Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Any superflex dynasty rookie draft favorites in the 2.02 pick range? Went Richardson at 1.02. Thinking Miller, La Porta, or Mingo in that order at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Have you considered auction instead? That way random draft order doesn’t dictate who gets the QBs…

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
2.01 is on the clock, so I’m up next at 2.02. The following are still on the board: Achane, Mayer, LaPorta, Mingo, Rice, Levis, Hooker, and all the other usual suspects. I assume Achance will be taken, so narrowing in on LaPorta…

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
We can pick out draft slot in our 12 team 0.5 PPR re-draft league. I have the 2nd selection the 3rd slot has been taken, but all others are open. Seems like either pick 2, or 10/11 is the way to go based off current ADPs on ESPN. Any strong thoughts? No 3rd round reversal.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Dynasty question… next year will be our 4th year and we are losing a pair of owners for the first time in a 12 team league. I’ll preface my thoughts by sayings it’s my fault for not establishing how this plays out ahead of time. One team is competitive but not top tier, while the other is bottom tier, but has a decent amount of assets.

1) Old owners pay 1/2 of the dues for next year. Two new owners can bid up to the remaining 1/2 to claim their preferred team. Will entertain the possibility of an additional comp pick for each owner (1.13, and something further back for the better team. Will probably reduce the prize pot for one year.

2) Allowing the new owners to have a dispersion draft between the two vacated teams and their assets. Immediate draft picks would be included, while the future picks would stay with said teams.

I’ll probably put this to a vote in the league before going further, but want to see if there is anything I’m missing. This will be the precedent going forward, with the caveat that if you trade a future 1st, you are on the hook for the full dues for that year no matter what.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

Docjowles posted:

Huge disclaimer that I do not play dynasty, but if I were joining a new league, I would much prefer #2.

I don't really even understand number #1. Are the new owners not on the hook for any dues next year unless they opt to bid for the teams? If they both bid the full amount how do you decide who gets which team? If I were joining a league I would expect to pay the full yearly dues. And as an existing manager I'd be pissed if the new guy won in year 1 and hadn't even paid into the pot. Maybe I am just misunderstanding you but it all sounds messy.

I like option 2 as well for “fairness”. You raise good questions over the first option. Dues are normally $100, but I don’t want to put that on the new owners for teams they had no parts in constructing. Half-way through the season I was notified that one person wanted to bounce, then a second also chimed in. I want the previous owners to at least pay half of next year’s fee. The problem that comes next is how do you decide which new manager gets which team? So, the “additional bidding” is a thought to allow them to go after the team they want, while adding back to the total $ pot.

Option 2 would seem to allow for a more clean 50/50 pot contribution from old and new managers.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Yeah no salary for us either. I guess I can just see if new managers are agreeable to take a team as is. If not, then I can throw out the dispersion draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
I am also a dynasty Chubb haver :agesilaus:. I have an ascending younger-side roster and was going to sell him last year, but alas. I’m a tad weak at RB and think at this point I’m going to hold him and hope for the best. Don’t blame you for taking 2.05. It’s a tough one to parse out!