Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah! :mad:

Also my 1st and 2nd rounders are on the block in that league!

I'd like to CRUSH Quiet Feet in a dynasty league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

RCarr posted:

I would need $31 in cap space to make all my draft picks this year.

This team looks like it could easily stomp this year too.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Poque posted:

never draft or hold MVS.

This is the cold hard truth.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Cat Hassler posted:

Never draft Chiefs other than Mahomes and Kelce in redraft

and 2017 Kareem Hunt. Always draft him too.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

Is the 1.01 going to take Richardson? But yeah if Bijan falls to you, take him and log off

Why the gently caress was someone so desperate to get 2023 Kamara lmao

I'm waiting for my SA Dynasty league peeps to see this trade and remember I've had Kamara since 2021 startup and send me all they have. Guys! Guys?!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Package him with Zack Moss and we've got a deal

Butter fingers me dropped my Moss.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

James Robinson did indeed just get cut lol

the career arc of James Robinson is one of the more unique I've ever seen.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

If you replace Levis with Willis it’s not meaningfully better they both suck rear end

I've got bad late stage Julio Jones and Andre Johnson vibes going on here with Hopkins to TEN.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

I would be pretty comfortable with Kittle, Hockenson, Goedert, or Schultz over Andrews.

the ignoring of Kittle I'm seeing here from most is astounding. I'm always pretty sad when I don't get at least Kittle. Then it's wait until you get Gerald Everett time.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
I ride the Kittle wave almost every year. Typically better than the alternative. Mark Andrews was a dud last year. Had him in a league. No fun.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
ALERT

Jimmy Graham has signed with the saints. He’s 73 years old. Drop your best player and scoop.

END ALERT

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
I'm back to just give Kittle one last "push" towards believing in him on a year-to-year basis. I'm not sure why people forget he's great (basically always).

2018, 2019, 2021, and 2022. In standard he was, 2, 3, 4, 2 ranked, and in PPR he was 3, 2, 4, 3 ranked. This was for... a total of 16, 14, 14, and 15 games.

In 2020 he played 8 games and was still 19/20 in rankings.

Since he's become a "thing" in 2018... he's always top 4, except for that one time he was injured half the season.

I think the "feeling" about Kittle is far off from what he actually does. What he actually does is rule. Pick him and have a top 4 TE season, almost for sure.

Edit/Addendum: My wife does like to tell me I enjoy to swear at the TV about Kittle every week though, so... take my analysis here with a grain of salt. He does anger me a lot, on a week to week basis. I think it's largely because it only takes one big play for him to make your week a really good one... and you really really want that every play.

EconDad fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 27, 2023

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

Yeah pretty much. Sometimes football is an rear end in a top hat and you lose 3 guys in the span of a week and you just need a warm body RIGHT NOW or you won’t be alive in week 15 when your rookie may or may not have rounded into form.

That said I’ve definitely learned my lesson on dropping guys too soon. I’ll try much harder to keep a high upside rookie these days than I did a few years ago.

I play in a couple leagues with shallow benches and it’s brutal. Makes it easier for casual players cause there’s always someone on waivers to solve any problem. But it’s impossible to stash anyone, as soon as byes or injuries hit you need every roster spot. I hate feeling like a guy is about to break out but literally not being able to add him cause there’s no bench spot available.

I’ve basically stopped being in leagues like these. Many stats/potential stars on waivers removes the scarcity problem and therefore much of the strategy.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Pack it up everyone, the season is over. Sony Michel has retired.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

I assume he’ll serve it asap weeks 1-3? That certainly doesn’t make him undraftable. Although he was simply not that good or involved in the game plan last year, and the Saints added 2 backs in the offseason. So I was already down on him to begin with.

Just stare at his raiders matchup from last year. Only look at it.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Solution: no votes on trades. Instant trades. Once I was in a league that did that (SA dynasty) I’ve managed to now only be in leagues that do that. I’d never go back to waiting two days and waiting for weird rationale for group vetoes. Trades are … agreements between the parties trading. Unless it’s obvious collusion or some weird poo poo going on (often hard to show/prove anyway), all trades shouldn’t be group decisions, based on hurt feelings or whatever.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

coronaball posted:

NBC simply ruined Rotoworld/SportsEdge. Just made it into an absolutely useless and worthless website. It's depressing.

I agree. I still go there from muscle memory, every day. It's... terrible. It's hard to explain just how bad it is.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

If I had Redzone I would get nothing done on Sunday. I still don't, but at least I don't have Redzone.

I went with NFL Sunday Ticket this year.

There's not a chance I'll be "productive" on Sundays. Whatever that means, anyway.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah Kelce I'm not very high on. I think he's TE1 for sure, but I also think waiting a round or two and going for Andrews is a better idea.

Honestly it's more of a contest between JJ/Chase or CMC. I am wary of CMC getting hurt yet again though.

It's incredible how fast everyone forgot that CMC is always injured. He's being drafted like he's ironman, all of a sudden.

Spoiler: He's not ironman.

I actually was able to enjoy his last season -- and he helped me win my first championship in years... but, I'm just being realistic... it's probably not happening again this year for him.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Matt Zerella posted:

We are also sweeping Shanihanigans under the rug. I'm glad I'm in no position to take CMC.

when Eli Mitchell was healthy, it wasn't all that fun watching CMC be taken out near the goal line -- multiple times.

That is also nearly being completely ignored. This could fall under the Shanahanigans, though.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Kiss your Doug Martin pillow good night, everyone. It's for good luck.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't know who needs to hear this but you can still draft Vinny Testaverde* in Sleeper drafts.

I've done it two years in a row now.

you misspelled Kalen Ballage.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

ZombieCrew posted:

Roschon Johnson has a decent chance to be very good. As a bears fan, i think hes trending towards starter material pretty quick.

I'll be surprised if he's not the top RB for the bears... very quickly.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Cat Hassler posted:

Have the Chiefs had a legit stud rb1 since Jamaal Charles?

RIP Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware

Big daddy Charc

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

One team has a "bye" each week where they play against a dummy team (since Sleeper only does even numbers of teams). Record-wise, the bye will count as a tie. 14 weeks in the regular season means one team will get two byes but what can you do? This is the first year we've done 13, arrived at it accidentally when one long-time member bowed out and two previous members wanted back in.

This is the dummy team. Open to comedy options re: the roster, I mostly just picked randos

I mean… yeah I’m offended you don’t have Kalen Ballage on that team.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
It's almost fantasy season. I feel like I've been waiting for an entire year. Let's get it onnnnnnnn

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Just did an auction draft where we could keep "up to" four keepers. I'm sure glad i kept four, since my tentative drafting came through yet again.

$300 budget. 12 teams. My WRs are atrocious.
PPR. 1 point per "rushing first down", also. 6 point passing TDs.

QB: Jalen Hurts, kept (48)
RB: Austin Ekeler, kept (59)
RB: Nick Chubb, kept (46)
WR: George Pickens (15)
WR: Tyler Boyd (4)
WR: Hunter Renfrow (2)
TE: Evan Engram (9)
W/R/T: Travis Etienne, kept (22)
W/R/T: Dameon Pierce (33)
SUPERFLEX: Bryce Young (37)
K: Jason Sanders (2)

----
Bench
QB: Sam Howell (12)
RB: Jeff Wilson (2)
RB: Devon Achane (6)
RB: Chuba Hubbard (2)
RB: Tank Bigsby (4)
RB: Deon Jackson (2)
RB: Josh Kelley (2)
RB: Isaiah Spiller (1)
RB: Leonard Fournette (2)
WR: Zay Jones (2)
WR: Darius Slayton (3)
WR: Jalin Hyatt (6)
WR: Jarvis Landry (1)

-----
The first down point for rushing makes a huge difference. It makes RBs like Chubb, Pierce, Ekeler so valuable. PPR makes Ekeler even more valuable. Jalen Hurts is a machine in this setting. I imagine Bryce Young will be too. However... I just about guarantee I'll be trading an RB or three for some WR action. I seem to usually overlook WR, but this is as bad as it has been for me.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Drunk Nerds posted:

I really like you, so I'm going to be blunt: In a PPR where you can start 5 wrs and you are strong at RB, rostering just 7 WRs total vs 7 bench RBs is not going to give you the gas you need down the stretch. Ditch those RBs for WR depth.

I like the bluntness. One other thing to note though is… receiving yards are capped in terms of value. Rushing yards are at 0.1 per and receiving at 0.07.

So it’s … sort of nuanced.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh. Yeah that's a big difference. I think. Have to think.

Yeah, it adds a twist. Last year it was 0.05 per yard receiving. It nearly rendered receivers who made big chunk plays … as their typical method of fantasy earning, irrelevant.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Gas king just signed with Minnesota

*cue Salvon Ahmed lurking music*

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Sataere posted:

Ah yes, those not serious neck injuries

*ahmed circling the water… neck hanging askew atop shoulders, begging you to pick him up*

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm totally wrong about this. Some UDFA RB and Kenny "Small Hands" Pickett are gonna carry the Steelers offense while some bozo who was RB5 weeks 1-17 in 2021 and weeks 10-18 in 2022 is gonna just hand out Gatorade and towels to them

I honestly am in the minority. I don't understand the Najee fading whatsoever. It feels like a "way too easy" pick to make - snatching Najee where he's going.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

VietCampo posted:

one of these do not belong

skippedeeebeeebopppp pppp sscaaayaaaaat moore mannnnn

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Cat Hassler posted:

Yahoo hasn’t given me a draft grade from my draft last Saturday

Last year I got a C and ended up the #1 team going into the playoffs

Of course I finished fourth and out of the money

#1 and then fourth.

Are you me?

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Cat Hassler posted:

Sucked having Jalen Hurts get hurt right when fantasy playoffs started. That sunk me

I also was lucky enough to experience this same thing in one league. What a treat!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Silly Burrito posted:

why do we have nipples

TELL ME TELL MEEEEEE

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
When I think of MVS I think of a deep bomb that is underthrown and then MVS has to come back towards it, but he’s covered by three guys minimum and then it gets batted down by defenders or bounces off of his hands to the ground.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pron on VHS posted:

Gus or Hill in full PPR?

the answer is always "the Bus".

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

coronaball posted:

I agree with the internet doctors that it is certainly a foot, ankle, or Achilles injury.🤓

I think it's... an injury that occurred somewhere in his body. Possibly on the INSIDE of his body somewhere. Where all the meat and bones are located.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
$200 out of $250 budget for Justice Hill is the only way to win your league. Ask whoever did it in one of my keep-four auction leagues.