. One guy has Burrow, Lamar, and Fields. I asked what he wanted for Lamar and he said he wouldn’t take less than Tee Higgins.

Ooook, moving on

This is a 1QB ppr league btw

You want a QB who was MVP and single-handedly brought teams to the FF championship. The QB just renewed his contract for 5 years, he won't sit out like he did last year. A dynasty QB for 5 or 8 years, set and forget. Great head coach. What do you think a fair offer is?

I'm not sure Tee Higgins is that far off the mark honestly.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah. It's sort of a bad position for him having three top ten-ish QBs as he's almost deflating their value. But depending on what the trade partner has, Tee Higgins seems like an okay ask.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Tee Higgins contract is up after 2023 without an extension, so he's no lock to stay on a team with a good QB. At least with Lamar you know he's the guy for five more years.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I have Lamar in dynasty (superflex though) and I was asking for 2 1st round picks plus at minimum around the draft

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm glad other people are confused by that. Tee Higgins isn't even the best WR on his team. He was WR17 in my league with PPR helping. Lamar also now has OBJ, Zay Flowers my #1 WR in the draft and a healthy Rashod Bateman. He could be QB1 in fantasy this season and I wouldn't be at all surprised, he's done it before.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I'm definitely eager to target Lamar come redraft league season later this fall. I'm sure he'll be a hot target but still below the top tier guys

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm probably too conservative when it comes to "might get hurt" so I have no interest in Lamar with the passing issues he has had, questions about his new offense, and his injury history.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I think there are far fewer questions about the Ravens' passing offence in a fantasy context than there were the last couple years.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Contract? Check. Offensive coordinator allowing Lamar to have flexibility and control over changing plays? Check. Weapons at every flex position? Triple Check.

I fully expect Lamar to take off. But if he doesn't there's nothing left to blame but himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, I'm grabbing as many shares of Lamar this year as I can. I suspect his price only goes up.