Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Who has more potential as a bottom tier keeper that will likely be dropped before the season starts (we can keep more people now than what is allowed for real):
These would all be at their projected ADP from some fantasy site, but with keepers it tends to give them a little value:

Akers - was ok end of season, I don't know what other RB the Rams have
Michael Carter - Hall handcuff, not sure if Hall will start the season
Eagles D - should be late, actually a potential starter if for some reason another keeper falls through

Leaning Carter just in the chance Hall misses more time than anticipated. Akers probably has more value but will be a higher draft pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Sataere posted:

I lean Akers, even though I have little trust in him. He finished the season strong and has no real competition. McVay likes to run the football.

I like Carter, but I don't think the opportunity is there even if Hall misses part of the season. Izzy Abanikanda was drafted and is probably going to split carries until Hall comes back and when he does come back, there will be a lot of mouths to feed.

Eagles D I have zero interest in just because defensive values historically change significantly year to year.

Docjowles posted:

Agree with all of this. Although it depends on the pick you have to give up for Akers and who else would be available around there in your league format. Like in a normal 12 team league I would want to keep any of those options at their 2022 ADP. But if Akers can be had for a later round pick then I think he's a good flier

Dicking around on Fantasypros looks like Akers is currently a 5th or 6th round ADP? Not accounting for keepers or anything obviously. That's tough, in that range if he's a total bust it still hurts.

tbh I think the most likely outcome is he gets cut unless he tears up training camp, he's redundant to what they have

Their round will be based on this years ADP (in August). Carter's ADP is currently undrafted vs a 6th rounder for Akers going by FantasyPros early ADP list. I like Akers better in a bubble, but I am not sure how much value he will have at that round. Unless you had him on your roster you probably missed him looking decent weeks 13-18 last year, so I can picture him dropping quite a bit during the draft. My likely keeper is going to be Breece Hall, so another part of the reason I am leaning Carter is that I will only keep either Akers or Carter if I do not keep Hall, and if I am not keeping Hall it means something is wrong and Carter has more room to start. I am not super concerned about a 5th round rookie eating into his time too much as a potential 16th rounder.

Thanks for the responses, I think it acted as a thinking prompt to give myself a little bit more conviction for the player I drop in August instead of June.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 31, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Docjowles posted:

I keep swinging and missing in my keeper league. Best I can do this year is Rhamondre for a 7th (probably gonna be this) or Hurts for a 4th (single QB league, doesn't seem worth). I'm insanely jealous of the guy who can keep Chase for a mid round pick for several more years. "Free early first round pick every year" is a goddam cheat code

Seems unlikely to be a dude like that this year unless literally everyone is wrong about one of the rookies. Which certainly happens! Bijan doesn't count as he's already a locked in first rounder

Those both sound pretty good to me, though Hurts might lose value in an 8 or 10 team league or something.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Seems awfully high tech, we just use a sand hourglass from some kids game.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I am in a league with a bunch of old guys (70s and 80s), and pretty much every year someone will ask if a consensus first round pick is still available in the 11th round or so. Tyler Boyd gets drafted, next pick: "Hey, is Christian McCaffery still available?".

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Hopkins has performed well with QBs like Hoyer or a half season of Tom Savage before Watson took over. I think his play style is fairly well suited for bad QBs since he tends to get contested short/mid range balls, he does not need a 70 yard bomb to get points. Granted, he was quite a bit younger for the previous performances, but something like AJ Brown's 2020 season of ~ 1000 yards and 11 TDs is doable, if maybe a touch optimistic. I think he could be a fairly high floor WR2.

I have him as a potential late keeper, but have a conflict so I cannot keep him. I don't think he will be tradable going to Tenn.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 17, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I am not even sure if I would have Andrews in the top 5 TE.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Docjowles posted:

He’s the consensus #2 so you’re definitely out of step on that. But “experts” are also wrong all the time. Giving them the finger to draft your own favorite dudes and then being right is one of the joys of fantasy :cheers:

Fantasypros has Pitts as TE5 and I don’t know how anyone can make themselves pull that lever again. Yeah draft for upside but the upside has to have some chance of manifesting.

I would be pretty comfortable with Kittle, Hockenson, Goedert, or Schultz over Andrews.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I forgot he is no longer in Dallas, which probably drops him down my rankings some.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Assuming a single QB league you could reasonably get Kelce in the first and Mahomes in the second, no auction needed.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

My issue is that, in 7 of 15 games last year, Kittle scored under 3 in standard, under 5.2 in hppr , and under 7.7 in full PPR. 7 out of 15 games he didn't show up at all.

TE is all about either getting a consistent positional advantage or sticking with the blob with a boring but high floor performance. Just under 50% of the time Kittle didn't provide either

Only 1.75 of those 7 games were after Purdy was QB, and while not fantasy relevant he did get > 3 every playoff game as well. Discounting the mixed QB MIA game and the NFC Championship (though he barely got more than 3 there too) where Purdy did not QB a full game: Pre-Purdy - 5/9 below 3, Post-Purdy (including playoffs) 1/8 below 3.

Plus TE was a wasteland last year, outside of Kelce no one consistently got points at TE, and I am not arguing to draft Kittle (who was still the #2 TE) before him. In a league where I drafted Kmet last year and had to juggle low tier TEs I am pretty sure I had a cumulative 4 points from my TE position through 7 weeks or so.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 27, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I proposed a trade in a league that I think might get accepted. It is a keeper league and you can keep 3 people, only 1 per position. It is a standard scoring superflex league. The team with the first draft spot only has one person worth keeping, and they have Hurts as a first round potential keeper who they were planning on dropping and just picking up again (it would extend his keeper timer 1 year). I draft at the 6th spot and have 4 players worth keeping, but can only keep 3 of them. My 4th unkeepable keeper is Hopkins as a 12th rounder for 2 more years.

The trade I offered is that we swap first round picks, and they get Hopkins. They can just keep Hurts as a first rounder since they still have an open keeper slot, so moving to a later first round pick is completely irrelevant. I move up from 6 to 1 in the first round (though I would be effectively drafting 4th if the trade does not go through, since #1 would still need to pick Hurts and there is another keeper in front of me), and they get Hopkins as a late keeper with an option for the following year.

It allows me to draft Josh Allen instead of someone like Kelce, so it is a somewhat lateral move since it is still going from one good player to another while they just get Hopkins for almost free. I like Hopkins, but worrying about potentially improving one opponent more than yourself is less important than improving your team vs every other team in the league so I assume it is worth doing? I guess I can try and squeeze some sort of late round trade like their 11th round pick for my 16th, but at some point that does not matter too much.

For reference, here are the best players available to draft.

QB:
Josh Allen
Herbert
Jackson
TE:
Kelce
WR:
Chase
RB:
Henry
Taylor
Ekeler

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
There is no chance he could lose out on Hurts this year since he could either keep him (assuming we make the trade), or drop him and redraft him with the first pick. All drafted players can be kept for 2 years after the year they were drafted, in the round they were drafted at. He was drafted last year in the first round, but if he drops him and redrafts him it resets the timer, so instead of having an option to keep him as a first round pick from 2022-2024 it would be 2023-2025. I don't think much value is being given to extending his timer, because ideally you have good players locked into later rounds. For some examples, in past years Lamar Jackson was a 9th round keeper, Metcalf was a 16th rounder, Mahomes was a 4th rounder etc.. Generally people want more value than a 1st round quality player for a 1st round pick, so I don't think that 2025 option is really a substantial consideration in their mind.

I don't think Hopkins is driving that much value here, I know my trade partner is not super high on him, but as a 12th rounder the price is right just to have one more starting lineup spot filled since most other teams will have 3 keepers.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Sometimes you just need to drop someone due to injuries and do not have better options, especially without the hindsight of knowing whether they are going to become a star player vs being Corey Davis or something.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 28, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
We use fantasyfootballcalculator to set our FA keeper rounds, and the site seems to be complete trash now. I recall using it years ago and it seemed like a more competitive mock draft site compared to ESPN/Yahoo, but just glancing at it now and it has so many errors. Jahmyr Gibbs is not even there, Bijan Robinson is a late 5th round pick, and the rookie QBs are > 13th round picks with a 2 QB setup. None of the rookies are on a team, even though the draft was over 3 months ago. I suggested to the commissioner to go with something a little more reliable like Fantasypro ADP aggregate, but they did not bite. I guess I can submit it as a formal rule change for next year and see if it gets enough votes.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Is your commissioner specifically benefiting from the wild deviations from aggregate rankings? If yeah, bail

No, they are not benefiting, it actually does not really seem like anyone is substantially benefiting, mainly since we do not have many FA keepers and if we do they tend to be late rounds where +/- a round or two does not matter much. It is mostly me complaining about how conservative the league is that getting any sort of change is a massive process, and that a once useful site is now garbage.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 30, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Can't teach speed.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Having a guy make 10 back to back emails about collusion for a trade in a keeper league because even after being in the league for 20 years he has no idea how keepers work. "You cannot swap first round picks, because then if they keep their player in the first round they no longer have a first round pick". Like, that is kind of how our keeper system works, with the player you keep being that rounds pick. Also he left the league around 5 years ago.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 4, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Who would have thought a WR2 to move up a few draft spots would be such a contentious trade. Seemed innocuous and it might implode the league lol. It did go through 5-4 though.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

Didn't you say the guy complaining is not even in the league anymore? What the hell is going on here?

Apparently he is back in the league after being out of it for about 5 years. It is a BML (but not big enough to really matter, no one is doing it for the income) so a lot of teams have co-owners and he rejoined as a partner with another team currently in the league. He is still ranting about it, and he is currently emailing me a combination of bad NFL trades or comparisons to Hunter Biden.

I do not think he and his partner understand the keeper rules, they are treating it like a straight Hopkins for pick #1, because the first round pick I traded back does not count because my trade partner is going to elect to keep a player there. They are completely ignoring that we swapped first round spots, even after multiple people have tried to explain it. The league has been going on more than 20 years and that is how keepers have always worked, the player you keep for that round ... is that rounds pick?

Other teams voted no as well, one votes no to every trade that does not involve them, and a few complained that it alters that draft order, because with the team I traded with keeping the player they would have drafted anyway at #1 now further behind them in the first round, and me drafting in front of them, the teams between the picks are getting pushed back a pick until it catches up with my original spot. The team at #2 no longer has the first choice of free agent (subtracting the player my trade partner was going to keep anyway), now they have the second free agent pick.

The funny thing is, I thought people would complain about the pick being unfair in the other direction, since my trade partner does not make any sacrifice since they will have the same first round player anyway, while my benefit is just moving up 3-5 spots in the first round (depending on other keepers), and there are enough good players left that it is more of a lateral move. I have more choices of players to draft moving up, but there is not much distance between them. Even at my original spot I could grab someone good like Kelce or whatever that very well could be more valuable than whoever I grab at #1.

Hopefully it is coherent, had to pick up people from the airport last night 4 hours ago and the coffee has not kicked in yet.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 5, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

I need some advice on my weird keeper league. We keep 2 players at the pick they were first drafted with 20 roster spots. QB, Super Flex, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex, so QB's are in high demand.

My players I am up in the air about are:
Mahomes- I took him with my first last year, but since I won the league I would get him with the 12th pick, vs knowing he is going first.
Higgins- 15th rounder and my keeper for the last 2 years.
Fields- 5th round, helped me win last year.

Or the hail marry keepers of:
Pickett- 13th
Ridder- 14th
Both of them kind of suck, but will have value as starters in those late rounds.

Any advice from people smarter than me? I am more lost then normal with no Beersheets this year. I am really torn between the value of Higgins and Fields who are both good and some value, vs Mahomes and having the number one pick at 12 vs taking a flyer on probably Pickett?

Edit- saw you can only keep 2. I would go with Mahomes and Higgins, unless you have an idea of how many QBs/WR will be kept and what your option will be for the 13th pick.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 7, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
For auctions the key is to not think you are a special boy (or girl) who is the only one waiting for whatever sleepers are left. When the draft is almost over there will be a handful of teams with $15 left bidding up the last remaining good player who was projected to go for $5. Similarly, the last player for a tier is always overpriced because 5 different teams will be like "there are 3 RBs I will be happy with as my RB1, no need to bid on the next 2".

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Drama is rare and amusing. Playing for real is much better than playing random inactive people. At least join a free goon league or something.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Fantasy got me back into football, where I stopped following it from the mid 90's until 2007 when I joined a work league without knowing anything about it. Started 0-5, ended up winning the league :smug:.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Was it Rotoworld that had that free stock market like league where each player had a value that moved based on people adding/dropping them, so you try and buy players you think will increase in price and accrue enough money to have an all-pro team by the end of the year? It must have been around 12 years ago or so. That was a fun format. The only annoying thing was the market opened at like 6am EST so you were kind of screwed on the West Coast when it came to getting the best prices.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Cat Hassler posted:

Yo I’m an idiot

My redraft league gives you one keeper. I gotta take Sun God at the cost of my 5th round pick right?

That is good value, but it is hard to say whether it is the best one without knowing the rest of your team. I have him as a 9th rounder :smug:.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Speaking of keepers, I get to keep three of the below at a 2-round-higher cost, so someone drafted in the third would be kept for my first; someone drafted in the 10th would be kept for my 8th.

I dont think there is any options other than:
1.) Amon-Ra for a 4th
2.) Etienne for an 11th
3.) Brian Robinson for a 10th

Then during the draft I'll go Kelce in the first, Hurts/Josh Allen/Mahomes in the second, then WR and RB for the rest of the draft.

If looking at other rosters you think a lot of RB will be kept and you have a later draft spot, it might not be that bad to keep Chubb over Robinson, assuming you cannot mock someone out to your spot who is better (and not-PPR would help Chubb's value). Also assuming there is no penalty for keeping someone in the first round?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
If I had Redzone I would get nothing done on Sunday. I still don't, but at least I don't have Redzone.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Well, in a 10 person superflex league so might as well.

Edit: It is full.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

The NFC South appears to have a soft schedule, could Bijan be this year’s Dameon Pierce?

I think expectations are a bit higher since Bijan is currently RB#3 on fantasypros while Pierce was RB#26 looking at last years stats.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

People keep conflating "first round rbs tend tobe bad" with "all first round rbs tend to be bad."

In fact, all rbs taken at #12 or earlier in the past 8 years have had monster seasons. Now that's just four, but it's all four.

This is kind of where I was leaning, there is a profound difference in expectation between a RB drafted in the top 10 and one drafted near the end of the round. Even if they are JAG, they will be force fed the ball to a productive season so the GM does not look dumb.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Only if you are Australian or British.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Cannot really go wrong with Mahomes, Allen, or Hurts there.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Vargo posted:

Have any of you ever done a league that allows you to trade draft picks? I've got an offer in my 12-team home league that is essentially me giving up my 1st and 4th round picks for an extra pick in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Since I'm drafting 7th, this pretty much means giving up Kelce or Kupp for guaranteed shots at Sun-God and Mandrews?

I don't know how to measure the value here, is the thing.

Picks rapidly depreciate, I guess it depends on what pick you are getting in the second and which players you like at which spots, but it seems like you are not getting enough in return.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
He came through if you were patient (had no one better to start) and played him in the finals last year.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Rollos posted:

12 team PPR

I think I might be able to trade AJ Dillion and Cooper Kupp for Justin Jefferson should I do it? My team:

QB: Joe Burrow
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Jaylen Waddle
RB: Miles Sanders
RB: Javonte Williams
TE: Darren Waller
DST: Kansas City

Bench:
RB: AJ Dillon
WR: Elijah Moore
RB: Zach Charbonnet
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster
WR: Michael Wilson
RB: Gus Edwards

In a bubble I would say yes, but your RB are pretty weak, I don't think you can afford to get rid of Dillon.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
The yahoo rating is usually inversely correlated with outcome. I cannot recall seeing a team with a B grade or better ever winning a league.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
From a pure ADP benefit both Dillon and Akers are worth keeping, the rest are more "if you want to" moves. Pittman at 5 seems pretty rich for my taste, but with keepers it is probably near ADP so it comes down to whether you want him or not.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Somehow I ended up bracketed between the few very experienced fantasy football people in what is a pretty casual league where a lot of people are not super knowledgeable. It feels a lot worse to watch the player you want fall 10 spots past their ADP all the way to 1 spot in front of you, but then get taken every single round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

VietCampo posted:

one of these do not belong