Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Trading a future year's first for this years second is a reasonable ask, especially an early second like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

In my 0.5 PPR (TE premium) superflex dynasty league was offered the following

Give:
Miles Sanders
2025 3rd round pick

Get:
Isiah Pacheco
MVS

Now I have little to no interest in MVS but i'm thinking of countering with asking him for Pacheco and Gerald Everett, as my only TE right now is Cole Kmet. I'm obviously giving up the best asset in Sanders but i'm not going to be competing for the next year at least so getting a little younger with an RB who's on a better offence (and who can catch maybe?) seems interesting. Worth noting I currently roster Mahomes and McKinnon so I'd have a lot of Chiefs stock.

Thanks for everyone's help all the time even though I don't contribute as much as I should.

I would not do this. MVS and a 2025 3rd round pick are both basically worthless, so you are essentially trading Sanders for Pacheco. I do not think there is a likely scenario, barring injury, that Pacheco out scores Sanders this year.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Man beergod not doing sheets feels like the end of an era, I used those for so long.

Thanks DN for putting together a cheatsheet for people, I'll definitely be leaning on it for my draft.

Same. The new draft sheet form is slick, and works really well. I also really appreciate the option to input the Yahoo settings, because at first I had no idea what I should put for the passing yards and rushing yards numbers.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
That's how I read it too. Figure I'll try the free trial when the season starts, and if it doesn't work just go back to sling or something.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Once again all my decisions were wrong.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Really hoping that Aaron Jones injury isn't significant. And that Andrews plays next week (of course we were told that his injury was nothing serious and not to worry about it).. And that Fields is better going forward (probably wishful thinking). How are my teams so injured and it's only week 1?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I usually blow pretty much all my FAAB in the first week or two. Pretty much never regret it.
This week I'm going all in on Puka, like 60% of my budget, in my 12 team .5 ppr league where we start 3 WR, with smaller bids for various RBs.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Lol why are we just finding out about this on Thursday? Man this season is just the worst.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Jayden Reed and Collins blowing up on my bench very nicely. Along with Swift. Yet again, all of my decisions were wrong.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

dkj posted:

Really glad I picked up and play Joshua Kelly in 3 or 4 leagues

Grabbing Kelly and Algier over him is turning out to have been a bad idea. But who could have seen this coming?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I'm thinking it might be time to abandon ship on Justin Fields

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Vargo posted:

When can I start saying Najee was a bad call?

I'm starting to agree with that assessment.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Poque posted:

the Colts D has maybe the softest fantasy schedule I have ever seen in my life and as a bonus they actually seem GOOD. Hard buy if they're available in your league

My only concern is next week playing the Rams.
One of my leagues has Colts, Browns, Bengals, & Steelers all available and I'm trying to decide which one to stick with for a while.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Poque posted:

If you're willing to hold both, they complement each other very nicely. I'm not personally particularly afraid of the Rams offense at the moment though, and Cleveland has a week 5 bye (worth keeping an eye on if they are dropped in your league), so if you need bench spots I'd just go Colts. Titans/Jags/Browns/Saints/Panthers/Patriots from weeks 5-10 is outstanding

That's a really good point. Probably can't do any worse than Jacksonville this week anyway, right?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

don't drop either!

cleveland looks to have the better d overall. hold them and figure out next week next week.

I wish I had any bench space to do that. Have to choose one or the other unfortunately. Despite everything so far this season, I have a very hard time trusting the Cleveland defense.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

you find it easier to trust the colts' d?

cleveland have allowed 20pt through 3 games. they are first in pressure rate. they have myles garrett. they are going up against baltimore's o-line that's been decimated by injuries. even then, jackson has been wonky at best. does baltimore even have a running back now? cleveland should just blitz and rush them and cause jackson to make quick decisions, which he hasn't been great at at any point in his career.

meanwhile, indy has been good, but they're not at that level. plus, the rams' o-line isn't anywhere near as bad as baltimore's right now. they did manage to score quite a few points on the ground against sf, after all.

i don't know, it's your team, but i'm taking cleveland 10 times out of 10 on this one.

You make very good points. My instinct is more emotional than anything else. Every time in the past I've trusted the Cleveland defense I've been burned. I'll put them at the top of my $0 waiver list for the week and hope for the best.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Also Palmer isn't that good. I haven't been impressed with most of his performances in the past when given this same opportunity.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Got Cleveland defense for free on waivers for the week. For week 5, I'm hoping to grab the Colts next week.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I started Aaron Jones over Achan lol

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Start everyone against the broncos defense going forward

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
So dropping Nico and Fields after last week wasn't my best moves. Nico was to pick up Achane but still

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Look, I'm not bad at fantasy it's the coaches who keep calling the wrong plays and quarterbacks who just refuse to give the ball to their best players who just so happen to be on my fantasy team.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Personally I like the Lions defense. They've been playing well and have a good schedule.
I don't trust the Jets D because their offense is so bad, they'll tend to get worn down. Chiefs D is decent, but match up dependent in my opinion.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
My RB situation is also dire.

My top two RB are Najee Harriss and Gus Edwards. I have Josh Kelley, Tyler Allgeier, and Tyjae Spears on my bench. I am somehow 2-2 (thanks Puka!).
Trying to trade for a real RB, but trades are rare and hard to come by.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

mega dy posted:

Is Tee Higgins going to have value going forward? Got offered him in a trade.

If you believe that Joe Burrow will get healthy then yes. In my experience he's a bit boom/bust. You never know when Joe will just fixate on Chase all day. But I liked having him on my team.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I would definitely dump FAAB on Addison. He seems poised for a breakout.

I would not go for Zach Moss. I fully expect Taylor to have completely taken over that backfield by next week. If you need a RB, go for Demercado but be prepared for disappointment. Jeff Wilson Jr could be an upside stash, but he cannot stay healthy.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

trilljester posted:

Hi fellow Fantasy Goons,

I have the Bengals defense, but they've been garbage this season. Should I pickup the Lions D for this weekend vs the Bucs? Options are pretty slim on the waiver wire, so any advice would be appreciated.

I usually use https://subvertadown.com/ for my DST streaming, but I'm sticking with the Lions this week. Only teams in my league available in his top 10 are Jacksonville and Minnesota, who I don't trust at all. Lions have been solid, and they have good match ups the next two weeks as well.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

dxt posted:

pssh kickers are fun. Fantasy football is supposed to be dumb and infuriating. I'm in one league with 2 kickers (with insane boosted K scoring) and one league that's only special teams.

It's me. I like kickers in fantasy football as well. Yes, they are dumb random bullshit, but I like it for some reason. It feels wrong without them.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
After a week or two I can always grab a top 2 kicker off of free agency. It gives me a positional advantage most weeks, but a lot of people don't seem to even bother looking at the kicker position after the draft other than the bye week.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Might get some garbage time points? Most teams won't be like the broncos and ignore the only playmaker on the bears, especially now he doesn't have a QB again. I wouldn't expect much going forward.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
There's no reason to keep Zach Evans around anymore, right?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Thanks. I'll drop him and see if I can't get Foreman back or get back on the Gus Bus.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Absolutely, call your shot though. Who you starting instead? The lower on this list the more I support this decision

Gonna be real bold here and go with Jeff Wilson. Mostert is injured, Achane not back yet...

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

kiimo posted:

Mostert is practicing today

Well so much for my Jeff Wilson dreams. drat you Wednesday rest days!

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I live in Denver and the snow is already letting up significantly. We got a good amount overnight but I would expect the field to be clear. Probably some mild wind throughout the game and it is quite cold, but I doubt it will have a huge impact on the game.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Those seem pretty reasonable to me.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I'm going up against Lamb and cowboys defense today. Guess I can just check out now.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

I need to drop Najee Harris just so I stop putting him in a lineup.

I agree. The problem is that all my RBs are just as bad.

Is Levis good, or was this just a huge fluke?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
And Cousins tore his Achilles. Wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

EconDad posted:

Drafted Najee in a dynasty startup this summer. Imagined he’d be an RB2 at the very worst.

I never imagined we would get whatever in the hell this Najee “variant” is.

I empathize with all my fellow Najee havers. I also bought into the 'new and improved' Steelers offense this year. It sucks.