Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

edit: nevermind. need brain to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm switching my league to auction for the first time. What are some good resources I should share with the league? I don't mean beersheets and others like that but more along the lines of strategy guides.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

You can show them a couple of mock drafts using the software and such. If they understand fantasy football basics, they’ll understand it, it’s usually just adjusting to the software and bidding process.

Ooh that's a great idea! I love that.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Organizing drafts is such a bitch. Finally had a date where 12/12 could be there, in person. Great!! One of them even offers to host.

One day later he messages and goes "oh yeah I'm gonna be out of town that weekend so I'll be autodrafting."

Thanks dude. :downs:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I've never had a year with full draft participation. It's my white whale.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

0.5 ppr, 12 teams, $200 budget. Standard roster + w/t flex, 5 bench.

Miles Sanders $33
Darren Waller $24
Amon-Ra St. Brown $47
Keenan Allen $20
Justin Fields $4
Jaylen Waddle $22
Travis Etienne Jr. $17
Christian Watson $11
Terry McLaurin $4
Isiah Pacheco $4
Michael Thomas $2
Cole Kmet $1
Brian Robinson Jr. $1
49ers D/ST $2
Jake Elliott $3

Remaining Budget: $5

I f ucked up. I wasted money on 49ers and Jake because I had to spend it all. :rip:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

VietCampo posted:

That seems like a lot for Sanders.

I was trying to raise it just enough and ended up winning :eng99:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

It was personally my first one ever and also everyone else in the league minus one owner. It was a really fun experience.

e: I did one mock before this and I was bored after I won CMC, Kupp, and Mahomes but then had no money left so I pivoted my spending strategy for the actual auction.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Tier B is hell. But don't give up hope - I was in Tier A once. There were flowers and trees and lakes and little critters everywhere! Splendid! But I couldn't escape the curse of Tier B and I was dragged back down by the maw of a football demon..I pine for freedom and one day I'll have it yet again.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I have Cole Kmet and Roshon Johnson so I feel you guys. We're all winners here.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

Alright I made my ideal league, a bog standard no PPR yahoo league. Feel free to join! We can work out if we want to do money or what. I'm down for $10 but I generally like to stay away from money + sports because I'm weird. Other ideas: I force the gf to crochet some fun football things for the top 3, homemade hot sauce, I paint the winner a beautiful work of art, something. If this gets any traction I'll probably make a thread so we can finalize things.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1108088/invitation?key=154d3495b3c4af11&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=828ab839aaa3a6d3

I joined. I'm down for a free league with a bunch of smart people. Seems like a good time.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yahoo gave me a league award claiming my team is expected to earn the most points over the season :madmax:

BML - League Settings - Auction - $200 budget, 0.5 PPR, 12 teams:

Bit more points for passing TDs, bit bigger penalties for interceptions and fumbles.

Team:
  • QB: Jalen Hurts ($32)
  • WR: Cooper Kupp ($50)
  • WR: DeAndre Hopkins ($10)
  • RB: Austin Ekeler ($57)
  • RB: James Conner ($16)
  • TE: Kyle Pitts ($8)
  • W/T: Rashod Batemen (WR) ($1)
  • W/R/T: Alexander Mattison (RB) ($16)

• Bench: Treylon Burks (WR)
  • Bench: Samaje Perine (RB)
  • Bench: Allen Lazard (WR)
  • Bench: Donovan Peoples-Jones (WR)
  • Bench: Deon Jackson (RB)

• IR: Jeff Wilson Jr (RB)

Evaluation: I compared the yahoo $ values with 1) THE RINGER and 2) the Football Absurdity Draft Sheet. Those two sources had significantly different $values for some players. So my approach was basically to go after players which had yahoo $values lower than both Ringer and FA. All my starters were drafted at $values substantively lower than the FA $values and lower or equal to the RINGER $values.

I'm pretty stoked on the alleged discount I got for Hurts, Conner, and Mattison.

Whachu think friends? Stand pat until after week 1? Or try and pick up a high upside WR lottery ticket?

What WRs are available at this point? I like your team, I'm just curious.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Hyatt for Donovan seems easy

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

darkspider42 posted:

2 spot have opened up for Tier B in the Goon Tier -

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4038206

The most complicated way to play fake football.

Let me know if anyone has any questions or would like to join, rules are on the first post and we've been running for over 10 years now.

One more! One more! JOIN US so we can set the draft date :3:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Play posted:

Looks good to me, Goff was probably a stretch and your bench doesn't look great to me but the starting lineup pretty strong.

I need some advice on who to keep. Drafting 8th and 16th in the first two rounds, I get two keepers. Contest really between AJ Brown, Amon-Ra St Brown, and Garrett Wilson. Also have Rhamondre but not really considering that. a

I really want to go Amon-Ra and Wilson, Wilson was okay for me last year but I really see a breakout season coming for him this year. I know the offense may not through as often as some others but the kid's so talented and he's clearly their number one target.

AJ Brown was great for me but he seemed a bit fluky. Lots of touchdowns over average and the Eagles have a lot of other really good targets. I'd be very curious to know what anyone who cares to comment thinks

Personally, I'd go Sun God and Rhamondre but if you're not into the RB pick, I'd also go Wilson here. The upside is great and AJ Brown has always been great but flukey in my opinion. Just due to target possibilities, not anything to do with his own skill.

e: I should mention I'm into Rhamondre because he's part of my former dynasty plans (before the league died this year :rip:). Herbert, Watson, Hopkins, Jacobs, Etienne, and Rhamondre would've been decent this year.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 2, 2023

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Tomorrow is the best/worst day. I've been dreading it. It's gonna be brutal yet I remain hopeful. Three drafts back to back. :suicide:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

So yesterday was my big draft day with 3 in a row. I am going to share my successes and failures with all of you because I love you all. Here you go:

GoonTier B, 0.5 PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex/IDP, 11th pick

I am always ambivalent about drafting against other goons. Feeling okay? I am very happy about the Mostert/Taylor combo though. If things work out then how I hope they will, I'll be doing well by week 5.

Bay Area Bitches, 1PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex,/DST/K, 1st pick

Not a huge fan of this one but I defaulted to JJ but my gut is telling me Kelce or CMC... The rest of it looks bog standard to me. Nothing crazy.

Arm Chair Football League, 0.5ppr, QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex/DST

This draft was loving WEIRD. Back up and really early QBs, back up and early D/STs, back up and early TEs, etc. I feel like I have a dope rear end team here, minus the QB gamble. But I Believe.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

coronaball posted:

What site allows you to trade FAAB? That sounds kind of cool actually.

Both Sleeper and ESPN allow it

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Hit your panic buttons!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1699121863425671499?s=20

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Vargo posted:

well I was going to ask if an offer to trade my Mandrews was worth considering, but I think the price just went up.

But seriously, are either of these offers worth considering if I'm seeking a QB upgrade? Right now I'm starting Tua and stashing Pickett. The Mark Andrews one is probably a no-go, but I'm mildly considering the A.J. Brown one.

Both suck but the second one is less bad if that helps. While Herbert is potentially a huge upgrade, you'll end up with Tua as a back up. Which is basically like having two starters, imo. So that's also somethign to consider..

The second one is REALLY bad if this is ppr tho

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I don't think he would've gotten hurt if there wasn't so much pressure on him to perform

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

sheesh, calm down guys. we have two knees for a reason.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Guys Ive been in a coma since 2017 and just woke up for a fantasy football draft, how did i do? 12 team yahoo standard

Help with team names?

The Old and the Onerous

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

It's Sky Moore's time to flyyy

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I picked him up in two of my leagues last week. I love it when a hunch works out.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Wow, that's impressive! What led to you forming your hunch?

Nothing crazy, really. My gut was telling me McVay would look for fresh blood with "similarities" to Kupp so I opted to go with the recent draft pick over Jefferson or Atwell. I actually also picked him up as Kupp replacement but didn't start him because I wasn't fully confident in my choice. Brave enough to stash but not enough to start. :eng99:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

He was on my mind ever since the draft in mid-August because the Rams fan in the group bid 5 bucks on him to no competition

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

I was going to say even in my worst league full of idiots Roschon is rostered

I'm the idiot / smart guy who drafted a Khalil / Roschon combo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Not even 80 bucks should be able to beat a bid of 69. FAAB is so dumb!!!!!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

somedude posted:

I assume this is the thread to post about trade offers. One guy in one of my leagues has made his fifth offer to get Kamara from me. His most recent offer is Javonte / Higbee for Kamara. Other than the distinct possibility this guy loves Kamara, I don't get it. We both have had subpar RB play from our starting RBs, so I get him trying to improve that but surely he has better trading partners. His fourth offer included no RB back to me so I told him outright I rejected it for that reason, so he proposed Javone for Kamara as his fifth offer (even though that is worse than a previous offer of Gabe Davis/Javonte for Kamara). Find you someone who like Kamara as much as this man.

Similar situation except every trade involves the other guy sending me Puca for Kyren Williams in all its variations. He has Kupp in IR too.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

somedude posted:

And let me guess, you can't afford to drop WR production....

Nah, I Have Reek and Lamb. I can't afford to lose RB production though, which is why the trade is ???? to me.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm super close to starting Roschon Johnson because of garbage time potential

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

Achane makes some noise today maybe? Not startable obviously.

maybe if mostert's health regresses to the mean

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

I’m going for it. Fortune favors the bold.

let's loving go

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

maybe i should've taken that kyren williams for puka + achane deal lol oops? idk i still feel like it's two backups for a starter.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm gonna drop 101/200 on Achane. I feel like that's not enough...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Vargo posted:

I'm about to spend over 400 of my remaining 600 on Achane, and I still think it'll get outbid. My RBs are in DIRE shape because I drafted Ekeler and Najee, so I'm willing to throw down as much as I can on the guy who will take over fully when Mostert is inevitably hurt.

Did this, won it. Next highest bid was $20 :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Hugely regret not starting Monty and also thoroughly relieved my offer of Monty for a TE I forgot about to the Gibbs owner was rejected right before the game