Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Notice in your link:

Available across devices in the United States, NFL+ will now include a live stream of NFL Network and NFL RedZone in addition to access to live out-of-market preseason games, live local and primetime regular season and postseason games (phone and tablet only), live local and national audio for every game, NFL Films' archives and more.

as far as I can tell, redzone via NFL+ should be available on roku/apple tv? or castable to your TV from an ipad?

the device restrictions to phone/tablet are always mentioned for full live games, which redzone isn't really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I was trying to raise it just enough and ended up winning :eng99:

god i love auctions. so sad I'm only in one. it's by far the most fun type of draft just for stuff like this

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

my first drafts of the year start in 90 minutes. ppr redraft with flex, old school (nearly 20 years) relegation format with over 40 total leagues in 6 different tiers, something like 500+ teams. top tier has just one league, second their had 2 leagues, third tier 4 leagues, and so on. I’m in both second tier leagues (you can participate in the relegation format with up to 2 individual teams, which can’t ever be in the same individual league).

12 hour clock slow draft. here we goooo.

also made the top tier of reddit’s relegation league format this year: narffl premier league. 1500 or so total teams in narffl. relegation leagues are so fun.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

does anyone here really think etienne is worth a late 3rd / early 4th in any format? doug pederson has a history of running committees with nobody breaking 1000 yards. last year a fluke for travis?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ADP for Drake London seems weirdly low. run first team and all, but it’s a vastly improved offensive lineup with him and his QB going into year 2 together. what gives? I’m enjoy getting him in the 6th as WR2/3

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

How many targets do you think he's going to have per game?

he averaged almost 10 targets a game the last 5 games of the season, which includes the entire span of D-Rid's starts

if he averages 8/game that's nearly 140 targets, which is a healthy WR1 volume. AJB in his 2nd year, in an Arthur Smith offense, got 7.6 tgts/game and he suffered an early season knee injury that surely affected game plans. plus he had some weird week 10 thing where he didn't get the start and only got 4 targets.

the team has zero other receiving target hog threats other than perennial disappointment and route-deprived Kyle Pitts

like I dunno they drafted him top 10 just last year and fed him at end of season, I guess I don't expect targets to dry up when the overall offense gets... better?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

My home redraft league had its

last night. Here's what I ended up with. Drafting 1.08, 13-team league, 0.5 PPR

QB: Justin Fields
RB: Josh Jacobs
RB: Rhamondre Stevenson
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Tyler Lockett
TE: Tyler Higbee
FLEX: Breece Hall
FLEX: Mike Evans
D/ST: Washington (ARI matchup week 1)
K: Riley Patterson

BENCH
RB: Raheem Mostert
RB: Tank Bigsby
WR: Skyy Moore
WR: Marvin Mims
WR: Zay Flowers
TE: Sam LaPorta

I would really like this team but TEs kept getting drafted way earlier than ADP and I ended up punting the position pretty hard. My primary target was going to be Darren Waller at 5.08 but he went at... 4.02?

I’ll bite. How are you doing weekly h2h matchups in a 13 team league? Byes?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

One team has a "bye" each week where they play against a dummy team (since Sleeper only does even numbers of teams). Record-wise, the bye will count as a tie. 14 weeks in the regular season means one team will get two byes but what can you do? This is the first year we've done 13, arrived at it accidentally when one long-time member bowed out and two previous members wanted back in.

This is the dummy team. Open to comedy options re: the roster, I mostly just picked randos

don't like the bit where one team gets two byes (it's just asking for potential drama if that ends up mattering). I'd adjust your regular season duration, maybe have that week be an extended playoff wildcard round. otherwise fun!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Vargo posted:

Have any of you ever done a league that allows you to trade draft picks? I've got an offer in my 12-team home league that is essentially me giving up my 1st and 4th round picks for an extra pick in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Since I'm drafting 7th, this pretty much means giving up Kelce or Kupp for guaranteed shots at Sun-God and Mandrews?

I don't know how to measure the value here, is the thing.

I'm a long time member of a super complicated league-of-leagues where draft pick trading is very frequent. That trade offer is terrible. In this example from a calculator we use, I've assumed your counterparty is the 6th pick:

it doesn't look much better assuming your counterparty has any other set of natural picks. I'd only consider it if you are confident you have mocked a very specific draft plan you want to execute.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

evans won me 2 ‘ships last year

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

first live draft of the year for me, guess the format (ppr/half/std) and league size

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

10 team, standard, final destination, no items

indeed, 10 team standard

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

Somehow I ended up bracketed between the few very experienced fantasy football people in what is a pretty casual league where a lot of people are not super knowledgeable. It feels a lot worse to watch the player you want fall 10 spots past their ADP all the way to 1 spot in front of you, but then get taken every single round.

I did the inverse this year. My brother-in-law invited me to join their league where it's mostly casuals, and he runs the league and did a draft slot lotto thing where you got to pick your slot. Long story short, I ended up 1 slot in front of him and sniped a guy I knew he coveted (Bijan) in round one.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

dunno man. even in a 10 team league, like the one I drafted in Friday, toward the end of the draft some dudes like donovan peoples-jones and juju and MVS are getting drafted. in a 10-teamer.

meanwhile Kirk Cousins and Aaron Rodgers are getting drafted outside the top 10 QB's. QBs get hurt too and I'd rather roster Cousins as a QB2 than DPJ. Even if you don't have to start him he's better trade bait for someone who will inevitably need a QB

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

to me, it's about value. at some point the lotto tickets aren't worth it. who's really banking on this being DPJ's breakout year as CLE's WR3 and perhaps 5th option in a mediocre passing game? he should be drafted after Aaron Rodgers in any format. the odds of him hitting are much lower than the odds of your QB missing games and you wanting someone better than whoever's in the wire. plus you will have to have a QB for the bye week anyway. thus I don't stick with the hard and fast rules like "don't draft a QB2"

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

well, now you're talking about making value judgments... which is the entire point of my argument. I only have to give one counter-example to invalidate a "don't draft a QB2 if you have a top 5 guy" rule

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

I ended up in 2nd place in a league last year with Hurts out, losing by 1 point in the finals while the FA QBs were absolutely trash tier and got me like 6 points. You are acting like those decent backup QBs will all be there when you need them week 8, and not siphoned up throughout the early part of the year if they actually look good. If Carr or Howell look good now someone will grab them before you need them, while if you draft one at least you get first dibs to see if they are worth anything.

yep. In a 14-teamer last year, where I did win the championship, I only drafted 1 QB and regretted it most of the season as he vastly underperformed. waiver wire was a mess -- I ended up starting Gardner loving Minshew in the finals -- but fortunately I was bailed out by championship week hulk Mike Evans

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Jalin Hyatt just went undrafted in the goon 20-team half-PPR league that picks 280 total players.

unless you can do keepers, I'd drop him and get a QB2

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Floofy posted:

Well poo poo. Sam Howell is best still in the board according to yahoo

on second thought, lol welp

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

We hear it every year folks: Don't draft Tight Ends!

I’d search for a “don’t draft a TE2 if you have a top-3 tight end” style post but I’m phone posting and :effort:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

stupid C-Watson injury outta nowhere. now I gotta choose how to manage my alternatives: Addison, McKinnon, Mims, and LaPorta. I already had Addison in flex, but if I need both him and McKinnon -- McKinnon starts tomorrow and would need to be in the flex. Locking me into Addison, Watson or Mims as WR2 on game day instead of my original Addison/Watson if this Watson thing is no big deal.

I never liked TNF

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

McKinnon so hard, especially if your league awards any points for receptions.

But put him in a dedicated RB slot. Never flex a TNF player

yeah, I'd maneuver things around so he'd be in a RB slot but the net effect is basically the same of course (barring last minute injury to another starter)

RCarr posted:

I’m in 4 leagues and don’t have a starter going tomorrow win any of them

I envy you

I'm so annoyed by all this -- and not at all confident in McKinnon's week 1 value -- that I came up with another solution: dropped my last round flier and picked up Jaylen Reed from the wire as a Watson handcuff. Doubs is injured too so what the hell, Reed might be in for a sizable workload. I could also do Musgrave (GB rookie TE) but the WR seems higher ceiling if Watson's out.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I've been in this same league since like 1999 and it's all Bears fans I grew up with, so I don't think I've had a Bear on my team in years. They always get snatched up way earlier in the draft than they deserve by my homer friends.

god, in another league I’m in (6 this year ugh) it was a salary cap draft. now those are simply the best. but in this one a Bears fan was just trying to finish off his bench and roster a Bear. he had no money left to outbid. so when he nominated Mooney, someone sniped him for $2: we were surprised but whatever. then next time around he nominated Claypool, who was also sniped for $2. complete loving befuddlement, who wants to spend for the Bears WR3?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Docjowles posted:

Happy “waiting for the inevitable Travis Kelce will test his knee in pre game warmups tweet” day to all who celebrate

i got you covered

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/1699764075532620153

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

So…uh…why did I draft Gibbs?

you thought you were playing dynasty

(e: gibbs did look good)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

has there ever been a season when the same team produced two RBs in the top 20 of fantasy scoring (non-PPR)?

I kind of wonder if ATL has a chance to do it this season

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Saints in 2017 with Kamara/Ingram?

oh yeah that's a good one. they each had over 1500 APY and over 10 TD

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

2022 DAL (8) Tony Pollard + (17) Ezekiel Elliot
2021 DEN (17) Melvin Gordon + (18) Javonte Williams
2020 CLE (9) Nick Chubb + (10) Kareem Hunt
2018 CHI (17) Tarik Cohen + (20) Jordan Howard
2017 already mentioned
2014 CIN (10) Jeremy Hill + (18) Giovani Bernard

nice data mining. I had CLE in the back of my head but honestly would've guessed some of those others (2018 tarik, 2014 gio) were outside of top-20. that was std, not ppr?

good stuff thanks

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

How in the gently caress is Allgeier on any of your wires outside of a 8 man league? He’s taken in all mine. I drafted him myself in two leagues as Bijan’s cuff and lolololol at any Bijan owner who let Allgeier go unrostered into kickoff week 1.

Allgeier might be top 20 even if Bijan remains healthy all season. Bid tons of faab.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

i should have bid more faab on kyren williams

at least I got him in another league

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

it's week 2 and half the fantasy first-round RBs are injured for multiple weeks, with chubb almost certainly done for season

rough season for high profile RBs

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

standard scoring, would you rather:

bijan
allgeier
deebo
dotson

or

ken walker
charbonnet
jahmyr gibbs
mark andrews
george pickens

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

FAAB claims for Jerome Ford in a $100 season total budget PPR league with a bunch of RB hoarders:

30 (me)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

no zay jones this week, I would not be surprised to see TLaw struggle a bit

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

so in one PPR league where we have a keeper mechanism I got all 3 big rookie TEs: LaPorta, Musgrave, and Kincaid.

is Kincaid droppable? the split with Knox is not going away (and contract-wise Knox is likely back next year), and the target volume just isn't there. Meanwhile the other guys are taking on clear TE1 roles and the corresponding targets

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Green Gloves posted:

My opponent started Achane against me last week and proceeded to drop him.

That has to be one of the most painful feelings.

Silly Burrito posted:

It always seems to take around 4 weeks before rookie RBs really hit their stride. I remember people dropping Kamara in week 2 in 2017, and whoops.

now hear me out: Roschon Johnson vs. the Broncos defense

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ferroque posted:

The qbs on the waiver wire available to me are like Geno, Love, Mayfield, Stroud, Jones, Purdy etc

Geno, Love and Purdy should be owned in most leagues. Purdy should be starting in many. Stroud may be very good after week 4, ROS, if his OL heals.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

how much faab y'all throwing for palmer?

I'm seeing recommendations anywhere from 4% to 30%

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Been messing around in tableau. lmk if there's better metrics to visualize or any feedback re: clearer way to present this stuff

fun post. what’s your data source if someone wanted to try similar analysis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

someone who really needs a TE is offering me Puka Nacua for Laporta and Christian Watson. Up from his original offer of Aiyuk. He might also take Engram instead of Laporta (I have both). PPR. I’m inclined to say no but it’s at least making me think. If Kupp were out for the season I woulda probably countered with Engram/Watson already given full PPR.

I can maybe see if he’d take Palmer or Addison instead but the answer is probably no.

How you guys valuing TEs in trade for other positions these days?