Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thanks to my fellow mental issues fantasy idiots. It's not a waste of a life if it brings you joy.

Still waiting on that joy but confidence is high, I repeat confidence is high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross may not make the 53. But holy poo poo do I hope he does.

This year it's UDFA running back Deneric Prince, who is clearly going to be even better than Darwin Thompson, the true Prince That Was Promised.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Was listening to PFF and apparently they think the 40 times for WR and DB were messed up. Said the splits and 10s and 20s didn't line up with the 40 times and they went so far as to call it "mathematically impossible".

Also they suspect something was going on with the laser. I know Doltos mentioned that as well.

So I looked up my team's WR pick and I recommend you do the same if you have one.

The 40 sticks out like a sore thumb. For some guys like Hyatt or Addison who were dinged in the draft for slower than expected 40 times uhhhh that may be bullshit.

Draft accordingly.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Makes sense but I was down on the Rice pick based on the 40 and some limited plays I watched but then found out

1. The 40 time may be messed up
2. Rice played the last season on a broken foot / toe.

So I feel like going back and re-evaluating everything I said about him.

Jordan Addison is another, he had a slow 40 and then in his pro day when he was going to prove everyone wrong this happened

https://twitter.com/eric_d_williams/status/1638222676807544832?s=61&t=VfPms4CBkLlZnXNpXD5M5Q

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ayudo posted:

Are 40 times/RAS even that meaningful at the WR position?

That's kind of not the point of my post if the 40 times were screwed up then I would think millions were lost. That's a gigantic gently caress up.

It seems impossible, kind of like somehow screwing up the grass in the 2022 Super Bowl right?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I would absolutely love to get my hands on Ridley, major boom potential there

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I offered Kamara and Baker in superflex for Calvin Ridley and got laughed out of the room. I'm not the only one that expects big things from him

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Kamara might get suspended and is old either way, and Baker might not even start, so I dont think I'd be interested in that offer at all either.

yeah it was a poo poo offer. But I could see Kamara bouncing back too. I mean, old? He's 27.

And even if he's suspended that's the beginning of the season, not the playoffs.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 9, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Post the draft results

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I bought in a little bit with Hyatt with you and Doltos constantly talking him up but the draft gives me doubts and the fact that he ended up on the Giants in the third round means I will be letting someone else take that gamble.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Your writeup on Rice doesn't mention that he played the season on a broken toe that sapped his speed. Before the broken toe here are his stats

Maryland had a first round and second round DB on their team. He roasted them.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Defending Chiefs picks in May is my #1 spring homer passtime

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

oh god

He'll probably go to the Bucs and ruin Rachaad White

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

every day is one day closer to Zeke looking at his stomach tattoo and going what the gently caress was I thinking

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

god sleeper sucks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

insane trade to me.

About to have our dynasty superflex draft and someone traded me 1.2 (swapped with my 1.9) and 3.2 for Alvin Kamara.

So now I have my choice of anyone from this list but i'm in the unique position of not needing a QB in a superflex. I have Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence, Kirk Cousins and then some extra guys like Baker.

in this situation, I don't think twice right? I take Bijan Robinson and call it a draft. Right?

I have it on good authority Richardson is going first.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Is the 1.01 going to take Richardson? But yeah if Bijan falls to you, take him and log off

Why the gently caress was someone so desperate to get 2023 Kamara lmao

He's bad. I jumped at the chance.

Here's how the first two rounds went.

edit: I had 2 and 3 and the fucker took Bijan first even though it's superflex and his QBs are Carr and Aaron Rodgers ugh

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 21, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If I was a Derek Henry owner, I would except nothing less than a first round pick

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Because Cousins probably won't be the quarterback for the Vikings next year. I'm happy to take Richardson who I wouldn't want to be my QB in real life but I fully expect to put up a ton of fantasy points to be the heir apparent for Cousins on my team next season.

Coming away with Richardson and Gibbs is a win for a rookie draft, everything later is a crap shoot so trading back in a rookie draft is silly, take the talent at the top.

The more dynasty drafts you do the more you realize what a slim chance these guys have of being on your team a year later.

I ended up with these guys. Yes there's a free agent safety in there, we have IDPs.

Anthony Richardson
Jahmyr Gibbs
Jalin Hyatt
Darnell Washington
Cedric Tillman
Kyle Hamilton
Zach Kuntz

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The guy that took Hendon Hooker in the third round of our dynasty rookie draft realized he had too many QBs and dropped him.

What is a reasonable amount of my $1000 FAB that I should bid on him. I'm feeling 300 but may be overestimating his worth.

dude threw 80 touchdowns in college even if he's older than dirt and coming off an ACL. Detroit has so many weapons.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

If I was a Derek Henry owner, I would except nothing less than a first round pick

by the way spelling his name wrong and using the wrong accept is what I get for posting drunk

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I do have a lot of QBs but we also have rosters of 40 players.

Anyway I heard someone is spending 500 on him lol so that's out

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

Why just cut him? You could get a draft pick. I'd 100% have paid a future third for him.

We have a 6 QB position limit, it was an offline draft and he was autodrafting but texted asking for Hooker if he was available. I said okay but then after the draft said you need to drop a QB so I can do the draft manually. After he dropped Hooker I texted him that we could call this a miscommunication but he felt like he intentionally did it and couldn't in good conscious go back on it, which I respect. He chose to drop Hooker over Stetson Bennett who he also drafted.

Still lol someone is about to bid half their season FAB on him, it's wild.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the difference between a three dollar hooker and a 741 dollar hooker is what someone is willing to spend

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm glad other people are confused by that. Tee Higgins isn't even the best WR on his team. He was WR17 in my league with PPR helping. Lamar also now has OBJ, Zay Flowers my #1 WR in the draft and a healthy Rashod Bateman. He could be QB1 in fantasy this season and I wouldn't be at all surprised, he's done it before.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Contract? Check. Offensive coordinator allowing Lamar to have flexibility and control over changing plays? Check. Weapons at every flex position? Triple Check.

I fully expect Lamar to take off. But if he doesn't there's nothing left to blame but himself.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/MattFFDynasty/status/1661710165480034306

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

JK Dobbins holding out and demanding a new contract even though guys like Saquon Barkley can't get one and JK can't stay healthy

Moving Gus Edwards up my dynasty bench

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is my final year I can keep Justin Jefferson. Seems like every year so far they have predicted his numbers would go down instead of up. To the moon, JJ

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gibbs is my bet. Then again everyone in my league agrees with me so he'll never fall far enough.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am still kicking myself for taking Najee Harris over Chase in dynasty.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Game-Blouses posted:

Any superflex dynasty rookie draft favorites in the 2.02 pick range? Went Richardson at 1.02. Thinking Miller, La Porta, or Mingo in that order at this point.

I like LePorta but if you're a superflex is Hendon Hooker available?

2.02 seems high but you could have a starting QB in two years

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's rounds 2 and 3 from my dynasty superflex rookie draft. Levis went in round 1 which already seems like a big mistake

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here's round 1

we start two QBs so yeah reaching for a precious QB is way more important than a slot receiver. I traded all over the place and drafted 2 and 3 and landed Richardson and Gibbs and I feel like I won the first round.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

All drafts should be auctions

Not keeper ones. I will never let go of my "keep Justin Jefferson for a 6th round pick" darling baby draft

Also trades involving draft picks are way more fun with snakes on redraft. Not talking dynasty here

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

that situation translates to keeping justin jefferson for $2 salary or something like that instead

and that is not nearly as fun as announcing in the sixth round Justin Jefferson read it and weep, fuckos

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

La Porta is a beast.

Rice went early in our second round since there are a lot of Chiefs fans in the league.

I'm jealous I didn't get him though, I think by his second year he'll be a badass. Lots of details about him that didn't really get out and the Chiefs liked him so much after his offseason training with Mahomes that they traded up for him when there seemed to be no other demand for him. He's much faster than his 40.

If the Chiefs get Deandre Hopkins that does complicate things since Rice kind of looks like a Hopkins clone

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Will Levis is third on the depth chart. Forget about him.

The Titans will run the ball and Tannehill will get sacked every time they try to do otherwise.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MakaVillian posted:

In my 0.5 PPR (TE premium) superflex dynasty league was offered the following

Give:
Miles Sanders
2025 3rd round pick

Get:
Isiah Pacheco
MVS

Now I have little to no interest in MVS but i'm thinking of countering with asking him for Pacheco and Gerald Everett, as my only TE right now is Cole Kmet. I'm obviously giving up the best asset in Sanders but i'm not going to be competing for the next year at least so getting a little younger with an RB who's on a better offence (and who can catch maybe?) seems interesting. Worth noting I currently roster Mahomes and McKinnon so I'd have a lot of Chiefs stock.

Thanks for everyone's help all the time even though I don't contribute as much as I should.

I'm glad this trade fell through for you

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/isiah-pacheco-may-be-added-to-chiefs-pup-list

quote:

Isiah Pacheco may be added to Chiefs PUP list

edit: hoping he would be off by the time the season started.

If a player is still on the list at the beginning of the season, they have to remain there for four weeks. This means they cannot practice or play during the first four weeks.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So much for Pacheco's PUP list. Not sure what Reid was hoping to accomplish there. Pacheco out there running around like a madman per usual