Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Fantasy football is a mental disorder that runs from September to December. Like seasonal depression but dumber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

You still have to trade your fifth to Quiet Feet now, it’s a tradition.

Yeah! :mad:

Also my 1st and 2nd rounders are on the block in that league!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

I'd like to CRUSH Quiet Feet in a dynasty league.

I'm perfectly capable of being crushed without you.

Silly Burrito posted:

Is this sufficient

I'll own it. Kupp had one top-10 finish prior to this trade, had two years in the mid-20s, and then the injury year. I was 2-2 at the start of 2021 after a couple of lackluster season and figured I should just sell off pieces and try to rebuild. Didn't think he would keep up that pace through the rest of the season!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

kiimo posted:

the difference between a three dollar hooker and a 741 dollar hooker is what someone is willing to spend

Dear lord.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Poque posted:

are there even five TEs worth rostering this year?

Just gonna quote this so I can post it once a year around this time.

TE loving sucks and every single league would be better off scrapping it for another flex slot. Every year there's like maybe 4 worth even rostering and only because it's Kelce, who's draftable, and three random schmucks who all have a career year and then disappear.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Zach Ertz was the best $4 I ever spent on a TE last year before he died. :sigh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kittle always misses time too. He' an awesome player but you're definitely gonna lose him for a stretch.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Goon Beer League is looking for one more to join us this year! This is a 12-team, .5ppr ESPN league where winners receive tasty local beers from league mates around the continental US! Draft time is tentatively looking like August 20th 8:00 PM EST

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

CJ Stroud... is bad!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Poque posted:

Lol Hockensen sucks, TE is a wasteland

Won't stop him from getting targets though!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Docjowles posted:

A bunch of Patriots starters are still available though :lol:

Eww.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

kiimo posted:

I wouldn't take any KC receivers in redraft.

Who are you and what have you done with Kiimo?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm sure I mention this every year but if you want a laugh, check out Rotowire's mock draft site.

The last 12-team mock I did had 31 TEs taken overall. :psyberger:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My dreams of Khalil Shakir, WR1, ruined!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Yeah Kelce is going top-6 this year with some regularity. No way in hell anyone gets him in round 3.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I don't know who needs to hear this but you can still draft Vinny Testaverde* in Sleeper drafts.

I've done it two years in a row now.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Ah dang it’s his kid (which makes a lot more sense). Would have been a phenomenal AFCE league meme pick since we are now well past the point of drafting useful people anyway

Yeah that was why the asterisk. :)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Xazavian Valladay isn't a man's name, that's a list of medications you're picking up for your gramma.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Really trying to avoid having playoff games during weeks in which the NFL is having byes (week 14). I don't think there's a clean, perfect solution, and it's probably only for this year anyway

Thanks, will definitely be incorporating some of these guys

Is that on Sleeper?

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't know who needs to hear this but you can still draft Vinny Testaverde* in Sleeper drafts.

I've done it two years in a row now.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Free auction league this friday night!
https://sleeper.com/i/YOOWNNkw0Me3

1 QB, PPR I'll mail the winner some sauce.

I'm an idiot who once again said I wouldn't have more than 3 leagues this year but put me in as your emergency last player if you have a final seat that needs an rear end.

The Big Jesus posted:

I can keep one. 2WR, 0.5 ppr, espn, 12 teams.

JK dobbins 15th round
Trevor Lawrence 16th round.

Brian Robinson 11th
Jalen waddle 4th
Pacheco 13th.

Leaning toward one of the first two, most likely dobbins but I’m not caught up on ravens news.

I'm high on Lawrence to be a top-10 guy again this year.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 28, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

While I'm here, rate my Goon Beer League draft draught.

QB: Jared Goff $1
RB1: Christian McCaffrey $63
RB2: Miles Sanders: $22
WR1: Davante Adams $46
WR2: Calvin Ridley $29
TE: Dallas Goedert $9
Flex: Tyler Lockett $12

K: Justin Tucker $3
D/ST: Eagles $2

Bench
QB: Gardner Minshew $1
RB: Gus Edwards $1
RB: Chuba Hubbard $1
RB: Brian Robinson $5
RB: Elijah Mitchell $3
WR: Isaiah Hodgins $1
WR: Tyler Boyd $1

Have since bumped Boyd, Minshew and Gus for Stafford, Justyn Ross and Evan Hull.

I'm not sure if Chuba is even worth a roster spot because he sucks and I can't see him getting Sanders' volume if Sanders does miss time.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Same!

QB: Justin Herbert ($13)
RB: Josh Jacobs ($45)
RB: Jerick McKinnon ($2)
WR: Justin Jefferson ($60)
WR: Jaylen Waddle ($37)
TE: Darren Waller ($12)
FLEX: Jahan Dotson ($8)
D/ST: Jets ($1) (since dropped for Deon Jackson)
K: Jake Elliott $(1)

BENCH
RB: Zach Charbonnet ($4)
RB: Tank Bigsby ($3)
RB: De'Von Achane ($3)
RB: Kenneth Gainwell ($2)
RB: Jaylen Warren ($1)
WR: Zay Flowers ($4)
WR: Jordan Addison ($4)

Am hoping these bench RBs can become solid contributors here and there since everything feels pretty solid outside of my RB2 spot

It's a good core. Your WRs are gonna win you some weeks, Jacobs is a great RB1 and Herbert is a top-10 guy. I don't see why everyone is high on Waller this year. Yeah he's more talented than anyone on that Giants offense but they didn't seem to use TEs much last year. Then again maybe it's a chicken and the egg thing where they didn't throw to TEs last year because their tight ends sucked. :shrug: Dotson might make a leap but Sam Howell at QB1 really limits his upside IMO.

I don't honestly like anyone on that bench (I dunno, maybe Addison?) in redraft but I'm a believer that your bench after the draft should not remotely resemble your bench at the end of the year, and drafting for depth never seems to work IMO.

Elliot isn't gonna get you much because the Eagles are only gonna score TDs baybee. :colbert:

No strong opinion on the Jets D.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

In all fairness "TE nobodies" is like 90% of the league.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ayudo posted:

Was just considering kicking Mostert back to the wire. Dolphins have to add somebody or bring Gaskin back right?

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1697256885454528642?s=20

Gas king just signed with Minnesota

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Poque posted:

People have now picked up my Mostert, Gallup, Renfrow, Irv Smith, and Chris Evans scraps. They are more than welcome to ruin their own teams the way I ruined mine.

What the? What on earth has anyone seen to want to pick up Skirvatio Horatio Cornelius Smith Jr?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Rate my 1PPR dynasty team.

Still need to drop 4 players. Gardner Minshew will not be among them and if you even think of making that suggestion you will feel a cold wind across the back of your neck.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Can't say I like it too much. Drop Hurts, Brown, Miller, and Allen for better balance.

Hmm. I see. Let me just.... heeeeey waaaaitaminute! :mad:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Oh god my beer league and 20-team league QBs face off on Thursday.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I wouldn't do either of those.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm gonna say Justyn Ross.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

It's entirely possible that with Kelce out there is no #1 guy and just one or two random dudes go off every week.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Who's the best bench stash among these options? No ppr.

Marvin Mims
Romeo Doubs
Jalin Hyatt
Jonathon Mingo
Rashid Shaheed

Doubs is the WR2 on his team but people seem really leery of him this year for some reason?

kiimo posted:

Something should be said how easy and often Justyn Ross got open and caught touchdowns like, every day in camp. And games.

I hope you're right because I think the same and have him in every single league this year. :pray:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Vargo posted:

I really do believe there's a chance Chuba becomes the guy in Carolina over Sanders, or at least he leads a committee. But ultimately if I'm gonna have part of an offense, I'd rather have part of the Ravens than the Panthers.

I do not get this line of reasoning at all. Sanders is generally underappreciated for no apparent reason. He has a career 5.0 ypc. Any time I mention that there's always one or two people who suggest that's entirely a product of the line he was running behind but neither Boston Scott (4.3) or Gainwell (4.4) or anyone else on that roster managed to hit that number. Jordan Howard achieved a 4.12 ypc in his three years in Philly, between 2019 and 2021. Corey Clement managed 4.08 in two years, admittedly that was back in 2017/2018. Sanders got slapped with the "bad at catching passes" label in 2020 when he only caught about 50% and that's stuck despite it being the year when Carson Wentz only managed to complete 57% of his passes. I cannot understate just how bad Wetnz sucked that year, and despite everyone knowing that Philly couldn't pass for poo poo, Sanders managed 5.29 YPC on 164 attempts. Every other year, Sanders has hauled in about 75% of balls thrown his way. That seems about in line with other backs? Maybe he's a huge rear end in a top hat or something. :shrug:

Maybe you've watched more of Chuba than I have but he seems like he has one gear and isn't particularly elusive. A quarter of his yards in 2022 came in one game against the Lions D and his stats that year are a pretty small sample size. If they were really that confident in him I don't think they would have brought in another lead back a second year in a row. D'onta Foreman outperformed him and I don't think anyone is ready to crown D'onta.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

If Noah Gray gets half the points Kelce normally does he winds up like TE6 or something in the interim.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

https://twitter.com/FantasyGazette_/status/1699162618982793313/photo/1

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm going full gently caress it and starting Noah Gray over Dawson Knox in 20-team league let's goooooo

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm going full gently caress it and starting Noah Gray over Dawson Knox in 20-team league let's goooooo

Going great so far. Just so great! Love it! Shut up.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

So…uh…why did I draft Gibbs?

Montgomery is honestly not that good and they'll probably pivot away from him at some point.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

The Chiefs' insistence on not throwing to their best receiver (McKinnon) last night was baffling.

Pacheco and CEH sucked rear end even before Pacheco got banged up.

Yeah, he was top 10 in RB targets last year. Feels weird to just be an afterthought like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Lost in last night's debacle is that Justyn Ross caught 100% of his targets. They need to give him more opportunities I say.